Z Gundam DVD Set Myth or reality

And where the hell is my SPT Layzner?

The same place as Giant Gorg, under their rears. They've been sitting on these shows since... 2001 was it, when they announced that line of classic anime?

Edited by haro genki

Hate me if you want, but I don't feel that Bandai actually hid anything from us. It's not like they said that nothing was being changed for the R1 release of Zeta Gundam.

I can deal without the openings or closings, as it's the contents of the episodes that I bought the DVD box set.

Just get over it and be happy that Zeta Gundam is being released here in the US!

Hate me if you want, but I don't feel that Bandai actually hid anything from us. It's not like they said that nothing was being changed for the R1 release of Zeta Gundam.

I think that not telling us about a change they made to the show is actually the definition of "hiding," so yes, they did hide something from us.

I don't really mind it that much. I'm not a huge fan of any Gundam themesongs. I just wish that they would have mentioned this at some point. Hell, they still haven't made a statement even now. They just sent it out and let people see it for themselves. All the information supposedly coming out of Bandai about this has been in the form of E-mail correspondence between pissed off fans and customer service. The least they could do is announce it when they're making an alteration. We're the ones shelling out for this thing, so if they're giving us something different -- even in such a minor way as the lack of lyrics in the opening songs -- from what we're expecting, they have an obligation to tell us. It's just really dirty of them to make a change for any reason and not tell the fans about it.

That said, it's just some songs. Anyone who threatens to cancel their order over this is just a posterchild for overreaction. Not wanting to deal with people like that is why Bandai didn't say anything in the first place. It'd be nice if people could step back and not get so militant about everything.

I got no plans on canceling it, I know a few people are actually upset from this and have canceled their orders asking for refunds. I mean, if its just the opening and ending credits, that's fine no big deal. But if episodes or scenes are cut out dispite there to be complete animation and sound restoration, THAN I can see grounds where people will have a big Bandai bonfire and just sing Carols around a big open fire.

As for me, I'm keepin 'em, better than boots even if the intro and ending are edited....atleast I can understand the subs without, "I lubed my father" for subbies.

That said, it's just some songs. Anyone who threatens to cancel their order over this is just a posterchild for overreaction. Not wanting to deal with people like that is why Bandai didn't say anything in the first place. It'd be nice if people could step back and not get so militant about everything.

Then again, for many of us who got into anime in the first place, it was because we wanted to get what the Japanese audience got. This is basically an issue of artistic integrity for most of us (myself included because I am so much of a purist), because now we are being offered something which is now more or less incomplete. Yeah, we may be getting the full story when we purchase the show, but the theme music also adds to how the atmosphere will be set. Sure, it's just some songs, but think how much different Star Wars would have been if John Williams had never been hired to compose the score. Bandai may or may not be telling the truth on this matter, but to a lot of fans of the anime series in question, they are feeling robbed of something which adds to the show in general.

Man that sucks, that the music music isn't on the dvds. Glad I was wondering if I should have preordered but I'm glad I didn't cause if I did I most likely would have canceled. I don't think its overracting at all. Its simply the matter of them seeming to bascily hold back this information until the last minute and releasing an incomplete product. Really I wouldn't care so much but like said, Bandai was one of the companies trying their best to stop digisubs, HK, and fansubs in general last time I checked. Yet they go ahead and release an incomplete product. Its things like this that tend to drive a good deal of people to seeking out fansubs of licenesed products in order to get a complete version of the product even if it isn't official. Just one of those really annoying things.

Like a company stopping a extremely well done fansub that happens to translate everything on screen(signs, letters, etc) and gives explantions on things (due to culture differences) only to get an official version of the show and see that just the dialogue is translated and even altered a bit and nothing else is done, even when the screen tends to focus on signs, letters, or certain actions. Hmm maybe not the best thing to compare it to but I think you can see the direction I'm going in. Just for sake of asking, does this really annoy anyone else when you get a official release of a show and compare it with fansubs?

Yeah ok but you guys areacting like the entire score got redone... isn't it JUST the openings? I mean honestly As much as I loved the 2nd opening I sure as hell wouldn't put down $150+ specifically for the opening and ending music... I mean yeah its poor marketing on bandai's behalf but seriously when animeigo released the original macross wasn't there some different ending for the first episode or something that they didn't include OMFG!!! I should just sell all my DVD's now :blink:

Another example is MAcross plus vol 4 OMG they changed the music IMO this is just as bad if not worse because well the music played a vital point in the show itself and added to the scenes while these are just openings. You know its not like they pulled a robotech and added in their own different music for every single scene... and i'm sure if I looked around I would see most of us with our M+ vol 4 still on our shelves and for those of you who had the $$$ to waste on the R2 version of Vol 4 why not do the same for Z?

