Animated cartoon "Macross 30" TV production hope!

Mari-ja

That was totally sierra hotel. +100 points.

Holy crap. I've seen bits and peices of the pachinko game in low-res, but holy $hit, this stuff is awesome. Do the animations follow SDF Macross through the entire story? I wonder how Fokker dies in this series..

....thanks for posting by the way...

Awesome stuff. It must have cost a pretty penny to make this! I assume the Pachinko game must be rather popular then?

Nah, it's more like Satelight is owned by Sankyo, a Pachinko company, so they can throw tons of cash at the Macross franchise if they want. They did the same thing with Aquarion.

I've uploaded the best 2 videos I found

http://goo.gl/rIxrQ

Password: mw2011

Thanks for the upload.

Nah, it's more like Satelight is owned by Sankyo, a Pachinko company, so they can throw tons of cash at the Macross franchise if they want. They did the same thing with Aquarion.

Pachinko must be one hell of a good business then. I mean throwing money at Macross is one thing, but Aquarion?

Enter the password will not be answered through

It's the password of the winrar compressed file, I've checked it, and it works.

If it doesn't work for you, maybe your downloaded file is corrupt.

Thanks for the upload.

You're welcome :)

Edited by Gian

Really hope they do something for the 30th anniversary and with a new macross usually comes some new music. Here's wishing they do some heavy metal music like Metallica or some experimental music .

Thanks man, they worked great!

Cool!

I realized that banda1 visu4l has been causing the deletion of these videos from youtube, so it's better to keep them safe.

Edited by Gian

Cool!

I realized that banda1 visu4l has been causing the deletion of these videos from youtube, so it's better to keep them safe.

Pachinko videos? I guess Bandai Visuals legal department has a lot of spare time on their hands then.

The latest Original Anniversary Macross 30?? Satelight, inc.

Outflow of material in China Macross fan site?

Macross 30周年的设定稿????

一切不明!!!!

根据设定稿日期和编号显示

设定跨度从3月到5月

所以还有很多

作为主角的 一条辉 的设定日期是5月

所以应该还在设定ing...

推论:

MF 07年7月在NT上公布设定稿,宣布制作决定

08年4月放送,制作期9个月

如果加上前期设定时间

这个进度大致可以排到明年10月的Macross 30周年

SO......

这是 Minmay~~

日期:2011年03月27日,编号:02-02

24582_2e73e01e66f381afcb207f32a4c95003.jpg

这是宇宙用战斗服。。。

日期:2011年05月01日,编号:01-06

24582_4a27e884e5b2aacf95273acdd6b76267.jpg

这张是Max的

后面隐约可以看到一个穿裙子的女孩子,未沙?

日期:2011年03月16日,编号:05-02

24582_c3ca6a0ee34303cf7c10917ad2c564cd.jpg

E.M.B.S - 主题:【110606】【速】「超时空要塞Macross」,30周年设定稿??????- From the content of this bulletin board・・・ 

惑星伊甸site (Expression site registration)

http://www.macross.c...lk.do?tid=38609

This is an illustration written only for the animated cartoon besides last year's pachinko Macross. ?

Edited by Mari-ja

The newer the Macross, the less I like it. I'd rather stay reasonably happy with what's out there than have it ruined by Protochlorions or whatever. They kinda did it already with Sound Energy & the warp stones... I really don't want to venture any further past that. (I like M7 & Frontier... but those parts were pretty big strikes against both)

Though, it could lead to more mecha pr0n... hmmm

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I hope they release SOMETHING for the 30th. After Frontier I've been craving more Macross. I can't wait for the 2nd Macross F movie. Maybe there will be something on the DVD that hints to a Macross The First animation?

Just a question: Are "Macross Ace" and "Macross The First" the same thing?

Also I'd like to as this here. During my first run through of the Macross series I was told that Macross 7 was barely worth my time and that Frontier was the way to go. Well I certainly didn't regret watching Frontier.

But while recently rewatching Macross F, I realized that the authors of the series actually consider Macross 7 and the Protodevlin as cannon(they were mentioned in Frontier).

You see I did some research on M7 and decided it wasn't going provide what I want from the series. Do any of you recommend watching 7 at all?

