The Official Yamato VB-6 Monster Thread

It's not my favorite toy ever because it isn't all that playable... but it's up there cuz it displays gorgeously. It has also inspired me to get a whole lotta 1/100 scale kits and such of Destroids and Valks to go along ith it.

why is it that this toy gets no love?

it came out, people got them, then the excitment quickly weithered away. we still talk about VF's to no end but the konig doesn't seem to have the same mojo or get the same TLC.

has anyone done anything in the ways of mods? or new paint schemes?

Well, the Monster is my currently favourite toy (along with the 1/60 VF 1J with GBP armor). I don't want to count the minutes I keep staring at it every day :lol:

Yes I've said it, Hikaru's 1/60 VF 1J with GBP armor is one of my favourites.

When the 1/48 GBP comes out it will dress my two VF 1S, no love for 1/48 VF1J, never liked the head :( .

This is why I think if they space apart releases carefully, more people can afford to get the bigger, more expensive stuff.

I think the impulse to buy smaller toys sometimes gets in the way of saving up for the bigger ones. I just bought a whole bunch of alternators for eg which I could have spent on another koenig or put away for gbp. Then there is the BBC stuff to get, the garland, maybe a few MP alpha, etcetc which puts off and delays buying of other things.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

why is it that this toy gets no love? 

it came out, people got them, then the excitment quickly weithered away.  we still talk about VF's to no end but the konig doesn't seem to have the same mojo or get the same TLC.

I'd hardly call a 53 page thread plus numerous other shorter threads 'getting no love' :lol:

Yamato has released exactly one version of the VB-6 so there is only so much we can talk about, where as they released multiple 1/60, 1/72 & 1/48 VF toys, giving us much more to discuss.

Plus fighters are always more popular than Destroids/big chunky shuttle craft.

Graham

Thanks to Valkyrie-Exchange another fine addition to my collection, I really love this guy, I gotta reorganize my shelves, I thinking of getting read of my MPC's (they are just taking space)

post-4-1113745751_thumb.jpg

help!!!!!

the book with VB-6 Monster only tell me stick NO24 NO29

how to stick other? where find these information?

There is none. You have to do this yourself. Whatever you like.

• 4 weeks later...
I got a reissue VB-6, main differences is the 'mystery piece'/missile launchers now opens up. Pegs are still faced foward though, guess it's not really a mistake?

I was able to remove the peg plates from the belly assembly this morning and I am currently trying different configurations (reverse, upside down etc...). Once I find the best position for the pegs, I'll post the results.

So far, what I am noticing is that with the pegs assembled backwards, the legs/wings are much closer to the fuselage.

Anywho, I,ll post results soon.

• 7 months later...

Since I got yelled at for starting a new thread by a monitor the other day, I'm going to resurface this thread. I FINALLY got a VB-6 from Kevin and I must say it's an engineering MARVEL. If Yamato applied this kind of effort they could make some VERY nice toys from SDC Southern Cross as they would require similar double-hinges. I think it's beautiful and right now it's my favorite Yamato toy (even over the 1/48 series).

I just got mine out the other day and have a gripe with it:

When you try to put into battroid mode, you can't have it's cannon pointed forward without the robot hip going all loose on you and falling backwards due to the weight of the cannons.

Now I know the cannons pointing upwards is its proper way to have it transformed but I can't help but wish they found a solution to have this able to point the 4 cannons forward. (it just looks cool)

It is possible to kind of lean the battroid against something behind its back to stop it from falling back, but what would be great in future is if somehow they found a way to really tighten the hinge on its crotch and upper body so you can have it with cannon shooting forward.

Apart from this minor gripe I am very happy with my VB6. :)

In short: I want to be able to display the battroid in the same way as the attached image has it, but without it falling and collapsing forward or backwards. Try this yourself and see what happens..

post-2125-1136981036_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
I got a reissue VB-6, main differences is the 'mystery piece'/missile launchers now opens up. Pegs are still faced foward though, guess it's not really a mistake?

297597[/snapback]

How can you telll the difference if you are trying to get the second release?

I would like to pick one up, but only if it is from the second production run.

Noone's really sure if there was a second run persay, or just a change in the handling of the launchers mid-run... there's no way to tell and the launchers are really a crapshoot, but they're really easy to fix in most cases if you do end up with a nerfed one.

Noone's really sure if there was a second run persay, or just a change in the handling of the launchers mid-run... there's no way to tell and the launchers are really a crapshoot, but they're really easy to fix in most cases if you do end up with a nerfed one.

369542[/snapback]

Lovely.... :angry:

Thanks for the honest answer though. B))

It's not really that big of an issue man... I'd just get one, you'll love it if you like the design.  It's really an awesome and impressive toy.

369867[/snapback]

I've got a "gummed up" early release of the VB6, and I agree it is a remarkable toy.

I'm just hoping to get my hands on one that they didn't mess up the launcher doors on.

Edited by Gen. Zerex

• 1 year later...

Hi is it possible to buy a set of koenig monster 1\100 decals made by anasazi for the MacrossWorld kit

And there is some reference images to apply all the yam. stickers? On the instructions booklet there s nothing about it!!!

Edited by Gatsu

• 4 weeks later...

Just ordered the monster from toy-wave.com, never bought from them before but it was in their special offer section. Are toy-wave any good?, I suppose its too late to find out since i already put in a order.

Edited by kung flu

Just ordered the monster from toy-wave.com, never bought from them before but it was in their special offer section. Are toy-wave any good?, I suppose its too late to find out since i already put in a order.

Have no fear. They are one of the best. I've ordered more than $6000 USD worth of stuff from them. No problems.

The monster kicks ass but mine is a bit loose in the swivel in the elbow. Clicky joints would have been good.

I have left mine in gerwalk for months. That is the coolest mode for me. Still need to apply the stickers though.

It kind of looks skinny when you look at it from the front, head on. But if you put it at an angle it looks beefy. That probably is the effect of needing to fly around and being transformable though.

I hope the monster makes an appearance in the new macross tv series?

Variable Glaug and Variable Monster would be great to see as new toys: 2 chicken-legged mecha that are not Variable fighters.

Not that my wallet is quite ready for it yet, but I want to add the Variable glaug to the yamato wish list.

i think this is one of the more underrated yamato toys. i love mine.

Agreed. Mine has literally been the centerpiece of my Macross collection since pretty much the day I got it.

Now that I've finally got some Ikea display cases I'm moving all my Macross toys to those, so the Konig Monster will no longer be in the centre, but I plan to put it on one of the top shelves, along with a 1/100 Emerald Force VF-19 model kit and a 1/100 Toynami VF-1. (Also a couple Matchbox Destroid toys, which I'm certain are way out of scale, but hey.)