Honestly yes I agree the openings kicked ass and it sucks they wont be on the DVDs but In my case I bought the show for the show not the openings and its not like the rest of the soundtrack is redone just the openings.... honestly compared to MSG TV this is utterly amazing comparitivly. So why were you guys going to buy it in the first place when you could just watch the fansubs...

*is completly lost*

I think you missed Effect's point entirely.

Bandai was upfront about there not being the Japanese original dialog track with MSG.

They kept their mouth shut about changes to Zeta and even promised it'd be "uncut, unedited".

Sales from the dub-only MSG DVDs must have been pretty awful for them to take the low road with Zeta.

That said, it's just some songs.  Anyone who threatens to cancel their order over this is just a posterchild for overreaction.  Not wanting to deal with people like that is why Bandai didn't say anything in the first place.  It'd be nice if people could step back and not get so militant about everything.

Then again, for many of us who got into anime in the first place, it was because we wanted to get what the Japanese audience got. This is basically an issue of artistic integrity for most of us (myself included because I am so much of a purist), because now we are being offered something which is now more or less incomplete. Yeah, we may be getting the full story when we purchase the show, but the theme music also adds to how the atmosphere will be set. Sure, it's just some songs, but think how much different Star Wars would have been if John Williams had never been hired to compose the score. Bandai may or may not be telling the truth on this matter, but to a lot of fans of the anime series in question, they are feeling robbed of something which adds to the show in general.

If you want to get what the Japanese audience got, I'm sure Bandai would be happy to sell you the DVDs in thirteen volumes instead of ten, with no extras, no English subtitles or voice track, for 6000 yen a piece. Or would that be a little too much like what the Japanese audience got?

Listen, I'm not defending Bandai. I would have preferred that they leave everything unaltered, and I certainly think it was really low of them not to mention this (in fact, they still haven't made an official announcement). But cancelling an order over something like this? If it'll make you feel better, I can send you a $200 DVD with the unaltered openings and closings on it, since that's apparently the only reason you were buying the set in the first place.

The Star Wars argument is completely irrelevant unless you're only referring to the music that plays during the expository intro and the closing credits. And even then, I would have to say that if the new music worked well, it wouldn't be that big a deal (although I'm also not a Star Wars fan, so I have to admit I really wouldn't care at all). It's only when the alterations diminish the scene that it's really a problem. I'm going to assume that most or all of us haven't yet seen the new intros and closing. But from what I've heard, people seem to generally think that it came out quite well.

Man that sucks, that the music music isn't on the dvds. Glad I was wondering if I should have preordered but I'm glad I didn't cause if I did I most likely would have canceled. I don't think its overracting at all. Its simply the matter of them seeming to bascily hold back this information until the last minute and releasing an incomplete product. Really I wouldn't care so much but like said, Bandai was one of the companies trying their best to stop digisubs, HK, and fansubs in general last time I checked. Yet they go ahead and release an incomplete product. Its things like this that tend to drive a good deal of people to seeking out fansubs of licenesed products in order to get a complete version of the product even if it isn't official. Just one of those really annoying things.

So what you're saying is, because they changed the song that plays during the sequence whose sole purpose is to tell you in a language that you (probably) don't understand who did the background cel painting in episode 42, you would have cancelled your order? Because you got an "incomplete" product? I think it would be more accurate to say you got an altered product. And you haven't even seen the alteration in question. From a purist perspective, I can understand being upset if Bandai just decided they knew how to make the show better and started making arbitrary changes, but they *don't own the right to the songs* and they got as close as they could by using instrumental versions that they do have the rights for. Cancelling your order over that is an incredible overreaction. I don't know about the rest of you, but I put down $120 to see Zeta Gundam, not to watch credits.

Like a company stopping a extremely well done fansub that happens to translate everything on screen(signs, letters, etc) and gives explantions on things (due to culture differences) only to get an official version of the show and see that just the dialogue is translated and even altered a bit and nothing else is done, even when the screen tends to focus on signs, letters, or certain actions. Hmm maybe not the best thing to compare it to but I think you can see the direction I'm going in. Just for sake of asking, does this really annoy anyone else when you get a official release of a show and compare it with fansubs?

