WONDERFEST 2004 thread!

Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

ugh. that's so obviously ugly... what are they thinking?

the vf-0 looks like someone stuck bri's head on from appleseed.

service report

cc:yamato higher-up

to:design management

HEY boys!! load up on the sake and lets hit the night scene!!! MAcross fans bought detachable crap before ANYWAYS so lets make the PVC SWAP transformable VF-0!!

subject:RE service report

to:yamato higher up

Uh boss, looks like they are complaining! Hell someone from macrossworld even TRANSLATED our own target market's comments in japanese! MAdcross fans all over now and one of our market even says the toy :"is teh suk"!!!

Subject:re AGAIN

to: design management

Hold the sake boys!! we gotta revise this sucka! nio no no wait, while we're at it lets take artistic license and make the head lasers...ANGLED! God forbid the VF-0A's head laser is angeled but make the VF-0S more COOLllooking!! oh man so dynamic!! oh well too late now that sake's dripping....screw iut!!!!! SAKE DESU!! HEDU SHIKURUPUTU WA SAKU DESU NE!!!!!!!!!!

LOL !!!

Shin, you crack me up man

Regarding the Garland...

There was a toy of it released in the 80's. I'm pretty sure that it transformed (though not perfect). I remember it because when I bought my Cyclone back in the day the old man behind the counter pulled it out for me to look at as well (Anybody remember 21st Century Toys in the SF Bay area?). Tell'n me the "Cyclone garbage and would break, to get the Megazone23 toy instead" As I recall, it came with the rider as well. In my ignorant Robotech haze I went for the Cyclone...and he was right it was garbage and it did break. Should have gotten the Garland and I've regretted it ever since

...I'm giddy with excitement over finally getting a Garland that's not some "pose and never touch again or it will break" garage kit

Shame about no VF-0D.

Noel,

A few questions: -

• Does the Yamato 1/100 VF-0S have a pilot figure in the cockpit? I can't quite make it out from your photos.
  • Any news of the release date of the VF-0S?
  • Did CM's have a booth and were there any Macross series # 3 figures on display, or any news of a series # 3?
  • Did Hasegawa have a booth and was there an Ivanov color (black) SV-51 or a VF-0D on display yet, or any news of them?
  • Any news of any new Hasegawa Battroid or even Gerwalk kits?

Graham

thanks for great pics all~

where to get the 1/144 transformable VFs?

are they just "perfect transform", but not that "playable" as a toy like banpresto?

They are limited one day licence items so Yahoo Japan is the best bet at this point. They are much more durable than you would expect, see my pic earlier in this thread for a mini review.

Say Noel,

By any chance you saw any Big O series? I saw some pic posted on other site,.. and those figures look pretty nice, and I wonder if you know those figures are resin display item or new action figure? THX

L,

Do you mean these? http://www.maxfactory.jp/big_o.htm

Five have been announced: Big O, Big Duo, Big Fau, Archetype and Dorothy 1.

There are a couple of other pics on the main page.

both max factory and yamato are making garland toys, which is why there were garland prototypes at two tables:

http://www.zincpanic.com/view_article.phtml?id=18609

Kind of weird, maybe they're working together on this.

Max Factory is new to the toy scene, it made the excellent diecast genesic gaogaigar toy recently, as well as some decent MaK powered armor toys.

Say Noel,

By any chance you saw any Big O series?  I saw some pic posted on other site,.. and those figures look pretty nice, and I wonder if you know those figures are resin display item or new action figure? THX

L,

Do you mean these? http://www.maxfactory.jp/big_o.htm

Five have been announced: Big O, Big Duo, Big Fau, Archetype and Dorothy 1.

There are a couple of other pics on the main page.

Yeah, those are the one,.. it's pretty need that they are moble skeleton,.. say by what I can see they are resin kit an't they??

THX for the link

L,

both max factory and yamato are making garland toys, which is why there were garland prototypes at two tables:

Max Factory is new to the toy scene, it made the excellent diecast genesic gaogaigar toy recently, as well as some decent MaK powered armor toys.

Max factory is working on a non transformable one thought, right? The one on both displays are the same exact one. I think Bariaburu faita was right about the other stand was the sculptors stand and the other was Yamato. I think we haven't seen Max Factory's yet.

Max factory is working on a non transformable one thought, right? The one on both displays are the same exact one. I think Bariaburu faita was right about the other stand was the sculptors stand and the other was Yamato. I think we haven't seen Max Factory's yet.

yeah, that's right. :)

The grey one was on Yamatos stand, they are manufacturing.

The pink one was on Atlier Sai's stand, they are designing.sculpting.

Max Factorys hans't been seen yet and will most likely be a non transforming robot mode diecast action figure.

Graham, CM's Corp have a website now, I'm not keeping up with the pvcs cos I only really collect transforming robot toys but here it is anyway,

http://www.cmscorp.jp/top.htm

CM's btw are very busy with the two DX GaoGaiGar toys they are working on at the moment.

I should warn people not to get their hopes up over the Genesic GGG they are showing off, it costs $600 and is limited to 600 pieces.

Fort Max

Edited by Fort Max

Well, we don't know for sure if the Max will be transforming or not, all I've seen is pure speculation based on the fact that they haven't made transforming toys in the past.

I'm still wondering if Yamato and Max are working together on this, but time will tell.

• 3 weeks later...
Plus they have a trend of spending more time on development on future products. I would much rather have 1 good macross toy a year than 6 poor ones. Does anyone wish that they spent more time on the GPB and released it late, but with less flaws?

That I agree with.

Plus they have a trend of spending more time on development on future products. I would much rather have 1 good macross toy a year than 6 poor ones. Does anyone wish that they spent more time on the GPB and released it late, but with less flaws?

That I agree with.

Unfortunately they did have plenty of time to get the GBP perfect, and even delayed it a few months, but still failed to improve it any more. It's not bad, but could have been much better at the same time.

That I agree with.

Unfortunately they did have plenty of time to get the GBP perfect, and even delayed it a few months, but still failed to improve it any more. It's not bad, but could have been much better at the same time.

They were smoking crack when they made that GBP.

That I agree with.

They were smoking crack when they made that GBP.

I know, seriously, they have to know by now how to make armor that doesn't fall off every 5 minutes without using the nail polish method, right? Also to make it so the legs are secure to the armor? Ridiculous. As a static piece it at least looks good. The mickey mouse hands were inexcusable though.

I'm waiting to see what method they use for the 1/48 armor. Hopefully they tell you to take the nosecone off and thereby size the crotch armor properly, otherwise it might look funny enough to have some jokes about it.

• 2 weeks later...