WONDERFEST 2004 thread!

Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

I would love to get my hands on the Hasegawa upgrade parts. ;)

The gray YF-21 with the brown falcon/eagle on it is awesome. I wonder if it's hand painted or a really large decal.

Great news regarding the 1/48 GBP.

Noel or anyone...

Has anyone seen the Appleseed mobile suits (I don't know what their called) just saw a pic and was wondering if you or anyone has seen a sighting perhaps a beeter pic than the one shown below.

They're called landmates or Guges...

Landmates! I still prefer the original Guges, but I'll snap these up in a heartbeat. Now if they would just get off their collective asses and move forward with the North American release of the Appleseed movie, then Yamato USA can get these critters onto the shelves.

So, the YF-19FP is very difficult to produce?  I hope that it is worth all the wait and all the anticipation.

Yep, the YF-19, is very difficult to get right if you want a really nice looking one. I wrote a fairly long post a couple of month ago detailing all the problems that have to be resolved to make a YF-19 that looks good in all three modes. Can't be bothered to hunt down the post tho.

I manage to print a copy of your statement. Want me to post it?

there is 2 version of the 1/100 VF-0 toy planned

the VF-0S & VF-0A

the 1/60 Monster will also be finally released next year

however, the YF-19 with fast packs will still be delayed due to the difficulty of this toy. (looks like something superb will be produced, if it ever gets done)

Noel

Ahhh, finally!!! News on the YF-19!!! At least this keeps my hopes up.

There will be no VF-0D because that would require Yamato to resculpt large sections of the toy, instead of just swapping heads and charging for a new toy.

They must be getting an insane profit margin on the different styles of VFs :)

you mean like Toynami? :lol:

Anyways, Graham wrote a fairly long post a couple of month ago or so detailing all the problems that have to be resolved to make a YF-19 that looks good in all three modes. I'll just post it to save Graham some grief in searching for it, so here it is. Phew! That was one long post to type........ :D

I'm still hoping that one day we will see a resculpted, more accurate looking YF-19 from Yamato, hopefully in a larger scale (at least 1/60).

I suspect the problems and thus the long delays are caused by two areas of the 19s design which have always been troublesome, namely the shoulder/lower-leg interface in fighter mode and the front landing gear/folding groin section.

In fighter mode, the original Yamato YF-19 had shoulders that sat far too high, giving the fighter a too bulky look, whereas in fact the shoulders should sit very low (actually down into the back of the lower leg) to give the 19 it's sleek streamlined anime look. If we look at other transforming YF/VF-19 toys and models, we see that getting the shoulders to sit down low in the back of the lower leg can be accomplished in the following ways:

-

1) Have most of the rear of the lower-leg cut-away ala Bandai's 1/65 scale VF-19 toys. This is the most simple approach but means the battroid's lower leg looks ugly when viewed from the rear as most of it is missing.

2) Have an intricate 'origami style' folding rear lower leg section ala Studio Half Eye's YF-19 garage kit. That may be too delicate and complex for a mass production toy and it also makes it difficult to incorporate a rear landing gear as the inside of the lower leg will be partially taken up by the folding leg panels.

3) The third option, would be to have the back of the battroid's lower leg as a removable piece which is taken off when the toy is transfromed into fighter mode. This would be far the simplest option and would allow the shoulders to sit low enough in fighter mode. Personally, I could accept this, but such an approach may not satisfy the 'perfect transformation' or nothing crowd.

The other troublesome area withe the YF-19 as mentioned above, is the folding groin section and the front landing gear. These two parts are so close together, that it is extremely difficult to get them accurate to the lineart within the limited space of a toy without the parts interfering with each other, this gets even more complicated when you add battroid hip joints into the mix. No mass production toy or model has got the folding groin section correct as per how it is shown folding in the lineart, not Yamato, certainly not Bandai (who didn't even try) and not even SHE. In fact, only one custom transformable model kit from one of the hobby magazines ever got it correct. Basically the dilema is that if you make the groin piece correct, then you don't have space to put the front landing gear in the correct position or make it look correct. The SHE kit didn't have any landing gear and remember Yamato's awful partially exposed front landing gear on their YF-19! Even the beautiful custom IHP transforming YF-19 featured in Model Graphix magazine has removable front landing gear. So again, it looks like the only way around this problem is to have the front landing gear removable, which will probably piss people off. However, please consider that the problem is not so much with Yamato, but rather caused by Kawamori, as the YF-19 employs more 'anime-magic' than other valks in regarding to changing proportions during transformation and this really makes it tough to make accurate, perfect transformation toy without parts removal.

oh snap!! thanx for all the pix guys! Man I can't wait for all of those to come out. I so want the bubblegum crisis stuff, and those variable bikes look awesome too!! that white scooter reminds me of scooter from gobots. :p:D:lol:

The Garland looks a bit weird to me, specially on the feet and the front wheel, the resin kit is much more accurate, but hey, i'ts a perfect transforming Garland toy! Guess we can quote EXO once more here: "Seems that my childhood is coming after my wallet with a vengeance"

Does anybody knows who made those Landmates and when they'll be released? TNX!

