Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

I know we have a collection display thread, and a market watch thread, but I thought we need a "Hey check out what I just bought, aren't you jelly?" thread to post your new acquisitions that might not be displayed yet!

Post macross stuff, memorabilia, other toy lines, stands ect.

Post the boxes, or the toys.. not really a thread for full collection displays.

Feel free to tell us about the deal you got too :D

Mods, let me know if it's covered else where.

Anyway, I'll get started with my newest Arrival because I'm so proud of it haha!

BPpwhhWl.jpg

WpuPTzol.jpg

iWAXuVql.jpg

Edited by Gakken85

Now we're in the swing of things!

Show your haul!!!

lancalot - nice haul man! Did you just get into macross or finally getting some pieces you needed?

skullmilitia - I need several of those! haha.

I just recent got back into macross after watching the frontier movie two months ago .... i alway had a v1 of the VF25f when it first came out .... but after watching the movie i got the tornado pack for it and a VF27 ... and from there i just got hooked into the figures as they looking so good and keep buying everything lol.... so im still building my collection :)

i also just found out about Mandrake site so my saving took a pretty good hit in the last month!!

Ha! I sent you a PM man. T'was not the only one!

Nice. I'm still thinking whether to get one or wait for arcadia's release. How much was it?

I just recent got back into macross after watching the frontier movie two months ago .... i alway had a v1 of the VF25f when it first came out .... but after watching the movie i got the tornado pack for it and a VF27 ... and from there i just got hooked into the figures as they looking so good and keep buying everything lol.... so im still building my collection :) i also just found out about Mandrake site so my saving took a pretty good hit in the last month!!

Daaammmnnn. That's a heck of a haul in just one week!

Had to chase down the mailman after he tried to get away with leaving a "We missed you!" Note on the door.

20131015_203118.jpgllo

Finally got one! Thanks to fellow forum member bahamutzyro

Haha! They do that a lot. Gotta keep a lookout on delivery day.

I really like my new delivery man. He knocks pretty loud twice and doesn't bitch about coming up the stairs haha

Haven't had delivery man experiences yet. I've heard stories though. Bad ones mainly. >< I'll get a taste of it when my 2 preorders come in december. Hopefully it's not too bad..

Not cheap, 85$ + shipping, but I desperately needed one set!

Not that bad considering the prices on the 30th anni strike packs now lol.

I was happy that I finally tracked down that Max 1J -- they were web-exclusives, so they're not easy to find. I scored a pretty decent deal on the Soundwave too. There are quite a lot of people selling their Hasbro TRU exclusive Soundwaves on eBay minus the cassettes -- I'm guessing that they had the Takara versions which only came with Laserbeak, and then bought the Hasbro versions to scavenge the rest of the cassettes. Anyway, found one on eBay that came with the box, all the accessories, and Laserbeak, and managed to win him at auction for $70.

I was happy that I finally tracked down that Max 1J -- they were web-exclusives, so they're not easy to find. I scored a pretty decent deal on the Soundwave too. There are quite a lot of people selling their Hasbro TRU exclusive Soundwaves on eBay minus the cassettes -- I'm guessing that they had the Takara versions which only came with Laserbeak, and then bought the Hasbro versions to scavenge the rest of the cassettes. Anyway, found one on eBay that came with the box, all the accessories, and Laserbeak, and managed to win him at auction for $70.

what the scale of the hi-metal? that a great deal for MP soundwave

Go ahead and post my delivery today:

UHKcbWrl.jpg

Been an awesome week for me for toys :D

The Low viz is still taped and unopened! 250 shipped for a MISB low viz is pretty fuggin amazing haha.

The Alert is MISB, I got it for $115 shipped from a place in the states. It's a C3 Chinese (legit) version, but I was able to get the sticker off.

Edited by Gakken85

what the scale of the hi-metal? that a great deal for MP soundwave

The hi-metal line is 1/00 scale. They're small, but excellent toys. I wouldn't say that they are better than the Yamato/Arcadia valks -- after all, they are pretty small -- but they do have certain features that put them above Yamato valks in some ways. I think they have the best battroid mode in terms of articulation and posability, and I prefer the way they implemented the shoulder transformation mechanism over Yamato's.

That said, they are not 100% perfect transformation. You have to swap out the canopy cover, and the landing gears are not integrated. Also given their size relative to a Yamato 1/60, they are hard to find at a reasonable price. I got mine for 6,000 yen at Mandarake before shipping.

So far I just got;

YF-29 w Super Parts

(I just bought these below online and are on their way.)

DX VB-6 Normal ver

1/60 VF-1S DYRL Roy with SSP (GAH i hope shoulders are OK)

Others

Robot Damashii Eureka 7 Devilfish (with my VF-1S)

TRU MP Soundwave & MP Prowl (Got them already, but I'm lazy to take some pics :p)

Trying to sell more of my stuff so I could get others

No pics yet, but I recently got:

A VF-25F renewal+Super+Armor parts (got a really good price for the set)

th_IMG_20131017_045127.jpg

Yamato v2 VF-1A Max/Kakizaki TV (thanks close313)

4 Action Base 00 stands (grey) from the recent Gundam Expo in Singapore

4 B2Y Action Base 00-Yamato stand adapters from Shapeways

Edit: added pic

Edited by barurutor