VF-1S Max... pic?

The6ftTallAZN

Um... I didn't know where this should go (as usual) so here I go... does anybody have a pic of the VF-1S that Max flies in DYRL? I'm in the middle of drawing a pic of all of Max's Valkyries and can't remember the colors of the 1S.

Here is one small piece of evidence that discounts that. Even in DYRL, where the animation and art was so much better than the TV series. In this scene I present you with Max's VF-1S with NO COLOR AT ALL. It also bears mentioning that in one screenshot that Roy had a YELLOW heatshield. My best guess is that the color does not really matter. Most here would like to think that it was a blue heatshield. A few think it was black (and yes, a couple of screenshots substantiate this).... but you could get away with either. Personally I think that Blue would've held better... especially since Hikaru's VF-1S had a red heatshield (as seen in good-solid scenes that were clear)

Edit: Ok, the damn picture won't work....

at any rate, there's a scene while he's fighting milia inside the ship where his valkyrie is black and white only.

Edited by Skull Leader

Here is one small piece of evidence that discounts that. Even in DYRL, where the animation and art was so much better than the TV series. In this scene I present you with Max's VF-1S with NO COLOR AT ALL. It also bears mentioning that in one screenshot that Roy had a YELLOW heatshield. My best guess is that the color does not really matter. Most here would like to think that it was a blue heatshield. A few think it was black (and yes, a couple of screenshots substantiate this).... but you could get away with either. Personally I think that Blue would've held better... especially since Hikaru's VF-1S had a red heatshield (as seen in good-solid scenes that were clear)

Edit: Ok, the damn picture won't work....

at any rate, there's a scene while he's fighting milia inside the ship where his valkyrie is black and white only.

Personally, I think the colored heatshields look very ugly.

So given the disturbing lack of continuity present, I choose black heatshields as "correct".

Perhaps Max just had it repainted at one point?

Nah, animation mistakes all over the place... If BW changed their minds and made the heatshield color for Max and Hikaru, but not for Roy, they are dumber than I thought. 1S heatshield should be black.

Sorry, officially Max's VF-1S heatshield is blue, just as Hikaru's VF-1S heatshield is officially red.

Graham

It's a pitty that the Hasegawa VF-1S Strike Battroid kit has no decals for a 1S Max (OK: it is logical since he was never seen flying a strike). The instructions clearly shows a black shield for Roy and a red one for Hikaru and Hase kits are officially sanctioned AFAIK.

Sorry, officially Max's VF-1S heatshield is blue, just as Hikaru's VF-1S heatshield is officially red.

Graham

It's a pitty that the Hasegawa VF-1S Strike Battroid kit has no decals for a 1S Max (OK: it is logical since he was never seen flying a strike). The instructions clearly shows a black shield for Roy and a red one for Hikaru and Hase kits are officially sanctioned AFAIK.

Dont, forget, the 1/48 Hikaru 1S has a red heatshield, too, so that's more evidence.

Graham

Dont, forget, the 1/48 Hikaru 1S has a red heatshield, too, so that's more evidence.

There is no such thing as a 1/48 Hikaru 1S. If you have seen one, it was a fan creation.

Yes there is an upcoming 1/48 Hikaru 1s.... or was it already out? It has black heatshield.

Hmmmm. Link me to a pic... The only Hikaru DYRL 1S toy I have ever seen was the one made by Bandai, and that had a BLACK heatshield.

Here it is:

Is that something Yamato is actually going to make?

Coming out next month. :)

Well as we all know that BW approves all designs before they are made, I guess Graham is mistaken about what is "official."

Then I shall revel in unofficial blasphemy! MWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Excuse me sir, but then I must ask...how tall are you, so that we're sure to have the right size stake... :p:):lol:

One could argue either for the black or red heat shield since the Hikaru

VF-1S appears with both in DYRL. Even the skulls on the FP boosters change colors.

IIRC, the VF-1S Max is clearly black in every scene. I don't think an "official" pic of the Max VF-1S with a blue heat shield exists.

How's about we just let it drop here? We're going in circles. Use the heatshield of your choice. Some think the 1S should have a black heatshield regardless of who's piloting it... others think it should be a representative color...

. <---------------------------- see that? That's about TEN MILLION pounds of compressed "I don't give a damn"..... use the version of your choice ad-nauseum.

Yes there is an upcoming 1/48 Hikaru 1s.... or was it already out? It has black heatshield.

Hmmmm. Link me to a pic... The only Hikaru DYRL 1S toy I have ever seen was the one made by Bandai, and that had a BLACK heatshield.

Don't forget the Bandai 1/72 HCM VF-1S Hikaru, that had a red heatshield!

And of course, even Bandai later made a correct red clip on heatshield for the 1/55 VF-1S Strike Valkyrie. See here.

Banpresto made an SD VF-1S Hikaru with red heatshield and removable Strike Armor a couple of years ago.

Graham