WONDERFEST 2004 thread!

Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

1.  It is a classic anime from around the same time as Macross

2.  The character design is by Mikimoto

3.  It was mutilated into Robotech: The Movie

What he said...

I guess you sorta have to be into the old school stuff a little bit to appreciate Megazone, but hey, considering that we're all Macross fans, that part should go without saying.

Funny, I'm into old school(being 30 and such) and I thought Megazone 23 was awful. The Garland from Yamato looks nice though.

Part 3 sucks all by itself. :lol:

I've only seen one of the Megazone 23 series. A guy called Eiji Tanaka was in it. Was that the one? I'm planning to get the boxset of all three now that they will be released on DVD.

Considering the difficulties in making an accurate YF-19, and looking at the VASTLY improved VF-0, I am going to go on a limb and say go ahead and make the damn thing parts swap for the hip section and rear leg parts. It looks like that might make everyone's like easier, and solve the complex dilemma. Graham was on the nail with what he said back then. It's hard to make a fully perfect transformation variable with those issues. As long as it stays 1/72 that would be awesome. Although I could live with a 1/100 even, and my wallet would thank me since I want at least two YF-19's. I wouldn't have said this with the fugly VF-0 version, but the revised one displays some good effort this time.

You've basically summed it all up for me there. Btw, Mechamaniac, rnurmin, was Garland that famous? Is the toy really that coveted?

Considering the difficulties in making an accurate YF-19, and looking at the VASTLY improved VF-0, I am going to go on a limb and say go ahead and make the damn thing parts swap for the hip section and rear leg parts.  It looks like that might make everyone's like easier, and solve the complex dilemma.  Graham was on the nail with what he said back then.  It's hard to make a fully perfect transformation variable with those issues.  As long as it stays 1/72 that would be awesome.  Although I could live with a 1/100 even, and my wallet would thank me since I want at least two YF-19's.  I wouldn't have said this with the fugly VF-0 version, but the revised one displays some good effort this time.

You've basically summed it all up for me there. Btw, Mechamaniac, rnurmin, was Garland that famous? Is the toy really that coveted?

2 words... F yeah!!!

That and the Motoslave, added to the Mospeada make up the holy trinity of the variable 2 wheeled riding suits.

Considering the difficulties in making an accurate YF-19, and looking at the VASTLY improved VF-0, I am going to go on a limb and say go ahead and make the damn thing parts swap for the hip section and rear leg parts.  It looks like that might make everyone's like easier, and solve the complex dilemma.  Graham was on the nail with what he said back then.  It's hard to make a fully perfect transformation variable with those issues.  As long as it stays 1/72 that would be awesome.  Although I could live with a 1/100 even, and my wallet would thank me since I want at least two YF-19's.  I wouldn't have said this with the fugly VF-0 version, but the revised one displays some good effort this time.

2 words... F yeah!!!

That and the Motoslave, added to the Mospeada make up the holy trinity of the variable 2 wheeled riding suits.

Oh I see. So in the future, the collector's value for these will be pretty high?

Why do I have the feeling the YF-19 FP will be like Yamato's Escaflowne?..awful.

I've heard negative comments about the Yamato Esca before, but I've yet to hear specifics.

What's wrong with it? The proportions, or lack of die-cast, or is it fragile..?

I know very little about this toy and I was considering buying it... Please give me some info.

3.  It was mutilated into Robotech: The Movie

Reall??? Now that I did not know :ph34r:

Part 1 was hacked, and turned into RT - The Movie.

Part 2 remains unscathed.

Part 3 sucks all by itself. :lol:

I've only seen Part III, unfortunately. :(

Oh I see. So in the future, the collector's value for these will be pretty high?

I don't see Yamato making a kot of these enough to flood the market. But I wouldn't know how long nostalgia can last. It also depends on the toy itself. You can base your guess on the collector's market on the way similar toys are selling. The Yamato VF's, not just the VF-1s, and Toynami's MPC line. So far it's resell value is pretty good, but who knows for how long. Remember the prices on the Tatsanukos bottomed out by a lot when the reissues came out. But there's another toy that you can base your guess on also... which leads to..

I've heard negative comments about the Yamato Esca before, but I've yet to hear specifics.

What's wrong with it? The proportions, or lack of die-cast, or is it fragile..?

I know very little about this toy and I was considering buying it... Please give me some info.

An ugly toy that falls apart. What's the resell on these...

Anyway, who cares... I'm not selling my Garlands!!!

i heard the Escaflowne was too difficult to transform...and the cape was made of plastic, not cloth...and the headsculpt was pretty bad too

The Escaflowne's cloak was made of rubber (soft PVC). Unfortunately, it was very heavy and because of the weight has a tendency to pull the arms out of their sockets.

Transformation is pretty complex, but not that difficult to master and once you've got the hang of it, it becomes second nature, like most transforming toys really.

I actually wrote the English language instructions for Yamato, although I wasn't happy with them as I had to follow Yamatos photos and order of photos, which I didn't agree with. I would have much rather changed the order of the photos and added a few additional steps.

Anyway, IMO it's not as bad a toy as many people claim and I think it looks good in both dragon mode and Guymelef mode. It's definitely more of a display peice though as articulation is fairly limited.

Gotta say the box design was awful to. yamato's worst looking box ever.

Graham

i heard the Escaflowne was too difficult to transform...and the cape was made of plastic, not cloth...and the headsculpt was pretty bad too

The Escaflowne's cloak was made of rubber (soft PVC). Unfortunately, it was very heavy and because of the weight has a tendency to pull the arms out of their sockets.

Transformation is pretty complex, but not that difficult to master and once you've got the hang of it, it becomes second nature, like most transforming toys really.

