Hi-Metal R

joppewo

I don't really understand why everybody is cheering for this. We've already had Hi-Metal VF-1's. We know they're tiny, fiddly and have a bunch of parts to swap out that can be easily lost. They were pretty inconvenient all around, even if once you have Battroid mode assembled it's fun to pose.

I don't really understand why you're following this thread if you don't like the Hi-Metals.

I'm pretty underwhelmed too but I hope the line does well. It sure didn't the first time. It's been awhile so hopefully this isn't vaporware...

I would not buy space bugs but outside the Valks I might pick up the Destroids if they're done well. Maybe.

Any company willing to produce destroids........will get my cash....they are also claiming a Monster will be released....

But, then again, where is this Bandai?...

Should we start a new Thread? if so, the tittle should be... Where is this Bandai?

hIE1415073399.jpeg

My hope, looking forward to hi metal r to "re-conquer" all macross series like I mentioned,

Partly save alot money and also my available room space instead of 1/48 1/60 and also playing.

Easy for collectors I guess and how wonderful it is if it does conquer all macross products. 2015 "re dreaming."

Haha. The only demerit is the plug out side and hands attach to gunpod for previous hi metal. Wish more

improvements or more perfect transformation if possible. Ehh did I saw a gbp for this line, you die. Hehe

Scream hi metal r PLS CONQUER ALL MACROSS SERIES haha

Edited by alvaro

I just don't see how much more perfect transformation you can get at this size unless you compromise durability. You can already transform from Fighter to battroid without swapping anything outside of the canopy / heatshield.

I look at Bandai's 1/72 which has everything integrated, then I look at the 1/100 which is smaller and goes for simplicity, and I gotta say the Hi-Metal wins hands down.

Are they going to surpass Yammies? Hell no. But they'll make great toys with play with and display on your desk at work or something :D

post-25-0-45472000-1377279081_thumb.jpg post-25-0-75570700-1378009081_thumb.jpg post-25-0-28832700-1378009077_thumb.jpg
post-25-0-21127100-1378009072_thumb.jpg post-25-0-93480600-1378009066_thumb.jpg

I was wondering if anyone has seen or done a mod on their Fire Valkyrie so it can transform without having to swap the head parts or maybe a mod to store the gunpod in fighter mode? I was thinking of getting it but I'm not sure if I should wait in hopes Bandai will release an updated version of it maybe with the accessories included.

I just don't see how much more perfect transformation you can get at this size unless you compromise durability. You can already transform from Fighter to battroid without swapping anything outside of the canopy / heatshield.

I look at Bandai's 1/72 which has everything integrated, then I look at the 1/100 which is smaller and goes for simplicity, and I gotta say the Hi-Metal wins hands down.

Are they going to surpass Yammies? Hell no. But they'll make great toys with play with and display on your desk at work or something :D

This. Given the scale, we should assume there will be some compromises like parts swapping. So if absolutely perfect transformation or lots of gimmicks is your thing, you really shouldn't be looking at small scale toys to begin with. You have to compare apples to apples. I think the execution of the Hi-Metals is excellent, especially when you consider some of the other toys out there in similar scales.

Hi guys, I think he's replying to my wish of some dislike area for improvements. My bad . . .

but seriously, have a comparison/ judging with modern toys, almost me/you/toy sellers also know that nowadays NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE for Todays toys design technology, creating or making. Just a matter of they willing or want anot.

some1 made a gbp for old JM. u want 3p to make SD fb/gbp also possible. gbp for banpresto? toy experts also can do right?

previously someone did think this line is dead, but it reviving Splendid.

Honestly Yammies/Bandai SOC Most of the time Collectors toys are sleeping in cabinet or many collectors already start dumping.

Bandai 1/72 model kit? toynami 1/100 have really bad reviews, Scared off me.

just speaking my mind, sorry if any offense I did.

Edited by alvaro

Hi guys, I think he's replying to my wish of some dislike area for improvements. My bad . . .

but seriously, have a comparison/ judging with modern toys, almost me/you/toy sellers also know that nowadays NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE for Todays toys design technology, creating or making. Just a matter of they willing or want anot.

some1 made a gbp for old JM. u want 3p to make SD fb/gbp also possible. gbp for banpresto? toy experts also can do right?

previously someone did think this line is dead, but it reviving Splendid.

Honestly Yammies/Bandai SOC Most of the time Collectors toys are sleeping in cabinet or many collectors already start dumping.

Bandai 1/72 model kit? toynami 1/100 have really bad reviews, Scared off me.

just speaking my mind, sorry if any offense I did.

I don't think anyone was griping about your suggestions. It's a healthy back and forth between wishes and perceived reality. The 1/100 scale is a very difficult scale because the manufacturers can make it so good it seems to compete with the larger scale toys... but they can never quite make it as good as the larger scale toys which leaves people wanting more.

The lack of information about both the reboot releasing date and product details intrigues me. I suppose everything might happen, even a cancellation :(, anyway I´ve been watching some DX Chogokin Valks reviews and the line is amazing, maybe it´s time for Bandai to go on ahead and decide to produce the prophesied DX chogokin VF-1 at once, instead of this intriguing Reboot............Would it be wise ?

Edited by VALKYRIE ACE PILOT

Why not both? A $50-$70 1/100 toy and a beautiful $120-$175 1/60 DX toy? Then people can argue about whether or not it's better to have a whole squadron of 1/100 toys or one 1/60 toy and we all win. The 1/100 folks would get enemy mechs and destroids that the 1/60 line would never have (although hats off to Yamato for getting us close).