Apples and oranges. You're comparing Bandai's legal inability to use this music to a company's arbitrary decision not to translate every single bit of text on screen or to translate something as this instead of that.

Ok, so let me get this stright.

Bandai America's semi-official reason is that they couldn't get the license for the Zeta song openings correct?

Yet SEED DID come out with the original op/ed intact.

I think it's safe to say T.M. REVOLUTION is a bit more popular then the people who did the songs in the mid 80s.

To me it's yet another UC brush-off, in favour of yet inferior product-in-better-packaged AU.

Sigh, it's got nothing to do with this supposed victimization UC fans have a complex about.

The Zeta openings and the ending were composed by an American musician by the name of Neil Sedaka. If you go to his page there, take a look at his biography and you'll notice that the guy does appear to have quite the lofty opinion of himself, so the chances of him asking for a considerable sum of money for rights to the music is one I'd quite easily believe. I'd equally believe that Sunrise would take the cheap option and not pay it.

Seriously, you people who think they're out to badly treat the UC need to get the hell over yourselves and take a look at reality.

If you think the AU series are given such great treatment, then you've obviously ignoring the fact that the Wing dvds were DUBTITLED, and the G-Gundam dvds also had an innaccurate, quasi-dubtitled sub script that often differed from what the characters were actually saying (do I even have to mention what they did to G's dub?).

In fact, the only parts of Gundam to be treated well so far are the UC series, since the UC original movie trilogy, the OVAs and Char's Counterattack are the only ones to really come out with no issues.

Bandai USA don't do this stuff, their hand is forced by Sunrise in Japan and when it comes to screwing up anime, nobody does it better than the Japanese.

I mean personally, I think they should have spent less time and money on things like pencil sharpener figures and getting art done by the Saber Marionette guy and more on making that "Perfect Collection" name on the front of the box true. The should have gone all out on that - I paid $250 years ago for the complete 36 episode Macross set, and I was only too happy to do so - I would have done the same for 50 episodes of Zeta in a second if they'd treated it with similar respect.

Unfortunately Sunrise just don't seem to get it. Theres little anybody can do about it either except vote with your wallet. I won't be buying these imperfect dvds and will just get the R2 ones instead.

If the music to the openings and ending was the only thing that had to be altered... go buy the CDs and listen to the CD as the sequences play. Or go pay Mr. Sedaka the huge royalty fees and get your songs. Better yet, go buy the R2s or the HK bootlegs if you want your damn songs.

If the music to the openings and ending was the only thing that had to be altered... go buy the CDs and listen to the CD as the sequences play. Or go pay Mr. Sedaka the huge royalty fees and get your songs. Better yet, go buy the R2s or the HK bootlegs if you want your damn songs.

Exactly my point I was trying to make

If you want to get what the Japanese audience got, I'm sure Bandai would be happy to sell you the DVDs in thirteen volumes instead of ten, with no extras, no English subtitles or voice track, for 6000 yen a piece. Or would that be a little too much like what the Japanese audience got?

Listen, I'm not defending Bandai. I would have preferred that they leave everything unaltered, and I certainly think it was really low of them not to mention this (in fact, they still haven't made an official announcement). But cancelling an order over something like this? If it'll make you feel better, I can send you a $200 DVD with the unaltered openings and closings on it, since that's apparently the only reason you were buying the set in the first place.

The Star Wars argument is completely irrelevant unless you're only referring to the music that plays during the expository intro and the closing credits. And even then, I would have to say that if the new music worked well, it wouldn't be that big a deal (although I'm also not a Star Wars fan, so I have to admit I really wouldn't care at all). It's only when the alterations diminish the scene that it's really a problem. I'm going to assume that most or all of us haven't yet seen the new intros and closing. But from what I've heard, people seem to generally think that it came out quite well.

You missed my point. First off, I don't appreciate your sarcasm. Second, I hate Gundam. Would never own it. I have watched it, but it's not my cup of tea, and this is from someone who has been a mecha fan since my early anime days in the late 70's. But the explanation they gave still does not explain why Bandai will not issue a complete product to its customer base in the United States, when it is so blatantly obvious it is popular here. I was not referring to the amount of episodes on a DVD or video cassette, but the actual content of the show. It is perfectly understandable for fans here to be upset to the point of anger. Hell, I would cancel it myself. So calm down boot and let them have it.

