STAR WARS EP III PICS

Mechleader

SPOILER !

I wonder if all the toy marketing people for ep 3 were scratching their heads on how to market this for a young audience. It's like all those Aliens action figures that came out and flopped. The kids didn't like em cos the movie was too violent and they never saw it. The adults who liked the movie didn't like the toys cos they were for little kids and super-crappy.

My favourite Aliens toy is this micro machines playset from Alien. There's even a little diorama for the kitchen scene with a chestburster popping out of John Hurt's chest. Just realised I got way sidetracked! hehe.

Anyway my point is that it's funny to see dark/violent/scary movies with toy lines aimed at the kiddies.

And here.  That picture is really bad guys.

Funny... the fake, if it is fake, looks better and more convincing to me, so far as feeling "real", than the official CG shots.

-Al

You're kidding, right?

Anyway my point is that it's funny to see dark/violent/scary movies with toy lines aimed at the kiddies.

Yeah, but its SW, it will always be for kids.

Funny... the fake, if it is fake, looks better and more convincing to me, so far as feeling "real", than the official CG shots.

-Al

You're kidding, right?

*Shrug* I guess I'm a big sucker for gritty photorealism over glaringly CG. And I've never been a fan of ILM's renderer. Hard to tell what the body shot of the "fake" looks like, though... and I admit it looks a little light and flimsy, and lacks the heft of the CG shot.

-Al

Edited by Sundown

-Al

You're kidding, right?

*Shrug* I guess I'm a big sucker for gritty photorealism over glaringly CG. And I've never been a fan of ILM's renderer. Hard to tell what the body shot of the "fake" looks like, though... and I admit it looks a little light and flimsy, and lacks the heft of the CG shot.

-Al

Ok. Well this is 2005 and photorealism doesn't always mean gritty. :)