Aeon Flux

Charlize was really fat in that last movie, hopefully she can get down to like 1% bodyfat to play Aeon :)

A lot of people can't stand Peter Chung's style, but I love it because it is so unique. Hope this turns out well, but it reminds me of what happened with Tomb Raider for some reason. Not that Tomb Raider was any great work, but the movie seemed a little overly cheesy. I hope they go the serious mindf*ck route that Aeon Flux is known for, and she better die multiple times :p And please, no nu-metal soundtrack!

Wait, so this is live action? Well, then I don't expect anything more than crap. Perhaps I'll be pleasantly surprised, but the odds are against it.

As for Chung's style? I like the original Aeon Flux shorts, but I hated Reign. Didn't Chung do the character designs for Lucasart's 'Full Throttle'? If so it was a radical departure from what he's known for, and I really like those designs.

If nothing else, his usual work is something far different from most of what gets out into the maintream.

sorry i did not like the designs for this series at all, nor Reign the conquer, i will have to pass on this movie ,though if they can get Charlize Theron into one of the skimpy costumes that look like the original TV series i may reconsider :p but something tells me that the one thing that i would not mind seeing is the one thing they will change is her costume :(

Loved the original Aeon Flux shorts, loved the longer Aeon Flux episodes, thoroughly enjoyed Reign. The only thing that disappointed me was Aeon Flux: The Herodotus File, a graphic novel which I think P. Chung wasn't directly involved in.

I don't think I've seen any of Charlize Theron's movies but having seen her interviewed, as well as clips from Monster, I at least respect her (certainly more than Jolie).

Compared with Tomb Raider--better source material + better actress = a slightly lower probability that it will be awful. Let's see what else it has going for it...

Trevor will be played by Marton Csokas, who was Celeborn in LotR. I don't remember him in the role.

The writing team was also responsible for The Tuxedo and some other movies. Didn't see any of them. The director's only previous directing credit at IMdB is Girlfight (writer/director), which was quite well received critically.

Overall, I'm not getting my hopes up, but I'll keep an eye out for this one.

Loved Aeon Flux. The quirky style and characters made it fun to watch. I liked trying to figure everything out and not actually knowing what was going on.

Love Charlize Theron. Hottttttttttttttt! :D But I don't see her as Aeon Flux. She's not that skinny, totally different complexion than what I would envision and not really action/adventure athletic. :(

I'll definitely check it out, but I don't think it will translate very well without some big changes from the animation.

the character design was horrendous though.... similar to that crap of reign the conqueror, however a live action movie would be nice

Bolded for truth! :lol:

Charlize looks way better than anything in that show... so maybe I'll check it out. Watching her run around in tight clothes/nude is something I've never had a problem with.

I've only seen the shorts but wasn't the whole point that she screwed up and died in some bizarre way at the end of every episode? How's that going to translate to a 2 hour movie? <_<

The full-length episodes were somewhat different. They fleshed out the setting and each episode was sort of like a cross between the X-files, The Naked Lunch, and a Johnny Depp movie. A vague continuity was suggested, but it was impossible (for me) to figure out which episode preceded and which followed.

Cronenberg would have been a great choice to direct; hopefully this director won't screw it up. One of the worst things they could do in the movie would be to actually try to explain everything.

• 1 year later...

Nope...seriously, when it comes to most cartoons and comic stuff...I'm lost. I still don't know who the hell Sandman is in the next Spiderman film...he....can control sand or something??? :blink:

Edited by Gaijin

Nope...seriously, when it comes to most cartoons and comic stuff...I'm lost.  I still don't know who the hell Sandman is in the next Spiderman film...he....can control sand or something???  :blink:

347014[/snapback]

I actually don't know that either... I always thought he was the guy you fought before Tyson on 'Mike Tyson's Punch Out'

• 3 months later...

ok so i just saw aeon flux and i cant even begin to say how badly it sucked, it was a complete disaster, the plot was stupid and oversimplified, yes it did have a happily ever after ending, and none of the casting was right, if youre going for appearance alone than i would probly cast madonna as aeon, lol, but not only did none of the characters resemble the cartoon even slightly in appearance or age, but nobody acted how they should either, charlize was pulling off some slow, fat, amateur gymnastics which i hope did not impress anyone, and they tried to like pull stuff from random episodes of the show while simultaneously pulling stuff out of their asses omg i cant even go on it was so bad if you havent already seen it, dont

Is it like XXX 2 bad? That crap was just on Starz and there was a moment when I thought "No, it is not truly this bad." I sat through The Postman, i thought i could sit through anything, but after Ice Cube launched a motor boat onto a bridge to land perfectly on a cop car that then exploded only to step out of the boat non-chalantly and get into a mega powerful truck and speed off after a smart remark. Yeah, I had to change the channel as quickly as possible.