Model Valkrie Gallery

peter

Over in the "Toys" discussions, there's this huge thread with members posting pictures of their collections of 1/48s. Some members have obscene numbers of these toys. Are there model collections like that too?

Sorry, I'd love to start this thread out with some pictures but I have to admit, I haven't even finished my first Hasegawa Valkrie model. Past creations of mine (by Bandai) are so horrible I'd be ashamed to show them to anyone. My specialty is car models so the cross-over is a little difficult for me....not to mention my extreme laziness.

Sorry, I'd love to start this thread out with some pictures but... Past creations of mine (by Bandai) are so horrible I'd be ashamed to show them to anyone.

I think that's why this thread won't be as successful as the toy one.

I'm basing this on my own personal feelings but I think most people are embarrassed to show off their creations because they think they won't measure up to the WM Cheng works of art. (No offense WM, keep 'em comin!)

I like the idea of this thread and I would like to encourage people to post pics of their completed works. We'd love to see them. Nobody's gonna be mean about it if they're not perfect. (I got your back if they are! :angry: )

Yeah, you're right. Tomorrow I'll take a pic of my craptacular valkrie models to get this thread started. Maybe the thread should be renamed "Your crappiest Valkrie models.

Why don't you turn this thread into a "Who has the Crappiest Model" thread, no good kits allowed, just pure amateur talent. When I first started out after a big break in modeling, one of the most daunting things to see was all these great kits out there, and compare them to the shapeless lumps sitting on my desk, so I say let the parade begin!

To round it off you could add what it is you learned off that particular kit. Personally I try to learn something of every kit I build, first it was seam filling, next was airbrushing, then a bit of weathering, my current build ( a 1/72 Thunderbolt) is going to be finished in natural metal. After that will be scratch building/conversion etc.

Cheers,

Berttt

Edited by Berttt

Well I will show off one of my horrid tests. My attempt at a Clear Version Hase VF-1A. Let's just say it don't get more foggier than this...... :( And of course it isn't finished...need to add the rest of the pieces and decal it...

Actually I have lots of model kits....all of them half finished.....all ofthem a custom of some sort. <_<

Rob MN

Edited by Monkey-N

Here's one more of my attempts... A lighted VF-1A. Basically I insulated the leg pieces and put in two high powered lights. Painted it black and gold ect. Anyway this is actually one model I tried really hard to complete...but sadly enough it remains unfinished.

Rob

Even if the models look like crap is always up to a good photograph to bring the best of them....

I have my "precious" displayed on 4 Detolf cabinets on my living room to which I have incorporated lighting..

post-3-1101143297_thumb.gif

ohhh the VF-4 looks nice do you have any more pics of it? the minmay guard looks good, i like the blue nose tip on it most i see have the yellowish one i think the blue looks much better. Monkey N that clear valk would look very cool under a blacklight, would'nt it glow ? i have a SV-51 Ivanov it is not finished but i think it looks decent i will post pics eventually.

Edited by zeo-mare

just took a quick pic the model is nowhere being done yet, i have not added most of the decals, just the skull, the weapons have not been done yet, they are painted white. i went for a low viz look.

from front, i still have alot of touching up to do, with panel lines and wheathering, and many other little details.

Edited by zeo-mare

Ok, I promised some crappy models for shits and giggles, so here they are. I did the panel lining on this gerwalk with a black crayon.

post-3-1101154700_thumb.jpg

Edited by peter

And just to show you that I'm not a complete muppet when it comes to building models, here's a pic I posted at another forum of an model I built a few years ago:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/attachment....ntid=2016&stc=1

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/attachment....ntid=2019&stc=1

In case anyone's interested in car models, there's about 4 pages of my picture whoring here:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread....=neo%27s+models

My best model yet!!! :lol:

Hahahah... nah. This is actually my kit bashed project. I'm making a posable battroid YF-19. I just taped it together and took a picture of it.

I still thought most of the pictures here were still too good so I thought I'll show you guys a true craptastic model. ;)

Edited by AlphaHX

Why don't you turn this thread into a "Who has the Crappiest Model" thread, no good kits allowed, just pure amateur talent. When I first started out after a big break in modeling, one of the most daunting things to see was all these great kits out there, and compare them to the shapeless lumps sitting on my desk, so I say let the parade begin!

What happened to the crappy models!?! I dont see any lumps! :ph34r:

Hahahah... I'm just playing. ;)

GREAT models everyone. :)

POST MORE PEOPLE!!!

Dont be embarassed. Nothing is worse than the one I posted up! Seriously tho, these are some great models! Why didnt anyone of you guys post them before? :blink:

If I had half the talent as you guys here, I would be posting left and right! :D

What happened to the crappy models!?! I dont see any lumps! :ph34r:

Man; like a said before, it's all up to the photograph...

all the crappy models look awesome under the right lighting conditions...he,he..

What a great thread - crappy or not - I love seeing all these models out there! :p

Please the last thing I want to do is discourage anyone from this great hobby - lets all keep building!!

Speaking of which, my VF-1+Booster has just been sittin for the past few days - must get back to it soon... but I love seeing these threads.

Keep it up!

My Ostrich

You know, there are a lot of great models out there, but there are very few, like this one who managed to not only build a great model, but take a very cool picture of it!

This is a really unique angle and I don't think I've seen anyone take a picture quite like this.

Just like someone said, it's not just about the model, it's about the picture too! Awesome picture!

Anyway, I hope this thread is still around by the time I finish my Strike.

Edited by peter

My Ostrich

You know, there are a lot of great models out there, but there are very few, like this one who managed to not only build a great model, but take a very cool picture of it!

This is a really unique angle and I don't think I've seen anyone take a picture quite like this.

Just like someone said, it's not just about the model, it's about the picture too! Awesome picture!

Anyway, I hope this thread is still around by the time I finish my Strike.

Hey thanks! I was a bit surprised myself when I saw this one. The canopy looks all shiny and reflective, kinda realistic looking.

Great model Grayson. I remember seeing it the first time you posted it and I didn't post anything in the thread. Your kudos are long overdue.

I am trying to get some modelling time after work so I can post something soon. Hopefully, everyone will use some of the upcoming vacation time to put some more work in.