Only started collecting just after Christmas, so I didn't feel right posting in this thread until I had at least one Valkyrie to represent each mode. So here is my little collection, on one shelf in one detolf (makes me a little jealous seeing some people have more valks thab I have Gunpla, but such is what drives me to want more!). Yamato YF-19 for fighter mode, Chogokin VF-25F Alto Renewal for Gerwalk, and Arcadia 30th Anniversary VF-1J for Battroid.

post-29874-0-70194800-1422402666_thumb.jpg

Guest davidwhangchoi

Only started collecting just after Christmas, so I didn't feel right posting in this thread until I had at least one Valkyrie to represent each mode. So here is my little collection, on one shelf in one detolf

don't worry, you have more displayed than i do. neat setup:)

:o so.much.Macross.its.hurting.my.brain! B))

Such a nice and clean display setup! ^_^

Thanks! Always getting inspiration from all the great displays found on this thread to improve my display, even if it means buying more valks! :p

Damn, that sounds good right now. I am also planning my trip back home to Hawaii for June.

The lighting on mine is a warm light too. I was ok with it but after seeing spanner's lighting setup, I kind of want swap them out for a cooler white and that is going to be more money to spend... :blink:

Great shots and setup on your valks.

:D

Thanks Saburo!

Only started collecting just after Christmas, so I didn't feel right posting in this thread until I had at least one Valkyrie to represent each mode. So here is my little collection, on one shelf in one detolf (makes me a little jealous seeing some people have more valks thab I have Gunpla, but such is what drives me to want more!). Yamato YF-19 for fighter mode, Chogokin VF-25F Alto Renewal for Gerwalk, and Arcadia 30th Anniversary VF-1J for Battroid.

Great start to your collection! I started a year ago, and i thought I'd only be getting a VF-1S, but soon I had the VF-25F and VF-19Kai on order. Haha! Such is Macross collecting.

Congrats, and welcome to collecting Macross stuff. Doesn't matter if you have it all, or just a couple. Just as long as you're having fun. To be honest, many times, it's the smaller, more creative displays I like over sheer quantity. That's just me, but I like what you got. Way to start off, and a great representation of the various eras.

Welcome aboard Doublepush! And great start too. You can however, order the upcoming Arcadia's Armored VF-1J to add another on your display. ;)

Welcome Doublepush, that is a great start to your Macross collection. Soon you'll have no room in your Detolf to display them all and need to expand. I started with one Valk on my desk and then... Haha

I saw how quickly my paycheques were being funneled into gunpla so I realized I had to slow down a bit and make more careful purchases. I do have the GBP pre-ordered right now but still unsure if I'm going to bother. It would be nice to have a canon VF-1 but really, there's plenty of time for that. Thanks everyone for all the comments :) I wanted to have as varying a display as possible (molds, eras, and transformation state) in as few figures as possible.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Those are some really nice collections and displays!

And All Hail Mighty Davidtron. B))

-b.

Great to see you back on the boards posting:)

Guest davidwhangchoi

Thank you kindly, it's good to be back (even if really limited).

Now only if I can get back into the full swing of collecting. I miss getting boxes every 1 to 2 weeks.

-b.

yeah, hope your schedule is not too hectic that you can't be a regular. i just had the earliest job interview in my life. Sat (today) 7am in the morning. So tired...

Guest davidwhangchoi

trying to panel line the nose section with a gundam marker...

IMG_1616_zpsqe6h5eqm.jpgIMG_1627_zpssjvwykqj.jpgIMG_1621_zpsjp7n12kt.jpg

finished the mid top and wings, need to try again but it's pretty fun:)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

I give you much credit I am way to scared to do that.

there is a reason why I really like a weathered look. cause it is hard to do a clean job. :wacko:

nice job on lining your toy. It really brings out the detail

thanks guys, i got skills of a little kid with a crayon :p just tracing the panel lines

If you made a mistake, can it get removed?

on bare plastic you can just use you fingers to wipe off any mistakes or use a q tip with a little rubbing alcohol to clean up any mistakes. on painted surfaces it's a bit harder bc if you use the alcohol you have to be careful not to take off the paint with it. but this valk is mainly plastic surface.

That's good work so far. What Gundam Marker are you using?

i'm using grey gundam marker, i think it's called GM02

i was amateurishly following this guy's panel lining...

tutorial

Guest davidwhangchoi

nice job david. i like the way panel lining looks on darker valks like that. for some reason i'm not a fan of it on white/off white valks as much.

thanks Mecha,

i cleaned up the lines and finished. here's some shots (i skipped the legs bc it's painted and prob need to use a pencil)

IMG_1633_zpsnjetxmv6.jpgIMG_1634_zpsrpgjygrm.jpgIMG_1636_zpsq8fqoonw.jpg

Edited by davidwhangchoi

thanks Mecha,

i cleaned up the lines and finished. here's some shots (i skipped the legs bc it's painted and prob need to use a pencil)

IMG_1633_zpsnjetxmv6.jpg

That looks spot on! Great work!

I have been thinking of trying this myself and I'll have a spare DYRL VF-1A Hikaru shortly so I might just give this a whirl!

Interesting looking stand you have it perched on there! What might that be from?

Guest davidwhangchoi

That looks spot on! Great work!

I have been thinking of trying this myself and I'll have a spare DYRL VF-1A Hikaru shortly so I might just give this a whirl!

Interesting looking stand you have it perched on there! What might that be from?

just a normal music mic boom stand:

http://www.amazon.com/Musicians-Gear-Tripod-Stand-2-Pack/dp/B0064RIB9A/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1422994218&sr=8-6&keywords=mic+stand+2+pack

Guest davidwhangchoi

That looks awesome. I have always liked the cf schemes. Nice job.

thanks!

very nice!

lets grab food when the snow clears up.

The return of the mic stand valk stand! Nice.

lol, i need to ask yeti if he can make an attachment for a mic stand.

Was thinking of adding 2 more side LEDs for each cabinet ,but due to no budgets decided to move the lights to the right side of each individual cabinet instead .At least for now .. :mellow:

Until I get more Detolf cabinets, they're going to have to cram in Battroid mode for a while...

16351733816_12a4ae2574_c.jpg

16190079238_69673092d0_c.jpg

15755270444_1e468f2c58_c.jpg

16191828547_ce10961ab3_c.jpg

Detolf erected and my humble collection starts to take up residence.

iPhone pics only sorry

Still to be added - Ozma renewal and Brera renewal

Awesome collections guys, both large and small. To be fair, they always start small then things tend to get a bit crazy lol!

@David. Epic stand choice and love the weathering. Great work. All them boxed valks is bordering on criminal though. ;)

Guest davidwhangchoi

Awesome collections guys, both large and small. To be fair, they always start small then things tend to get a bit crazy lol!

@David. Epic stand choice and love the weathering. Great work. All them boxed valks is bordering on criminal though. ;)

thanks!

David, looking good on the panel lines. You going to try it on your M&M? haha

Also, you ever open the boxes to make sure the valks is not damage?

nah, keep em untouched. like a museum