Macross Frontier Episode 5 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 5 Rating  

187 members have voted

1. 1. What did you think of Episode 5

• Positive (At least the girl is attractive)
    • Neutral/No Opinion
    • Negative (I would hate the taste concrete on the 1st date)

You can identify Zentrans or at least mix Zentran blood by their ears, they have pointy ears.

Regular Humans can be Macronized, Max is an example in DYRL?

You can identify Zentrans or at least mix Zentran blood by their ears, they have pointy ears.

Regular Humans can be Macronized, Max is an example in DYRL?

Ah, yes, I remember. But wasn't DYRL just a movie set in the Macross universe?

If you dont want to deal with all the spoiler tags then do the simple thing. Hold down the CTRL button then press A on the key board and browse. Spoiler tags are gone and you can be lazy and not swing your mouse around.

Enjoyed the Episode hope to get a better understanding of everything when a translation comes out. My Japanese sucks.

Same here!

I think I got the jist of what was going on from context, though, and I enjoyed the episode. I liked the tour of the colony ship; it was cool to take a peek at "Zentradi-Town". Speaking of Zentradi, can someone clear something up for me? Mikhail Buran is a Zentradi, right? Any explanation yet why he seems to be living life full-time as a micronized guy? KK seems pretty comfortable switching back and forth...

Also, why aren't there any of those electronic echo effects present when Zentradis were talking? Or is that a function of the confines of a spaceship that was making those echoes?

I thought it was their giant chest that created the echo.

Anyway, that Wiran guy mentioned by Gubaba could be our Bilra. The vowels fit, although even "nikto" in Army of Darkness was pronounced better.

FV

I really think sheryl and ranka are sisters and they are descendants from sara and mao nome who in fact have the adn blood compatible for the aphos what is the principal weapon of the protoculture against the varja!!!!!!

I think the 24-hour cutoff has passed, so...I'm assuming the captured Vajra simply folded out of the tank after Leon sealed it...but, yes, what was up with the thing that seemed to materialize in its "head"?

Not to mention the Minmay doll that whizzed by Ozma's head.

Oh, and the hippocow. Dude. Hippocow. :lol:

post-7714-1209749398_thumb.png

post-7714-1209749412_thumb.png

post-7714-1209749431_thumb.png

post-7714-1209749443_thumb.png

Edited by Bill C.

I think the 24-hour cutoff has passed, so...I'm assuming the captured Vajra simply folded out of the tank after Leon sealed it...but, yes, what was up with the thing that seemed to materialize in its "head"?

Not to mention the Minmay doll that whizzed by Ozma's head.

Oh, and the hippocow. Dude. Hippocow. :lol:

I don't think it folded...I think it was vaporized, but I could be wrong.

And...that third picture is TOTALLY my latest avatar! THANK YOU!

(Umm...it IS okay if I take it, isn't it...?)

Edited by Gubaba

Its not that much of a stretch to imagine that the Protoculture made the Vajra as well though we'll have to wait and see on that. Personally, my hope is that they finally meet one of these Protoculture guys and get a nice long talk on what these guys were thinking in the first place. The protoculture encounter in M7 was way too short in my opinion and left a great many things about matters other than the Protodeviln unanswered.

well, my guess is that the PC were involved with the Vajra, since the Vajra has those markings on them like the birdman?

@Kurisama yep, i also noticed the humanoid shape on that vajra... wonder if those hammerheads are similar?

Edited by Shun

Prolly the one attached to Island one IS macross 25

It is. No doubt about it :)

If you go back to the Deculture edition during the ghost fighter scene, in the command center hologram map, you can clearly see Macross 25 written above the ship currently docked to the front of Island 1.

@ raymond: the thing hanging from Alto's neck that Sheryl takes is an omamori. Think of it as a good luck charm. It has a slip of paper inside it with something written inside, like protection, good luck driving, good luck on tests, good luck piloting, etc.

@ shouta: why would the original writers need to be punched in the face for what is canon (an exception can be made on M7)?

I'm also thinking that Sheryl and Ranka can be distantly related with the Nome blood. It's possible, since Ranka has amnesia, and the Vajra have reacted to the two of them.

As for the vehicle from the Macross Galaxy fleet at the end of the episode. Just because it doesn't have visible "feet" like the majority of variable fighters in fighter mode, there's the possibility that it has a transformation more like the YF-21, where the legs in gerwalk/battroid are stored internally and are not the main points of thrust.

@ raymond: the thing hanging from Alto's neck that Sheryl takes is an omamori. Think of it as a good luck charm. It has a slip of paper inside it with something written inside, like protection, good luck driving, good luck on tests, good luck piloting, etc.

I believe sometimes it's a dried up piece of the umbilical chord that mothers keep to wish their child grows up healthy and strong. Perhaps it's the only momento Alto has of his mother?