As for the Star Wars argument being irrelevent, you're wrong there also. If Lucas were to have removed the impressive opening theme and replaced it with another, such as the theme from Battle Beyond the Stars, don't you think fans would be pissed off? If anything, the major sound issues A New Hope had upon release sure ticked people off. There were even some fans here who were miffed. Music is so much a part of the show that when it is changed, even with something related to the series itself, people notice and it does have a direct affect on it.

You missed my point. First off, I don't appreciate your sarcasm. Second, I hate Gundam. Would never own it.

Then why are you complaining if you're not going to watch it, own it or be part of it? <_<

I can understand that your a purist and you would want everything there but it doesn't really concern you since you're not buying it in the first place. Why add to the fire?

To be fair, people did make a big deal out of manga screwing up the audio on hte 4th episode. But again, to those that don't think this business with Zeta is a legitimate gripe, just think about what would happen if Bebop or Escaflowne were released with out their themes. While I feel bandai did make up for it by including the booklet, pencil sharpeners, poster's etc (note that all of these items only appeared after the delay), it would have been a hell of a lot better if they came clean from the start.

If you want to get what the Japanese audience got, I'm sure Bandai would be happy to sell you the DVDs in thirteen volumes instead of ten, with no extras, no English subtitles or voice track, for 6000 yen a piece.  Or would that be a little too much like what the Japanese audience got?

Listen, I'm not defending Bandai.  I would have preferred that they leave everything unaltered, and I certainly think it was really low of them not to mention this (in fact, they still haven't made an official announcement).  But cancelling an order over something like this?  If it'll make you feel better, I can send you a $200 DVD with the unaltered openings and closings on it, since that's apparently the only reason you were buying the set in the first place.

The Star Wars argument is completely irrelevant unless you're only referring to the music that plays during the expository intro and the closing credits.  And even then, I would have to say that if the new music worked well, it wouldn't be that big a deal (although I'm also not a Star Wars fan, so I have to admit I really wouldn't care at all).  It's only when the alterations diminish the scene that it's really a problem.  I'm going to assume that most or all of us haven't yet seen the new intros and closing.  But from what I've heard, people seem to generally think that it came out quite well.

You missed my point. First off, I don't appreciate your sarcasm. Second, I hate Gundam. Would never own it. I have watched it, but it's not my cup of tea, and this is from someone who has been a mecha fan since my early anime days in the late 70's. But the explanation they gave still does not explain why Bandai will not issue a complete product to its customer base in the United States, when it is so blatantly obvious it is popular here. I was not referring to the amount of episodes on a DVD or video cassette, but the actual content of the show. It is perfectly understandable for fans here to be upset to the point of anger. Hell, I would cancel it myself. So calm down boot and let them have it.

As for the Star Wars argument being irrelevent, you're wrong there also. If Lucas were to have removed the impressive opening theme and replaced it with another, such as the theme from Battle Beyond the Stars, don't you think fans would be pissed off? If anything, the major sound issues A New Hope had upon release sure ticked people off. There were even some fans here who were miffed. Music is so much a part of the show that when it is changed, even with something related to the series itself, people notice and it does have a direct affect on it.

I don't think I missed your point at all, I think you're just too upset about this to realize that. I don't really care whether you appreciate sarcasm, because it was a legitimate point. Anyone who wants what the Japanese got is more than welcome to pay 78,000 yen and get what the Japanese got. What the Japanese got was, yes, the original music -- and no extras, no English, fewer episodes per DVD, and a much higher price tag.

Their reasoning *does* actually explain why they can't provide a "complete" product, and Panon already explained it. The fact of the matter is that the credits are not the show. The content of the show itself is unaltered. All they did was replace the credits music with instrumental versions. If it's that big a deal, my offer to send out a $200 DVD with the unaltered credits sequences to anyone who wants it still stands.

I have no doubt that Star Wars fans would scream bloody murder if Lucas changed the music, but it's not as if that's the only song that could possibly accompany text scrolling across the screen. He could find a suitable replacement song, a small minority would throw a huge fit over it, and the general population would watch the movies in their new form and get on with their lives. This assumes, of course, that for some reason Lucas no longer has rights to use that music, because if that's not the case and it's just a decision he made arbitrarily, then the example doesn't even work.

I have no doubt that Star Wars fans would scream bloody murder if Lucas changed the music, but it's not as if that's the only song that could possibly accompany text scrolling across the screen. He could find a suitable replacement song, a small minority would throw a huge fit over it, and the general population would watch the movies in their new form and get on with their lives.

