Mospeada Genesis Climber

Godzilla

It was quite refreshing to watch it in its original form rather than the Robotech version. I liked it alot. I dont understand why it didnt do well. Maybe I am just the the 1% of the population that likes it. Man oh man I would love to get a Tread. That sucker just has "Bada$$" written all over it.

Of course there were some issues I have:

1. In a lot of scenes in Ray/Rand mospeada/cyclone armor was used, it couldn't penetrate the Inbit/Invid armor but when he gets a lock on, he nails them. How the hell did he do that?

2. Why does it seem like they have 2 gunpods for the legioss? In the episode where the outlaw was killing 100 soldiers to get his body back, you see Ray/Rand and Houquett (sp?)/Rook legioss/alpha has 2 gunpods: one on each side? Granted it looks cool.

3. What bases did the survivors that escaped the Inbit/Invid invasion establesh? I see that it was Saturn, Mars and Moon base. Was there a Jupiter base as well?

4. Even more so, how come when the missiles were used from the Legioss, the Inbit/Invid (I think it was the Grabs) was able to use their claws to shield themselves and survive? Same goes for the gunpods as well. Those Inbit/Invid seemed armored then in the next scene, the gunpods are able to shoot holes in them.

Edited by Godzilla

It was quite refreshing to watch it in its original form rather than the Robotech version. I liked it alot. I dont understand why it didnt do well. Maybe I am just the the 1% of the population that likes it. Man oh man I would love to get a Tread. That sucker just has "Bada$$" written all over it.

Of course there were some issues I have:

1. In a lot of scenes in Ray/Rand mospeada/cyclone armor was used, it couldn't penetrate the Inbit/Invid armor but when he gets a lock on, he nails them. How the hell did he do that?

2. Why does it seem like they have 2 gunpods for the legioss? In the episode where the outlaw was killing 100 soldiers to get his body back, you see Ray/Rand and Houquett (sp?)/Rook legioss/alpha has 2 gunpods: one on each side? Granted it looks cool.

3. What bases did the survivors that escaped the Inbit/Invid invasion establesh? I see that it was Saturn, Mars and Moon base. Was there a Jupiter base as well?

4. Even more so, how come when the missiles were used from the Legioss, the Inbit/Invid (I think it was the Grabs) was able to use their claws to shield themselves and survive? Same goes for the gunpods as well. Those Inbit/Invid seemed armored then in the next scene, the gunpods are able to shoot holes in them.

Maybe those issues that you have are why the story didnt do so well. I think Its a great series

Dont get me wrong but I liked it. It wasnt bad. Just some questions. Unlike NGE where the ending suck as well as Witch Hunter Robin, this story ending wasnt bad but kinda left me thinking that Stig/Scott shoulda hooked up with Aisha/Marlene.

Mospeada was alright, but I had more problems with it than say Macross when it came to some of the story elements.

Mecha and aliens aside, the biggest problem of Mospeada for me was the ability of the group of heroes to escape any danger despite being a very small group. With Macross and other sci-fi anime of the early 80s, there were tertiary/cannon fodder characters that would die in each episode that made lack of injury and death on the part of the main character less glaring. In Mospeada there was very little of that and so each main character became a bit more unbelievable than in other shows in the same genre. Inbit would be firing from all directions and not a scratch on the main characters who would many times be fighting without the assistance of mecha. Towards the end when the humanoid Inbit came around it got even more unbelievable. Especially the episode (can't remember the number) where all the main characters were simply out in the snow without any mecha facing down attacks from Gurabs and even a Gosu and they all survived. It made the Inbit look as bad as Transformers, G.I. Joes, or Stormtroopers in terms of aiming accuracy.

I also never particularly understood why the Inbit would bother sticking around anywhere in a physical form when its apparent that they could turn into some type of invincible energy whenever they wanted to. They didn't even have to leave Earth at the end. Coulda just zapped the invasion fleet like they already did and then come right back.

Mint practically killed it for me. And it was funny that you don't know Houquet's name only until after episode 4 or 5. Otherwise she was just the unamed female tagging along.

Mint was a problem for me as well, I find Annie in Robotech less annoying. The worst scene for Inbit ineffectiveness has to be in the episode where the characters are near the river, they are in the middle of Inbit Gurabs and the Inbit can't hit any of them.

Still I like the show, and it fills in the holes that RT New Gen had.

Strawberry Panties!

Mospeada Rules!

Best part about unpopular shows is no crapass sequals, complicated alternate universes or changes of history because of prequals. Let us hope Robotech Shadow force (Is that the name?) does not turn into a Mospeada sequal in Japan.

Pop an Inbit in the eye watch him drop like a fly.