The Garland looks a bit weird to me, specially on the feet and the front wheel, the resin kit is much more accurate, but hey, i'ts a perfect transforming Garland toy! Guess we can quote EXO once more here: "Seems that my childhood is coming after my wallet with a vengeance"

LOL... alls I need is a Madox-01 and I'm truly gonna be happy. I got my resin kit of the M-66 Marionette from Rob last year... if I really want to go way back then I'll pray for a Voltes V SOC....

Landmates are from Yamato....

LOL... alls I need is a Madox-01 and I'm truly gonna be happy. I got my resin kit of the M-66 Marionette from Rob last year... if I really want to go way back then I'll pray for a Voltes V SOC....

Landmates are from Yamato....

A Voltes V SOC would be sweet!!!

Considering the difficulties in making an accurate YF-19, and looking at the VASTLY improved VF-0, I am going to go on a limb and say go ahead and make the damn thing parts swap for the hip section and rear leg parts. It looks like that might make everyone's like easier, and solve the complex dilemma. Graham was on the nail with what he said back then. It's hard to make a fully perfect transformation variable with those issues. As long as it stays 1/72 that would be awesome. Although I could live with a 1/100 even, and my wallet would thank me since I want at least two YF-19's. I wouldn't have said this with the fugly VF-0 version, but the revised one displays some good effort this time.

is this correct?

1/48 GBP sometime next year. :huh:

1/100 koeing this year, nuff said! B))

1/60 monster, not sure why they're making this one, but i know Godzilla will be happy. ;)

no new enemy mecha, and sorry folks but the max rau don't count as new IMO. :rolleyes:

no 1/48 CF or_____ or ____ or ____ or _____ fillin them in at your leisure. <_<

more little collectible figures, not my bag, strictly fanboy merchandise. :lol:

a 1/100 VF-0S valk is on the way, not a fan of zero, so i gots no love. CG, line art, whatevs, the thing looks fugly IMO. :blink:

and lots of other anime crap that i'm not into....great. :mellow:

if theres something i've missed, please fill me in.

So, I don't remember much about Microman, but those figs are about 4 inches correct?

If so, then that would make the Garland what... 12 inches in robot mode?

Yeah it looks pretty big and thusly likely not cheap :p

http://www.visualmedia.com.hk/cgi-bin/news...8706;=100&utag=

Fort Max

This is one case where I can truthfully say that I don't give a flying damn what the Garland costs.

I have waited 20 years for this toy, and I WILL HAVE IT!.

This is one case where I can truthfully say that I don't give a flying damn what the Garland costs.

I have waited 20 years for this toy, and I WILL HAVE IT!.

I second to that.

I have been waiting to get this toy ever since Junior High :)

1. It is a classic anime from around the same time as Macross

2. The character design is by Mikimoto

3. It was mutilated into Robotech: The Movie

What he said...

I guess you sorta have to be into the old school stuff a little bit to appreciate Megazone, but hey, considering that we're all Macross fans, that part should go without saying.

is this correct?

1/48 GBP sometime next year.  :huh:

1/100 koeing this year, nuff said!  B))

1/60 monster, not sure why they're making this one, but i know Godzilla will be happy.  ;)

no new enemy mecha, and sorry folks but the max rau don't count as new IMO. :rolleyes:

no 1/48 CF or_____ or ____ or ____ or _____ fillin them in at your leisure. <_<

more little collectible figures, not my bag, strictly fanboy merchandise.  :lol:

a 1/100 VF-0S valk is on the way, not a fan of zero, so i gots no love. CG, line art, whatevs, the thing looks fugly IMO.  :blink:

and lots of other anime crap that i'm not into....great.  :mellow:

if theres something i've missed, please fill me in.

GBP-01 1/48? WAHOO!

Finally some word on the 1/60 Monster! Haterist got that right! :D

I have to agree with Haterist on the no 1/48 CF or the 2 seaters...

No enemy Mecha? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! cry_smile.gif

I think I will wait and see on the VF-0.

1.  It is a classic anime from around the same time as Macross

2.  The character design is by Mikimoto

3.  It was mutilated into Robotech: The Movie

What he said...

I guess you sorta have to be into the old school stuff a little bit to appreciate Megazone, but hey, considering that we're all Macross fans, that part should go without saying.

Ah, I see. I'm into old school anime as well, it just tends to be from either side of the 80's. :p

Having said that Megazone looks pretty good and if it comes out here in England then I will check it out.

thanks for the info guys.

Fort Max

3.  It was mutilated into Robotech: The Movie

Reall??? Now that I did not know :ph34r:

Part 1 was hacked, and turned into RT - The Movie.

Part 2 remains unscathed.

Part 3 sucks all by itself. :lol:

But the soundtrack of Joanne Harris was pretty good. :lol:

The Future Is Now!