Edited by Crucio

I hope they release SOMETHING for the 30th. After Frontier I've been craving more Macross. I can't wait for the 2nd Macross F movie. Maybe there will be something on the DVD that hints to a Macross The First animation?

Also I'd like to as this here. During my first run through of the Macross series I was told that Macross 7 was barely worth my time and that Frontier was the way to go. Well I certainly didn't regret watching Frontier.

But while recently rewatching Macross F, I realized that the authors of the series actually consider Macross 7 and the Protodevlin as cannon(they were mentioned in Frontier).

You see I did some research on M7 and decided it wasn't going provide what I want from the series. Do any of you recommend watching 7 at all?

I really don't recommend watching M7, personally. However, it has its moments. Just be prepared to have your view of Macross skewed a little bit. If you liked the other series, go ahead and watch M7 for the enrichment. I didn't like it because I felt like it was too much like the "Power Rangers" and your typical bad 80's Saturday morning cartoons; take it with a grain of salt.

I did like some of the music, though. Totsugeki Love Heart, Submarine Street, Planet Dance, and Holy Lonely Night are my favorite tracks from that series. Yoshiki Fukuyama has a powerful singing voice, while I think Chie Kajiura is too soft to complement him.

No, Macross the First is the serialized manga retelling of the original series. Macross Ace was the (now-cancelled) magazine it was serialized in.

Ah that makes sense. However Macross The First is still ongoing correct?

I really don't recommend watching M7, personally. However, it has its moments. Just be prepared to have your view of Macross skewed a little bit. If you liked the other series, go ahead and watch M7 for the enrichment. I didn't like it because I felt like it was too much like the "Power Rangers" and your typical bad 80's Saturday morning cartoons; take it with a grain of salt.

I did like some of the music, though. Totsugeki Love Heart, Submarine Street, Planet Dance, and Holy Lonely Night are my favorite tracks from that series. Yoshiki Fukuyama has a powerful singing voice, while I think Chie Kajiura is too soft to complement him.

Yeah, I think I'll pass, I kinda read up on it a little and knowing the story at the level I do seems to be enough.

Also I do agree about some of the music. In Macross F, a couple of Fire Bomber's songs were featured as Ozma Lee themes. Those were OK.

M7 splits the Macross fanbase. Personally, I love it. The problem is that it starts kind of slow and doesn't really get 'really' good until after some 10-15 chapters. And of course, if you don't get into Fire Bomber's music it'll be hard to enjoy it. But if you do, you'll find yourself sating BOMBA! a lot.:D

M7 splits the Macross fanbase. Personally, I love it. The problem is that it starts kind of slow and doesn't really get 'really' good until after some 10-15 chapters. And of course, if you don't get into Fire Bomber's music it'll be hard to enjoy it. But if you do, you'll find yourself sating BOMBA! a lot.:D

This.

I fuly reccomend watching Macross 7, hater's gonna hate, but most detractors of the series tend to be Macross non-anime fans in general (meaning they don't watch much other than Macross).

If you've seen and enjoyed shows like Gurren Lagann, then you'll be fine with Macross 7.

I fuly reccomend watching Macross 7, hater's gonna hate, but most detractors of the series tend to be Macross non-anime fans in general (meaning they don't watch much other than Macross).

If you've seen and enjoyed shows like Gurren Lagann, then you'll be fine with Macross 7.

Actually Gurren Lagann is a pretty good example when I think about it. Basara and Kamina would totally understand each other :D

Actually Gurren Lagann is a pretty good example when I think about it. Basara and Kamina would totally understand each other :D

There's no way you could remotely put Gurren Lagann and Macross 7 on the same page in forms of Epicness. Macross Frontier was close. I highly doubt Macross 7 has anything on those two series.

Man that reminds of this one time at Anime Boston where two guys were trying to do a "epic moments of mecha" panel and most of their clips were bad youtube rips. They tried hyping up everything but it all felt really lame.

Then they showed the HOLY LONELY LIGHT moment from Macross 7 which was of course a bad youtube rip that didn't even use the remastered footage. I'm thinking, well I appreciate you having Macross 7 but this whole sequence makes no sense to anyone who doesn't know the context and your shitty segue isn't helping.

Like why not pick something people can understand like when Basara meets Emilia.