I never transform them. I put them into Battroid, didn't like how fidgety they were or the proportions in the other two modes, and left them in Battroid.

I never transform mine. I just leave it in battroid but I love tiny "action figures" of mechs because the smaller size means they scale nice with the enemy and other stuff. I remember when the revoltechs were a thing. They looked cool for small toy but the early ones did not transform. For people who aren't too crazy about proportions these are the solution: you get small size, perfect transformation and from distance they don't look bad.

I collect transformers too and find that sometimes the cheaper stuff can look better than the more expensive stuff in robot mode. (eg combiners wars megatron > masterpiece megatron) It's funny how that works out.

I think it is good to have two scales for display reason. From a long distance with a squad of guys fighting aliens is better with smaller toys. You can't do this with the high detail 1/60. Stuff like the Monster is just too massive. But its being done at the 1/100 scale! Why? Because some people want to have valks alongside destroids or fighting powered zentradi armors which are too chunky and big in 1/60. I have the 1/60 queadluun rau from yamato and its body is too heavy for the legs to support it. It's hips are loose. This is the problem with 1/60 for enemy mechas. The giants rode in giant-er armors. So the chance of you seeing toys of the bad guys is lowered at large scale since it is so expensive. But as action figures they would be fine.

As a little kid I use to make bases for my action figures using boxes and stuff. I guess these smaller toys appeal tto those guys. ie "viewing from long distance" displays.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

The Armored VF-1J's feet look big... Or bigger in proportion when comparing with the 1st issue of the Hi-Metal VF-1. Maybe that's why the y mention Reboot?

They look to be clips that cover the standard feet à la Yamato/Arcadia 1/60 V2 Armored Valk.

I wonder if they'll incorporate the collapsible fin like Yamato/Arcadia did to get a sleeker leg armor.

Need more info on these :p

Edited by Old Man

I don't really understand why you're following this thread if you don't like the Hi-Metals.

I didn't say I didn't like them, I said they aren't some magical, holy-grail fix people seem keep commenting they will be. Besides, they still had Destroids and Battlepods on on display as well and I want to see what they will be like.

Mommar -- Complaining that they are fiddly and come with small parts that are "easily lost" sounds to me like a little bit of a contradiction because If those small parts were integrated into the plane the toys would be even more fiddly, and have yet more issues. Personally I don't have a problem with adult collectibles having small parts (unless it's overkill) because we're not children anymore and won't lose them at school, or whatever. I do agree that it is a little annoying to have to go back and get pieces out of the box everytime you want to transform them, but it's not a dealbreaker.

I actually think that they're great, and I'm sure I'll get more.

If we look at the placeholder cards carefully, none of them are considered as formal reissues of the same "product and package".

The original line was a mix of SDF TV and DYRL, but the new one seems to indicate it is all from SDF TV.

M and M and VF-1A all come with Super packs which will not just be a mere reissue of Max's VF-1J from before.

The yellow striped VF-1S has been named as Hikaru's VF-1S, indicating it is from TV as he piloted it in the latter half. However, there are subtle differences between Roy's TV and DYRL versions.

I think with Hi Metal R, they're just going for the final form trio from SDF TV being Hikaru, Max and Milia.

Hope they will refine the mould a little. Sadly, the unreleased YF-21 may not return.

Edited by calubin_175

Mommar -- Complaining that they are fiddly and come with small parts that are "easily lost" sounds to me like a little bit of a contradiction because If those small parts were integrated into the plane the toys would be even more fiddly, and have yet more issues. Personally I don't have a problem with adult collectibles having small parts (unless it's overkill) because we're not children anymore and won't lose them at school, or whatever. I do agree that it is a little annoying to have to go back and get pieces out of the box everytime you want to transform them, but it's not a dealbreaker.

I actually think that they're great, and I'm sure I'll get more.

Just trying to temper all of the Bandai love, they were alright as Battroid Action Figures. They're not replacements for or in any way an upgrade to the larger 1/60 toys. And they most certainly will not TOP those toys, even if they did do some of it better.

Just trying to temper all of the Bandai love, they were alright as Battroid Action Figures. They're not replacements for or in any way an upgrade to the larger 1/60 toys. And they most certainly will not TOP those toys, even if they did do some of it better.

When you say you need to temper the Bandai Love it's as if you feel it's your duty to quell what you may see as Bandai Fanboism. Writing statements like this, when read by some, resembles the very same fanboism that you are trying to "temper"; just from a different camp.

Nobody ever said they were gonna be replacements or upgrades to the 1/60's. Nobody as far as I can tell has written anything that sh@ts on Yamacardia products.

Just because a macross product doesn't meet your tastes doesn't it mean it's bad for other people to like it or, god forbid, prefer them.

Edited by Duymon

I hope they do a new VF-19 that's closer to Perfect trransformation (I don't mind swapping hands, and missile bays, but having a gun pod that actually attaches, and some form of integral landing gear would be nice). Also with better wings, like the yamato VF-19 had. That and enemy mechs would be really nice.

I hope they do a new VF-19 that's closer to Perfect trransformation (I don't mind swapping hands, and missile bays, but having a gun pod that actually attaches, and some form of integral landing gear would be nice). Also with better wings, like the yamato VF-19 had. That and enemy mechs would be really nice.

I would like integral landing gear too, but the bay doors would be minuscule at that scale :(