You stop right there. Glad you understand why fans are pissed but don't try to justify a reason for it. Whether Bandai couldn't get the rights or not to the vocals is NO excsue for them not being upfront about this. There is NO JUSTIFICATION WHATSOEVER! Just like there would be no justifying Lucas if he did the same which is a legitimate example because Lucas has already made it clear he will change elements of his movies on a whim to suit his "vision" and change his mind as they come along.....

I have no doubt that Star Wars fans would scream bloody murder if Lucas changed the music, but it's not as if that's the only song that could possibly accompany text scrolling across the screen.  He could find a suitable replacement song, a small minority would throw a huge fit over it, and the general population would watch the movies in their new form and get on with their lives.

You stop right there. Glad you understand why fans are pissed but don't try to justify a reason for it. Whether Bandai couldn't get the rights or not to the vocals is NO excsue for them not being upfront about this. There is NO JUSTIFICATION WHATSOEVER! Just like there would be no justifying Lucas if he did the same which is a legitimate example because Lucas has already made it clear he will change elements of his movies on a whim to suit his "vision" and change his mind as they come along.....

Um, haven't I already said -- several times, even -- that Bandai should have told us about this a long time ago? Don't bitch me out as if I were saying they've handled the situation perfectly so far.

I don't know how to make it any clearer exactly why the Star Wars example is a terrible analogy, though. Changes to Star Wars: made arbitrarily by Lucas to be more like what he wanted to see. Changes to Zeta Gundam: made because Bandai didn't have rights to use the music. Not to mention there were far more changes to Star Wars, and they took place within the actual movies. Honestly, the way you people sit there and whine about this, you'd think half the show ended up on Bandai's cutting room floor, when really all they did was alter the credits to use THE SAME SONGS without lyrics. It's just unbelievable how up in arms people get over things.

It's too bad about the changes to the opening and closing music, but again, this is a case where Bandai Japan is the enemy. First they force an English dub only for the original Gundam TV series and at Tomino's request, they left an episode. From what I've gathered over the last few years, the Bandai offices here in the US aren't the problem; they would gladly like to give the customers what they want. For those really upset about this, I would recommend e-mailing, snail mailing (this will more likely get attention then an e-mail), or even calling Bandai up.

Doesn't anyone remember the music licensing issues which would probably screw up a US release of Macross 7, even if the other legal problems weren't going on?

Even with this, I'm still stoked to be getting this DVD set this week. :)

I've been sitting on the sidelines here so far, as I'm not a fan of Zeta, so this doesn't really affect me.

However, I've been trying to figure out how I would feel if Bandai released an official R1 version of one of my favorite animes (let's say Macross 7 for example) and replaced the opening and ending songs with instrumental tracks.

While initially I would be pretty pissed, I think in the end it wouldn't bother me too much after I'd calmed down. I mean let's be honest here, when watching an anime TV series on DVD how many of you actually watch and listen to the ending/openings for every single episode? I don't know about you all, but I probably only listen to & watch the opening/endings once or twice anyway and then just fast forward through them for the rest of the series anyway. Listening to the same songs 50+ times gets old pretty fast IMO.

Yes, it was bad form on Bandai's part not to announce this change prior to release. I think Bandai should have realised that their main customer base for the Zeta DVDs (I'm guessing) is the more hard core older UC fans who have probably seen some (or all) of Zeta already one way or another and so would want the show in it's totally original form.

But as others have mentioned, if you like Zeta, chances are you probably own the songs anyway (not that that is an excuse for what Bandai did).

Graham

I don't really care about these lyrics thing, for the same reasons than Graham overally (except that I ordered this set and I'm happy in advance to get it... :p ) but the thing I don't get is: why does one Bandaï screws up the bizness of another Bandaï? Aren't they supposed to be the same company with different 'offices' in the world (sort of...)? :huh:

I don't really care about these lyrics thing, for the same reasons than Graham overally (except that I ordered this set and I'm happy in advance to get it... :p ) but the thing I don't get is: why does one Bandaï screws up the bizness of another Bandaï? Aren't they supposed to be the same company with different 'offices' in the world (sort of...)? :huh:

Bandai/Sunrise Japan has an interest in maximizing their profits and doesn't care if they screw over their US branch to do it. The reason they refused to let Bandai USA have the japanese language track for the DVDs is that they didn't want japanese people importing the American DVDs, since they had not yet released MSG over there on that format.

Right Stuf has begun processing the Zeta Boxes. :)

This time for real.