I actually wrote the English language instructions for Yamato, although I wasn't happy with them as I had to follow Yamatos photos and order of photos, which I didn't agree with. I would have much rather changed the order of the photos and added a few additional steps.

Anyway, IMO it's not as bad a toy as many people claim and I think it looks good in both dragon mode and Guymelef mode. It's definitely more of a display peice though as articulation is fairly limited.

Gotta say the box design was awful to. yamato's worst looking box ever.

Graham

that aint fair graham! You offer to do the instructions in english(which i will add is teh ONLY toy i have hjeard from yamato that had english instructions) and yet they keep you in the dark :angry:

THe more they keep quiret the more I want to keep polling.

BTW spacy, pare that is an AWESOM PIc LOL

Okay these technically aren't Macross, but then again you've been talking about the garland and escaflowne (alright still transformable). Anyone get pictures of the Rurouni Kenshin Series 3 figures in color? I saw a small pic on Yamato's website already, but I want to see close-up pics. :)

Besides waiting for the 19FP, I wanna see the MONSTER! :D

Sorry I missed you at wonderfest. Any chance of visiting me and Rob in Osaka before you go? I tried PMing you about meeting at wonderfest but no response.

I am sorry I missed you too

and no, I did not get a PM from you

next time then

:)

and forgive me, but I am not sure who are you?

Rob I know, and you are?

sorry I got to this late, no vacancy for an internet terminal where I am at.

Noel :)

Will try PMing again.

And to tide you guys over till Noel gets back home, here are the pics I took at the Yamato booth. I didnt think you guys would mind waiting a while, but my PM inbox disagrees;)

post-4-1093956082_thumb.jpg

The VF-0S have still the incorrect head lasers from Hobby expo from what I see... they looks really ugly in Fighter mode so hopefully they will be fixed in the production version.

Except the lasers it looks great in fighter mode with Roy's color :)

Edited by Ido

hey, thanx for the pix! I wondering though, what's the cowboy bebop display about next to the max q-rau?

that would be the Faye and the Julia statuettes that you can see at Yamato's website.

They'rte also doing some story image figures along with Trigun and others.

Garland is too cool, I can't wait to see more. But for all you more nostalgia driven Megazone fans, Max Factory has announced that it will be making a Garland Gokin (poseable diecast, lilkey non transforming) figure 2nd/3rd quarter of 2005.

Their Genesic GaoGaiGar was an increadably beautifully made piece but it was costy so if you really like megazone this might be worth looking forward too. ;)

Fort Max

I hope the garland is bad qc FREE!!! I duno when I heard VARIABLE I was likw WHOA, then i was like"aw crap................"

THis seems pretty cool and now I wnat to check out megazone 23. Doent one of the garlands have swords? It also helps that it comes with a figure. DOes the person go inside or just ride?

and the gokin seems like a good idea but how much woul it cost? Max factory makes some insanely priced items like their limited GGG 500$ genesic toy.

I hope the garland is bad qc FREE!!! I duno when I heard VARIABLE I was likw WHOA, then i was like"aw crap................"

THis seems pretty cool and now I wnat to check out megazone 23. Doent one of the garlands have swords? It also helps that it comes with a figure. DOes the person go inside or just ride?

No swords on the Garlands.

I hope the garland is bad qc FREE!!!  I duno when I heard VARIABLE I was likw WHOA, then i was like"aw crap................"

THis seems pretty cool and now I wnat to check out megazone 23.  Doent one of the garlands have swords?  It also helps that it comes with a figure.  DOes the person go inside or just ride?

No swords on the Garlands.

Don't wanna sound like an idiot here, but they're suppose have swords?

hey, thanx for the pix! I wondering though, what's the cowboy bebop display about next to the max q-rau?

that would be the Faye and the Julia statuettes that you can see at Yamato's website.

aww, that's it? I was hoping to see a nice big swordfish toy with diecast metal parts and a spike figure to put inside. And maybe the other ships as well. Oh well. Maybe later... :p:D:lol:

and the gokin seems like a good idea but how much woul it cost? Max factory makes some insanely priced items like their limited GGG 500$ genesic toy.

I don't want to completely derail this lovely Macross world thread but, :p

Max Faxctorys Genesic isn't the 14" tall $600 plastic transforming one, that's the work of relatively new boys (especially to the high end field) CM'S corporation.

Max Factorys Genesic is 8" tall, non transforming, packe dwith joints and articulation and is over 75% (I belive) diecast. It costs around $130.

Hope that clears things up. :)

Fort Max

:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

:o:o:o:o

i am in total awe of that garland....... even a figure, and its hugeeeeee

robotech the movie was not butchered...... The dubbing etc was good.

Yamato has shot right to the top of my books, if this wot they have been working on i can wait for the yf-19 FP.

VB-6 and modat 5....... both dreams come true...

i actually remember about 2-3 yrs ago riding home on my bike going thro this twisty winding downhill peice of road preying that yamato will make a garland... i honestly never thought it would happen tho.

I bet with the 1/48 armour you'll have to keep the nosecone off.

YAMATO CAN HAVE MY BABY ANYTIME =THXNS

and those of you that havent seen megazone 23, its >>>>>>> macross

*runs around in bliss abit*

Nope. Just guns. It's a lot like Macross and Akira, not like Gundam.

The garland certainly carries a gun, but I remember a "lightsaber" fight near the end of the second chapter between the strike Garland and the Hargun (I think), pretty much a la Gundam UGH! Good thing the Garland carries a gun.

As for the pilot, it is supposed to go inside the bike when in "Modat" mode, If Yamato could pull this off it'll be a kick ass toy, but if you look at the line art there's a lot of anime magic on that, 'cuz there's no way a person with two legs could fit in there.

post-4-1093995865.jpg