Remember the Inbit are in diferent stages and not the brightest in any stage. Even the evolved ones are "retarded". Growing up without years of knowledge behind you can be tough. Try to hit somebody in the bushes, looking through that eye, can also be tough. Especially if they don't have any power source on. I always look at the Inbit as like ants. Brute force is their way. Do it for the royalty!

Psssst........

Go to Cycs website for most of your answers............

Myriad replying in a Mospeada thread? :p

What are the odds...like Keith replying in a Mac 7 thread, or AgentOne replying in an Arnold movie thread! :D

And I just got the 2 CD soundtrack a couple months ago. Long live Mospeada!

Edited by Gaijin

Since all the Mospeada eminences are here I'll take the opportunity to ask a question:

Which number is Ray/Rand's Legioss? Anyone has a picture of it? I might buy two blue Alphas and make a custom, but I'm not sure about it.

Thanks in advance, guys.

So there was a sequel?

If I understand well, Love Live Alive is not exactly a sequel, but kind of an epilogue to the series released as an OVA (I haven't see it yet tho'). I'm I right?

Actually in the series, Ray/Rand flew the green legioss majority of the time.

I looked up the OVA L.L.A and I am wondering where can I get it?

I believe it can be downloaded. Can someone give me the link too?

Since all the Mospeada eminences are here I'll take the opportunity to ask a question:

Which number is Ray/Rand's Legioss? Anyone has a picture of it? I might buy two blue Alphas and make a custom, but I'm not sure about it.

Thanks in advance, guys.

Edited by Myriad

Or try this: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=7131

I was really bored most of the time when I watched RT:NG. But I enjoyed Mospeada. Also, I hated the little girl in NG, but I liked her in Mospeada.

One thing I particularly enjoyed about the show, although it could have been emphasized a little more, was the friendship between Ray and Stig, and more generally, the theme of friendship and devotion to comrades.

Mospeada is one of my favorite shows (macross and Megazone being the other two).

We got great toys too...

Thanks for posting the pic! I remember the Mospeada (and for that matter, all the anime toys) sold here stateside had all firing mechanisms removed from the weapons at the time (mid 80's. I guess toy companies were still in the wake of the Battlestar Galactica Viper toy that killed a four-year-old when he fired a projectile into his mouth a few years back) whether they were in a "Robotech" box or original Japanese line box. I had that Mospeada 21 Bike. Me and my brother took apart some of the weapons and saw space for a spring and other related firing mechanism components. I think the projectiles were glued permaneantly in their "chambers" if I remember correctly.

Edited by USMCBebop

Mospeada is one of my favorite shows (macross and Megazone being the other two).

We got great toys too...

Thanks for posting the pic! I remember the Mospeada (and for that matter, all the anime toys) sold here stateside had all firing mechanisms removed from the weapons at the time (mid 80's. I guess toy companies were still in the wake of the Battlestar Galactica Viper toy that killed a four-year-old when he fired a projectile into his mouth a few years back) whether they were in a "Robotech" box or original Japanese line box. I had that Mospeada 21 Bike. Me and my brother took apart some of the weapons and saw space for a spring and other related firing mechanism components. I think the projectiles were glued permaneantly in their "chambers" if I remember correctly.

You are right about the firing mechanism. I have the japanese Gakken boxed version and the mechanism is there (I can remove the missiles but no longer shoot them cause the springs may be a little rusty!).

Oh, by the way, it's an amazing toy ;)

I've dl episode 5 of 25 and Mospeada really rocks!

The storyline may be not so complicated as macross but in all I like characters in a crusading team.

The opening is really funky vintage cool. B)) Is it a HUD display of an alhpa fighter or cyclone?

I always wonder why they didn't make an rpg. It's too bad Mospeada didn't get as far as macross. They should deserve more! B))

Edited by Kin

I always wonder why they didn't make an rpg.

I don't think the Japanese make RPG's of anime, if by RPG you mean the paper-and-pencil D&D type game. So it's up to Americans to do it--and for that, I assume the Robotech RPG has been sufficiently annotated and modified by Mospeada officianados.

There was however a Mospeada board game, probably a simple wargame of the Avalon Hill/SPI/TSR variety. Some pics here. Some more info and pics here.

lol does someone know where i can get that catchy old "outrun" like song ....

motorcycle freak, that's you..ououououou... motorcycle touring that's all...

Song makes me even love the mospeada bike. :o

Sounds kinda new wave, duran duran like B))

Edited by Kin

Errr...yeah. Did I say Americans?

YOU TAKE THAT BACK! HOW DARE YOU INSULT ME LIKE THAT?!?!?!?

Man, it's been awhile since I've run into the classic "Everybody who speaks English on the net is automatically American" cliche ^_^

Cyc (*waves Aussie flag*)