Edited by Anubis

Deepdiscountdvd just shipped my order today. I ordered it back in mid october, just thought I'd give you guys a heads up. They must have got a second wave of shipments in or something.

Yep, Shawne from TRSI said that Bandai sent out the boxes in waves.

And my Star Trek Season 3 box shipped today too! :lol::lol:

Edited by haro genki

I've been sitting on the sidelines here so far, as I'm not a fan of Zeta, so this doesn't really affect me.

While initially I would be pretty pissed, I think in the end it wouldn't bother me too much after I'd calmed down. I mean let's be honest here, when watching an anime TV series on DVD how many of you actually watch and listen to the ending/openings for every single episode?

I know where you're coming from, but this is different. It's not like them leaving out god-awful drivel like "Tobe! Gundam" from First Gundam, and it wouldn't be analogous to them leaving out some forgettable piece like the Gundam Wing or Gundam Seed openings.

"Toki wo Koete" is damn good, and it has a strong following in the Zeta crowd. "Believing a sign of Zeta" (a line from the theme song) is a rallying cry for fans of the show, as evident in the "Operation Zeta" campaign. For them not to include it at all downright sucks. But if that's the way it's gotta be, that's the way it's gotta be. It still sucks, though. It's still worth being upset about, I'd say. Maybe the novelty of watching that opening at the start of each of the first 20-odd episodes would get old, but not anytime soon. Especially after the long-ass wait to get (legitimate) discs of the show in the first place. If you were a fan of Zeta you'd probably understand better.

It's different for different shows. I'd probably skip through the openings of Gundam 0080, 0083, or Azumanga Daioh, or even the original Macross (as much as I love its opening, I've seen it so much...) pretty consistently. But Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, not so much. Zeta, not so much. They're worth listening to. The novelty does wear off, but now and again it's still worth sitting through. With my current bootleg Zeta discs, the opening is only present at the start of the disc (not on each individual episode) - as a result I find myself wishing I could easily watch the opening more frequently.

I'll probably see if I can combine the opening of my bootleg Zeta discs with the episodes of my legit. Zeta discs onto DVD-R. It's good that we're not powerless in this. (Hopefully the requisite data will actually fit on a DVD-R...)

Hey, here's a thought....

Why doesn't someone post the missing songs for download?

I have never heard them since I have never seen Zeta, but am curious to.

That way, we could make up our own minds as to whether or not Bandai is raping our childhood (or adulthood). :lol:

On another note....

My order is processing with DDDVD - finally!

snoopy1.gif

dancing1.gifdancingtiger.gif

Edited by Mechamaniac

That way, we could make up our own minds as to whether or not Bandai is raping our childhood (or adulthood). :lol:

You know how much I hate that phrase? I mean, does it really have to be one extreme or the other? Can't I be dissatisfied without being colored as Comic Book Guy humming a whiny protest song about what a victim he's become? And I don't like applying the term "rape" to something so trivial, either. Pet peeve mode off.

Personally I feel like the situation sucks, but I'm happy that I'm not powerless to do anything about it. I can get my hands on a DVD recorder pretty easily and straighten this out once and for all.

Dig through here for the original opening:

http://www.toonamiarsenal.com/download/almost.php

You can also Google for "Toki wo koete mp3", but it'll take some digging.

Um, haven't I already said -- several times, even -- that Bandai should have told us about this a long time ago?  Don't bitch me out as if I were saying they've handled the situation perfectly so far.

I'm not bitching you out. You haven't seen me bitch anyone out. I'm pointing out how you keep trying to justify the whole thing as a way to undermine the gripes people have for a good reason.

Honestly, the way you people sit there and whine about this, you'd think half the show ended up on Bandai's cutting room floor, when really all they did was alter the credits to use THE SAME SONGS without lyrics.  It's just unbelievable how up in arms people get over things.

See, there ya go. No, it's not unbelievable. It's all perfectly valid. I didn't cancel my odrer but I see nothing wrong with those who want to. Especially if you look at the hefty price tag money is being shelled out for an incomplete set.

Edited by Jemstone

You know how much I hate that phrase? I mean, does it really have to be one extreme or the other? Can't I be dissatisfied without being colored as Comic Book Guy humming a whiny protest song about what a victim he's become? And I don't like applying the term "rape" to something so trivial, either. Pet peeve mode off.

Yeah, I know, I hate fanboys that whine using that phrase as well.

Which is why I poked fun at it. :lol: