SDF Macross "MAMORU NAGANO" type

ogami

this is a travesty... completely contrary to the mecha design of macross

That is the point. That entire BBS is devoted to making unique variants of popular mechanical designs, often drawing one machine in the style of another artist. In this case, Mamaru Nagano's style has been used to recreate seveal Macross designs and the mere fact that a fan could dream up and draw something like that is amazing. Nagano himself would be proud =D

oh btw...is nagano the dude that made thos Aura Battler Dunbine stuff? Cuz these designs look insectoid.

He also did Five Star Stories IIRC.

Go look on MAHQ.

Nagano specifically worked on Heavy Metal L-Gaim and it's counterpart Five Star Stories. He also worked on Brain Powered's mecha designs.

You can tell Nagano's work anywhere- usually it's too good to be animated and it's highly ornate. The website seems to have guests trying to emulate Nagano's stile on everything from Macross to Tetsujin 28. There's also an Orguss in there, much to my amazement, and I don't know if I should be honored or insulted.

How about some pics of those VF's in fighter mode??? :D

And, let's put that SDF-1 in cruser mode. . .

If they look like crap, then I'm beating feet like Graham ;):D:lol:

this is a travesty... completely contrary to the mecha design of macross

That is the point. That entire BBS is devoted to making unique variants of popular mechanical designs, often drawing one machine in the style of another artist. In this case, Mamaru Nagano's style has been used to recreate seveal Macross designs and the mere fact that a fan could dream up and draw something like that is amazing. Nagano himself would be proud =D

no no, I get that it's hybrid of two different styles.

I was just speaking as a macross fanboy, that seeing my beloved VF-1, which I love for it's attention to functionality, married to the school of ornamental and big flying appendages are cool school of anime. :p

and yeah, props to the guys who did the work.

I just realized that the 'Nagano' SDF-1 cannot transform the way the Kawamori one can :blink: Neither can the VFs.

The legs and shoulders on the macross are connected right? Unless there's a very thin connection bar in there that seperates them from the main body it can't swing. Unless there's another transformation sequence...

Even so, the robot mode is good.