Who saw Resident Evil: Apocalypse? (+ ZOMBIE News)

UN Spacy

http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_picture...vil_apocalypse/

Alice + Jill + Carlos = LOTS of dead zombies. :lol:

I'm seeing it today at 1:15 (with a huge box of Junior Mints). :DB))

On an interesting side note Shaun Of The Dead is shaping up to be a great zombie flick. :ph34r:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/...nofthedead.html

PS. Tons of brains for

The 1978 Dawn of the Dead / Ultimate Edition (4-disc) DVD came out earlier this week.

The 2004 Dawn of the Dead / Directors Cut hits DVD shelves October 19th.

Shaun of the Dead is indeed very, very good. However, I do wonder how well its going to cross over with American audiences. Part of its appeal is that its set in a very British suburban environment. In a US zombie movie, the hero grabs a chain-saw. In Shaun, the hero grabs a cricket bat. Theres one line uttered by the lead supporting character that refers to a particular brand of ice cream; in the UK this cracks people up but I suspect its going to be a bit puzzling for a US audience [1].

Still, the DVD version (R-2 - not sure if theres a US release yet?) is extremely good value; it features no less than four cast/directors commentaries (including a "Zombies" one!) and a great many bonus features.

"Shaun of the Dead" is the creation of comedian/actor Simon Pegg and director Edgar Wright, who were largely responsible for the excellent anti-sitcom Spaced, which will also shortly be available in a three-disc collectors set.

[1] And despite being only one word long, its an incredibly multi-layered joke as well, which will take some explaining...!

Edited by F-ZeroOne

I dunno, I think asking who saw Resident Evil: Apocalypse is a little like asking who peed their pants and sat it in for 4 hours just because it felt good. Who would want to admit something like that?

I would. I saw the movie last night and enjoyed it immensely. It was a helluva lot better than the first one, if you ask me, and for sheer mindless fun, it was great. The Nemesis was friggin' cool (even if it was kind of hokey at the end), and Milla has some of the biggest bullet nips I have ever seen. She is hot, as is the chick who played Jill Valentine.

I can tell you it sure beat the crap out of Uwe Boll's House of the Dead shee-it fest. For a change I think they have finally got a videogame movie right.

Alright I'm back from my 1:15 showing of Apocalypse.

For my money I'll take the Dawn of the Dead's brooding zombies over Apocalypse's lively zombies anyday.

The director did a decent job of giving us some video game-ish scenes (with the Nemesis smashing through walls). Some of Alice's superpowers were just a BIT over the wall. But I gotta give top billing to Jill Valentine...... B)):D .

I wonder where they're gonna take the 3rd movie.

I skipped the first film as it appeared to have little to do with the games. Is this closer to the videogames storywise, and is it worth seeing if you skipped the first one? I've seen Shaun of the Dead as well, and found it rather amusing.

It's very difficult to make a movie out of a videogame.. since you are not controlling "the player". It makes me feel like I'm watching the movie director playing the game. But I'm curious to get it and watch the movie. Hope it's not so ordinair like the trailer.

--

Dawn of the dead 1978 was kinda cool.. you can see people eating flesh and heroes shooting down zombie childen (suprised it went through the check):)

Edited by Kin

I liked Apocalypse. Fun ride. Predicatable, but well executed. Easily better than the first one thankfully.

saw it, much better than the first one.... much.

fight scenes were a bit choppy but acceptable.

jill valentine, the actress is cute... but man, she cannot act worth a dime.

and her gun work sucks.... half the time I was afraid she was going to hurt herself... and she does the ubiquitous double cock... she's firing her gun and then in the next scene, she chambers a bullet... why do they always do this?

overall, it's a fun flick, thought it was better than some of the other popcorn flicks that came out this summer... namely avp

All the hyped up "scary" movies aren't usually too scary, they just jump stuff out at you to make you jump.

Now a REAL scary movie was one me and my dad ended up watching one night called "Below."

That was such an awesome movie, we were generally creeped out and paranoid through the whole thing.

Great movie.

The movie wasnt bad. I liked it. The end sets it up for RE3. Yes there were some unbelievable moments, but it wasnt bad. You learn a lot. I just trying to believe a corporation is that powerful enough to do what it did in the movie.

I like the Jill character, though. She is hot. As I said before, she can handcuff me anytime. :D

Edit: I cannot spell and put spaces in worth a damn crap.

Edited by Godzilla

I just saw shaun of the dead. I dunno....i think i just can't appreciate British humour.... <_<

You were expecting maybe someone chasing round scantily-clad women on speeded up film? ;)

No problem, though - like I say, I did worry about how well some of the humour would carry across, and not everyone has the same tastes after all. A major part of the films appeal in the UK is that its a zombie apocalypse happening in our back gardens. A lot of the incidental, background humour is based around that.

I saw it last night, I give it a "C" grade.

my gripes about it....

1. Most notibly missing was the soundtrack by Marilyn Manson and Marco Beltrami, with some additional music by Kevin Manthei (who did music for Invader Zim). Because of music by these people, it set the frightfull tone for the entire 1st movie. As far as I noticed, there was no BGM to speak of. Major flaw.

2. The action fight sequences were diminished greatly by the camera zipping back and forth trying to give an already action scene, more action, which results in complete blurring of the shot, can see any of the actors do the stunts they trained so hard to do.

3. Alice driving a motorcycle through a stained glass window to the rescue on a motorcylce??? Can we get any other cheesy cliche'?!?!?!

Other than those points, the movie was alright. It started to move toward the tone of the video game, which is a good thing in and of itself, but not a lot of gore...

....we want the GORE!!!!! :angry::D:angry::D

I liked the movie, the story line was a lot better than the first movie, which was cool too, but I'd have to say the second was not as stagnant (sp?). I liked the creepy tone set in the church with the mutant "spiderman" wannabes and fight scenes at the end. The character development went up a notch and I am sure RE #3 will be even better. ;):D