New PStwo

bandit29

ooo toploading, shibby

You know that's the only thing appealing to me about it to justify getting it and I've been looking at it all day. It makes the swap trick loading boots for imports that easier. I ahd to modify my PS2 to be a top loader. This simplifies everything as a portable player.

i used to use the swap mod with the older one i had now i have a mod chip installed. some games even with the swap trick do not work i had about 4 games that i purchased that did not work even with the swap trick

I'm still amazed that some people still have functioning launch models. Mine went kaput after about a year.

Mine's still going..enough. An SCPH-30001 with a flip top installed. I get a DRE every once in awhile. I'll pick one of these up when I get a chance. Im glad its top loading. My tray is worn out.

I guess with no HDD this is their way of combating HDLoader. Also Sony really never did anything with the HDD anyway. <_<

and of course I just a bought a new Japanese PS2 a few months ago lol sigh

Edited by dejr8bud

Smaller, thinner, lighter, easier to use!

Ahhh...Now I can relate to my girlfriend's excitement for the development of those micro-tampon things....

okay...just saw a link from the second link already posted...saw that the slim ps2 does have a top tray like the ps1's!!!

here the other link...

http://www.engadget.com/entry/3744286874239486/

Damnit Brian why did you have to go and say that, you I want to play imports and I have no f!@#ing money?! :angry::p

sorry but i had to Julian :lol::lol::p

Time to turn in the two old US ones I have at Gamestop and get the sleeker unit. . . :D:D

But I will never hand over my Japanese launch PS2 NEVER!!!!!

She's still in mint condition and running like a champ!!! ;)

Edited by DARKWIND

i used to use the swap mod with the older one i had now i have a mod chip installed. some games even with the swap trick do not work i had about 4 games that i purchased that did not work even with the swap trick

True but even the chip has it's downside. It will eventually eat your PS2 to it's death.

True but even the chip has it's downside.  It will eventually eat your PS2 to it's death.

Not only that, I've heard that having a chip in can screw with your ability to go online.

yes it does, I learned the hard way after I purchased an Adaptor and Residen Evil Outbreak, saddly I could only return the adapter for full refund, but since my brother had opened REoutbreak, I had to sell it back for half the price, since that game is no fun single player.

thankfully i do not play online games, how does the Mod chip eat your PS2? i have had mine for a while and never had any probs with it, it was also professionally installed and not one of those do it yourself bits :p

Smaller, thinner, lighter, easier to use!

Ahhh...Now I can relate to my girlfriend's excitement for the development of those micro-tampon things....

<_< That is a nasty comparison...

Now that the new model comes out, how long would it take for the mod chips for it to appear? I have been waiting to get a PS2 and now it is the time! :)

thankfully i do not play online games, how does the Mod chip eat your PS2? i have had mine for a while and never had any probs with it, it was also professionally installed and not one of those do it yourself bits :p

Give it time and you'll see.

Just when everyone gets the new one, they will come out with the PS3.

I know! Don't you just hate when they do that?!

that's ok... if its any good I'll wait for the PSThree

I hear ya guys,

but I have to free up the shelf space. . . B))

And after the Tokyo Game show this weekend I want to be prepared :D:D

I'm still amazed that some people still have functioning launch models. Mine went kaput after about a year.

I don't know what some people do with their ps2... I have mine since launch in vertical position and I NEVER had a single problem with it. Too bad the new one has no hd support... my HDLoader is indeed loaded B))

I agree, only time I had a console break was when my cousin was trying to get a dirty game on SNES to play and kept turning the thing on and off until it no longer turned on.

For petes sake, my atari 2600 still works, you just have to be gentle. :D

But 2600s are built like a tank and have no moving parts.

You simply CAN'T hold them to the same standard. Tehre's no cooling fans, no heat sinks, no laser tracks, no cd spindles...

If the price is right and it can be easily modded to play imports, I'm there!

p.s.- How can anyone say the PS2 case is ugly, have you ever looked at an Xbox? Neon green went out in the 80's, honey!

Well, that's true. And I DO kinda like the PS2 design.

But I've also looked at a 5200. Sexiest piece of hardware ever made.