which is the better mode?

Alain

Hi Guys!

Need your opinion on this matter. I dont know if there are similar threads or it is being discused in the past. but like the title said, which is better? ( excluding FP's )

ok since I realy love fighter jets eversince as a kid, here is my take on the matter. for me, I think the fighter mode is the all around mode, nice and slick at all angles.

The Gerwalk, well, only certain angles, so as the battroid modes, very thin to look at esp at the side angle.

Comments and other opinions are highly appreciated. thanks!

This has been discussed before with a poll, but I'll bite.

IMO the VF-1 is the one VF that pulls off all three modes the best.

My favorite mode is battroid mode though.

ah ok Dante, so which mode do guys prefer?

No matter how hard I try I can never decide which mode is better (happens with the 1/48 and 1/60 VF-1) That's why you have to buy multiples, better yet dozens :lol:

What I really hate is the front view of the 1/48 fighter mode because of the horrendous wide canopy ;)

Which mode do YOU prefer? What else matters?

thats the problem emerson, of the six valks that I have here, I just cant figure out what mode to display them.

here is my current display...

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

No matter how hard I try I can never decide which mode is better (happens with the 1/48 and 1/60 VF-1) That's why you have to buy multiples, better yet dozens :lol:

What I really hate is the front view of the 1/48 fighter mode because of the horrendous wide canopy ;)

hehehe on the contrary, I realy like the VF-1 canopy.....

yah your right, I have a feeling I might end up forming another DYRL Skull for fighter mode only or any mode :rolleyes:

plus the yamato reissue of M&M whew!

A slight bent to your question (I actually only figured this out when I cleaned up my room and re-organised my toy display last weekend):

If you have limited display area, Battroid is the way to go. You can fit a lot more battroid valks per square metre than fighters (you can do the X-Men Team pose, see pic :D );

But if I have more display space, I definitely display them in fighter mode, I think the 1/48 fighter looks hot.

P.S. I actually think the 1/48 Battroid is too skinny and I don't like the wide chest plate. I love the proportion of the 1/55 Battroid

[attachmentid=41505]

post-3608-1175007599_thumb.jpg

This one's easy... Battroid is the best. Why? Because that's the only way you can pose dozens of 1/48s without having to add on another room to your house. When you start posing these things in GERWALK or setting up a bunch of fighter displays you find yourself out of room in no time flat.

A slight bent to your question (I actually only figured this out when I cleaned up my room and re-organised my toy display last weekend):

If you have limited display area, Battroid is the way to go. You can fit a lot more battroid valks per square metre than fighters (you can do the X-Men Team pose, see pic :D );

But if I have more display space, I definitely display them in fighter mode, I think the 1/48 fighter looks hot.

P.S. I actually think the 1/48 Battroid is too skinny and I don't like the wide chest plate. I love the proportion of the 1/55 Battroid

[attachmentid=41505]

Cool Pics Mowe :) yes space is indeed a slight problem here, since I dont want to use the bottom shelves and started looking down on them, seeing only topviews and the shoulders of battroids ( which I found unattractive )

yes the F14 valk look alike is realy hot in Figher mode.

Gerwalk with the arms in stow'd position. BEST ever imo.

it's definitely top notch on the 1/48's without FP's. i realized that the valk style and color determine it's best mode. for instance, i only like the angel bird in fighter and the 1S head is so awesome it almost demands battroid.

can't decide? no problem, just buy 3 of each and display in each mode.

I think your setup is fine, you show one of each mode already

Was just going to say the same thing. The way you've set it up, there's no reason to decide. Unless you're looking to have all your valks displayed in the same mode, I think your display looks great!

Emerson, Eternal D.....hehehe easier said than done, would love to have 3 modes each :rolleyes: sold a couple of reptile pets and tarantulas just to add to my macross collections ;)

Theplasticwerks. yes gerwalk looks cool, but only if they have. buts as Ignacio said its empty WALLET MODE for sure hehehehe.... :lol:

Edited by Alain

Emerson, Eternal D.....hehehe easier said than done, would love to have 3 modes each :rolleyes: sold a couple of reptile pets and tarantulas just to add to my macross collections ;)

Theplasticwerks. yes gerwalk looks cool, but only if they have. buts as Ignacio said its empty WALLET MODE for sure hehehehe.... :lol:

Actually, what I'm saying is that your display looks fine as is! You've got all three modes represented. Enjoy!

My favorite mode is Gerwalk. It's more interesting to look at to the common eye (to them, a Battroid is just another humanoid robot, and the fighter is just gaudily painted). However, I hate how the 1/48 looks in that mode; stick with fighter.

I know it's tantamount to blasphemy round these parts, but I still maintain that the Toynami MPC (although unbearably hideous in fighter and battroid) has the best Gerwalk mode down by far. The A-stance is solid and dynamic.

IPB Image

Actually, what I'm saying is that your display looks fine as is! You've got all three modes represented. Enjoy!

Thanks Emerson!....awesome MPCs there, have only one, its the VF-1J miriya, its still in her box though.

My tastes seem to change week to week, but I think overall I do like Gerwalk the best. As it's been said, it's the best of both worlds. Fighter and Battroid are both very very nice, though.

And... for some reason it reminds me of ED-209, and that's never a bad thing. Even though i can't explain it.

Lowviz, yes the gerwalk with FPs in a stand looks cool. as Kensei said, bears out all the weapons! thats specificaly why I displayed my gerwalk in this style.

Edited by Alain

thankyou pre. yours too, i havent completed the dyrl valks yet cuz i ran out of money :lol:

hehehe Im sure you will complete them in no time.....but you still have M&M, will have a wait a little longer before I can get my hands on them :)