Gundam - The Live Action Movie

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my childhood has truly been raped you think they would have learned from G-Savior :angry::angry::angry: i do not want to see another live gundam movie

Hmmm.... I'm not sure what to think. On one hand, it's a bad idea for Hollyweird to adapt anything anime or video game related (see: Akira) but on the other hand, I won't deny the appeal of seeing Zakus and the White Base in live action (well at least as "live" as CGI can make them, anyway). Lets just pray that they don't attempt to reinvent the wheel with this one. Mobile Suit Gundam still works today because of its characters and its story. Please don't feel the need to mess around with them. It's not necessary.

Well if you think about it, America didn't produce the G Savior movie :p that was pure Canada with a few simple areas to show of that, almost all actors were canadian based, I believe most of the shots were done in areas of Canada, and now lets talk about costumes.......Star Ship troopers? Lets face it, only cool the FIRST TIME, after that we had Power Rangers Lost Galaxy and G Savior with the SAME FLIPPING UNIFORMS! And I even think guns...

The CGI was 3rd rate beginners college students I bet who thought they made a pretty penny. Not too mention the horrid mobile suit designs I don't think were even drawn by an experinced Japanese Mecha artist....than again I can't remember.

Lets see.......Bandai orientated filming industry...nah can't be SquareEnix.....Dream Works? :p Not much I can think of......

But I'd like to see a green light and know that a cast and script is together before I go "WOHOO! Gundam movie!!!"

Well if you think about it, America didn't produce the G Savior movie :p that was pure Canada with a few simple areas to show of that, almost all actors were canadian based, I believe most of the shots were done in areas of Canada,

Yeah!! That's it.....

Blame Canada!

Blame Canada!

With all their beady little eyes

And flappin' heads so full of lies

Blame Canada

Blame Canada

We need to form a full assault

It's Canada's fault!

:lol:

Oh, and the live action Gundam movie will SUCK. :rolleyes:

Edited by Mechamaniac

I have yet to see a live action giant robot movie that did not come off as total camp mixed with a bag of suck for good measure... and I've seen a lot of them. I don't know what it is, I can't place why they have all sucked outside of poor story and lack of any real desire by the audience to see the cast... well... do things. In my mind even the best efforts will always turn out like Gunhed, G-Saviour, Robot Wars, or Robot Jox... you know... crappy.

I think the concept of giant robots, transforming or otherwise, just needs to remain 2D animated. Even the 3D CGI stuff like the new Transformers shows just lose something that the original had. It's easy to blame bad writing, poor acting and terrible editing but in the end those are just further bullet holes in the chassis of an already weak and dubious vehicle that is the giant robot live action movie. Until someone does one "right" I think most people will shy away from them.

Believe it when I see it, given the waning popularity of Gundam in the States and the fact that lots of "developed" movie ideas never make it past pre-production, I'm not holding my breath on this one showing up.

Speaking of which, where's the Evangelion movie? Wonder if its gonna be a reality. :huh:

Like the Eva movie, I am reseving judgement until I see something concrete and in-production about it, not just concept or pre-production stuff.

I'm guessing this will go as far as the proposed live action Macross movie from so long ago. Done the right way by a serious director with a good script, Gundam could be a great live action movie. But that's in a perfect world without Hollywood's pandering to the masses and Bandai's whoring of model kits. Realistically, I think Gundam after G-Saviour will remain in the anime realm.

On a brief note...in regards to the post about G-Saviour's mecha designs, they were actually created by veteran designer Kunio Okawara. If you look at the lineart versions of the G-Saviour, it has all his standard Gundam design elements.

I'm waiting to see if I actually do get raped before I cry rape. I was afraid for the Transformers movie, but then I saw a certain Citroen commercial... now I'm pretty psyched for the Transformers movie, and if Tomino is more involved with the new Gundam movie, then it could be pretty good too.

I'm perfectly happy with traditional cel animated character and mecha anime thank you very much. I'm even happy to accept a mix of cel characters and CG mecha ala Macross Zero, although I tend to draw the line at CG characters.

As I've stated many times before, I just don't see why there is this desire to remake much-beloved anime into live-action? I just don't get it. The anime not good enough or something?

Anway, I seriously doubt this would work. All the live-action Gundam I've seen from the atrocious G-saviour to the extremely camp PS OYW Gundam game with gaijin actors has just been one big joke.

Graham

As I've stated many times before, I just don't see why there is this desire to remake much-beloved anime into live-action? I just don't get it. The anime not good enough or something?

I think it's related to the fact that it's anime precisely: a lot of people still consider these productions as 'for the kids only' which implies they'll make less money... Always the same thing... <_<