The Official Aim for the Top! Gunbuster Thread

If Jung is in the NG manga storylines, where is Noriko?

Noriko and Kazumi havn't returned to Earth yet Silly... that's why when they wake up Jung from Criogenic sleep in that page I posted she asks "if those two have returned" like I said... Looks like Jung is keeping herself on ice until those two come back... She's probably still asleep during Diebuster.

BTW thats the last page of the last chapter I have... so I havn't got to see what Jung actually does.

Edited by lord_breetai

Around the year 2245, when the Galactic Core Attack Fleet returns to Earth, Jung is inaugurated as the president of the Earth Federation. It is also during this time that a rescue operation is started by Tatsumi Tashiro to locate the missing Gunbuster and its crew. Both Jung and Tashiro are placed in suspended animation until the mission is ready to go underway. In the year 2289 the mission is delayed, and by 2306 it is scrubbed altogether. I assume that Jung and Tashiro are taken out of stasis when this happens, but it is also conjecture that Jung may have allowed herself to stay in cryosleep until Noriko and Kazumi returned. I'm also assuming that the Next Generation series takes place in 2489, as Top Squadron is reformed under the name S-Top. Most of this is from a timeline I have been able to compile from stuff I have found floating around on the net. It is far from complete and may contain a few errors.

, but it is also conjecture that Jung may have allowed herself to stay in cryosleep until Noriko and Kazumi returned.

I think it's more then conjecture I can translate some of what it says on the page with Jung.

Roughly it says

Jung: E~~~ have those two returned?

Person: No, they havn't but we have an emergency

Jung: An Emergency?

but that's very rough. if I had furigana I could do a full translation but we don't.

So Noriko, do you have any idea where this was published and how I might get the rest of it, if you don't then I don't know who would.

Edited by lord_breetai

• 3 weeks later...
Check this out...new gunbuster figure by kaiyodo!  :ph34r:

kydlogo.jpg

AUGUST

2,980yen

GB01.jpgGB03.jpg

GB02.jpg

10044128a2.jpg

http://www.hlj.com/product/KYD01027

Not the same as:

http://www.hlj.com/product/KYD51052

It looks like an updated version of their previously released figure. Except for the leg movement. Almost the same pose with the arms crossed too, but more attitude is reflected in the gesture. I wonder what the weapons pack will be?

Edited by Noriko Takaya

It looks like an updated version of their previously released figure. Except for the leg movement. Almost the same pose with the arms crossed too, but more attitude is reflected in the gesture. I wonder what the weapons pack will be?

I have the old figure, and it looks nowhere near as good as this one. I'd go as far to say the old one is a piece of crap.

Actually I don't like the new attitude pose. It looks like the bad-boy-street-punk-I've-got-something-to-prove look while the old stand-up-straight-with-folded-arms says I've-got-nothing-to-prove-to-you-but-if-you-want-I-can-kick-your-ass-seven-ways-to-hell-and-back.

Some news for you guys out there which isn't very interesting, but I figured I'd share it. Since Manga is reluctant to answer e-mails about Gunbuster, I've gone over their heads and asked someone over at Anchor Bay Entertainment, who holds all of Manga's licenses. So I will be waiting to hear from them, if they even want to reply. Who knows, maybe I will get a promising answer.

Still trying to fight the good fight for those of you Gunbuster fans out there, this is your pal, Noriko Takaya, signing off.

Some news for you guys out there which isn't very interesting, but I figured I'd share it. Since Manga is reluctant to answer e-mails about Gunbuster, I've gone over their heads and asked someone over at Anchor Bay Entertainment, who holds all of Manga's licenses. So I will be waiting to hear from them, if they even want to reply. Who knows, maybe I will get a promising answer.

Still trying to fight the good fight for those of you Gunbuster fans out there, this is your pal, Noriko Takaya, signing off.

It's pretty much a safe bet Manga doesn't have the license anymore. At a recent convention, someone had asked another studio if they had the license, and they said a non-disclosed studio has it, and top 2, and will most likely wait until top 2 is finished to announce it. Take that as you will though.

Actually, I asked them about it at Anime Central (as I do every year) and they said it's been officially canceled. Though they wouldn't confirm that they no longer hold the liscense.

Check this out...new gunbuster figure by kaiyodo!  :ph34r:

Think that's impressive? Check out the work-in-progress pics of Studio Half-Eye's Perfect Variable Gunbuster!!

http://halfeye.m78.com/himiken/h-ken/h-ken.html

The proportions look kinda weird... But keep in mind, the Gunbuster has what may just be THE most implausible transformation in the history of anime. And this guy's making it work!!

Guess what? I just got an e-mail from a Shayna MacLeod at Anchor Bay Entertainment. She informed me that Anchor Bay did buy all of Manga's titles, and Gunbuster was not among them in the catalogue. She also states that this is probably due to the license expiring before the merge. So the truth comes out. Manga has been lying all these years. They never had any intentions of releasing Gunbuster.

A Media Blasters rep that posts on Animeondvd's forums was dropping hints about Manga losing the license six months ago, here, incidently.

You can kind of blame me for starting rumors over there and on a number of anime related boards. I was spouting off about this a while ago, even before the Media Blasters rep began blabbing. I was basically jumping the gun because I began to figure something was up when Manga revamped thier site and the merge with Anchor Bay hit.