I believe sometimes it's a dried up piece of the umbilical chord that mothers keep to wish their child grows up healthy and strong. Perhaps it's the only momento Alto has of his mother?

Woah. Never heard of that one before. Here's a wikipedia article about Omamori:

omamori

I figure that Alto's is for piloting since he's obsessed with that.

Edited by Sumdumgai

Woah. Never heard of that one before. Here's a wikipedia article about Omamori:

omamori

I figure that Alto's is for piloting since he's obsessed with that.

If Alto is obsessed with his omamori, he should became a priest :lol: . Maybe he likes piloting to express his freedom, after all being a Kabuki performer (and dressed like a Geisha) probably makes him feel chained to his family (or his father).

I just saw the raw version of the episode and I can't understand how NUNS managed to capture a fully working Vajra since that orginisation is full of "cowards" according to the SMS ?

Edited by Macross007

Yeah at first I thought 'huh? where did they get this one from?" Then i remembered the lobster that Ozuma stuck his knife into. Cause u see it being loaded onto a truck, it was fairly intact still.

Yeah, the big red lobster from episode 2. Yeah, make sense. But if the knife was supposed to destroy the Vajra, I don't understand how that thing can still work. NUNS found ito repair it ? Autoregeneration system ?

:lol: Red lobster. :lol:

Edited by Macross007

Yeah, the big red lobster from episode 2. Yeah, make sense. But if the knife was supposed to destroy the Vajra, I don't understand how that thing can still work. NUNS found ito repair it ? Autoregeneration system ?

:lol: Red lobster. :lol:

Dude, that clearly was a Bacta Tank... :unsure:

I seem to recall someone already pointed out that the knife attack not only hurt the Vajra but bled it out. In contrast, Mikhails sniper rilfe destroyed the Vajra's head, but effectively cauterized the wound, allowing the body to continue functioning for a short time. Also, since the Vajra are biological in some manner, perhaps pain played a part.

I seem to recall someone already pointed out that the knife attack not only hurt the Vajra but bled it out. In contrast, Mikhails sniper rilfe destroyed the Vajra's head, but effectively cauterized the wound, allowing the body to continue functioning for a short time. Also, since the Vajra are biological in some manner, perhaps pain played a part.

I would really disagree with that assessment. In the scene where the lobster gets stabbed, sure there's lots of blood but it only gushes for a second or two, hardly enough time to bleed out and the other scene where alto goes back to the battle scene and throws up, there's an aerial shot of the area and no giant pool of blood and in the following scene where they're packing up the body there's a shot of the ground and still no blood. I don't think the lobster bled out at all.

As for the mikhail sniper shot, the head exploded and fell off. You can see where the shot burned a hole in the head, but the head itself was torn away from the body. The neck cavity shouldn't have been cauterized by that shot.

No, I think the lobsters are like bugs... heads are useful but not exactly necessary for life.

So the only dead red lobster is the one Alto shot at point blank range then, and its aimed at a point that looks like the BFG energy capacitor. I wonder why NUNS didn't dissect the lobster, instead they preserved it in a formalin for a freak show :blink:

So the only dead red lobster is the one Alto shot at point blank range then, and its aimed at a point that looks like the BFG energy capacitor. I wonder why NUNS didn't dissect the lobster, instead they preserved it in a formalin for a freak show :blink:

Dude, didn't you see Gunbuster? You always put big space monsters in tanks.

Dude, didn't you see Gunbuster? You always put big space monsters in tanks.

:blink: Somehow you give me impression that at one point Ranka will call Sheryl "oneesama" and they went out in two separate VF which combine becoming GUN-MACROSS......

Indeed. Anyone who's played an X-COM game knows that your first priority is to reverse-engineer the alien BFG and start building them yourself. Apparently, they forgot how to do that after the initial research done on the ASS-1

Indeed. Anyone who's played an X-COM game knows that your first priority is to reverse-engineer the alien BFG and start building them yourself. Apparently, they forgot how to do that after the initial research done on the ASS-1

I think they did, they remove the BFG.

pic:

post-653-1209784763_thumb.png

Edited by Morpheus

great episode, as always. :)

it was a nice change of pace to see a zentraedi community. and the interaction between alto and sheryl is captivating. while it has not yet developed fully, their chemistry strengtens my belief that they'll end up at the end. i love ranka to death, but i think it's gonna be sheryl. and sheryl is far more interesting so far (character-wise, not plot wise, coz this early we can already surmise that ranka is more important to the general plot).

hey, and i LOVE klan klein in this episode. while i found her chibi form adorable, her full zentraedi form is downright hot and beautiful. where's the klan klein love?? :)

can't wait for the subbed! :)