Macross Frontier Episode 5 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 5 Rating  

187 members have voted

1. 1. What did you think of Episode 5

• Positive (At least the girl is attractive)
    • Neutral/No Opinion
    • Negative (I would hate the taste concrete on the 1st date)

The concept doesn't apply exactly to the PD only.

On the [aforementioned] scientifically advanced planet, trial production of the "Evil Series" for final tests is begun. Seven Evil Series weapons of seven types including a highly mobile, humanoid "Sivil" for search-and-destroy functions and a super-scale, high-powered "Glavil" for fleet warfare are completed. The Evil Series tests are begun, but at the same time biological super dimension organs overload and extradimensional energy is released. The Evil Series' bodies are occupied by the spiritual energy life form from the sub-universe and thus creating, from the massive fighting capability of the Evil Series and the enormous potential of the spiritial energy, beings with extraordinary fighting ability and a coveting for life energy, "Spiritia." They covet Spiritia in order to continue existing as extra-dimensional beings in this universe. They begin invading the surrounding planets and systems using spaceships and weapons of people from the scientifically advanced planet that they brainwashed. (They later become known as the Supervision Army).

Btw, someone mentioned something about the plane above the high school not looking quite like a VF-1.. In most shots it's a little distorted, but you can definitely make out the shape and even some markings in the opening.

Oh, it is a VF-1, but its drawn so poorly in almost all of the shots, you can pass it off for something else (in other words, get it released in NA without HG bitching about it).

Okay. The previews for #6 clearly

identifies the SMS ship as the one transformed in the OP.

If so then WHAT is the ship connected to Island-One? I thought THAT was Macross 25.

That fighter from M-Galaxy doesn't look like it can transform... no legs (might have been shot down though

:p)

Sheryl suddenly getting some inspiration - probably gonna write a new song about zentradi? U know when Sheryl gets determined to do something, she will just throw everything aside and do what she wants to. I love all the songs so far, will be great if they release more songs!

I think Ranka got suspended from school for taking part in Miss Macross F? Ozma got to know that Ranka was in that contest and he didn't have good impression of it (was it because of Cathy? she was a runner-up... :unsure: ). I think Ozma said that it was not possible for Ranka to win, and she got very upset and ran off.

BTW, notice many students actually recognize Ranka from that contest, so despite her failing to win it, she might really have that natural charisma or X-factor in her to make it big as a celeb. Even the bridge bunnies liked her ;)

I'm guessing that Ozma wasn't happy about Ranka being in the contest for the same reason Leon scotched her chances of winning, whatever that may be (if that is indeed what Leon did...I think so, but it's still an open question...).

Okay. The previews for #6 clearly

identifies the SMS ship as the one transformed in the OP.

If so then WHAT is the ship connected to Island-One? I thought THAT was Macross 25.

It may still be. We don't know what the SMS ship is called.

I'm guessing that Ozma wasn't happy about Ranka being in the contest for the same reason Leon scotched her chances of winning, whatever that may be (if that is indeed what Leon did...I think so, but it's still an open question...).

Ranka got booted out of her school. She'll be transferring to Alto's school.

On the [aforementioned] scientifically advanced planet, trial production of the "Evil Series" for final tests is begun. Seven Evil Series weapons of seven types including a highly mobile, humanoid "Sivil" for search-and-destroy functions and a super-scale, high-powered "Glavil" for fleet warfare are completed. The Evil Series tests are begun, but at the same time biological super dimension organs overload and extradimensional energy is released. The Evil Series' bodies are occupied by the spiritual energy life form from the sub-universe and thus creating, from the massive fighting capability of the Evil Series and the enormous potential of the spiritial energy, beings with extraordinary fighting ability and a coveting for life energy, "Spiritia." They covet Spiritia in order to continue existing as extra-dimensional beings in this universe. They begin invading the surrounding planets and systems using spaceships and weapons of people from the scientifically advanced planet that they brainwashed. (They later become known as the Supervision Army).

You're a stronger man than I, Duke Togo...these days, if someone wants to believe it's spirita, I just let 'em. They'll be proven wrong eventually anyways.

Unless the rumor takes on a life of its own, like that annoying fallacy about Asuka, Rei, and Misato all smooshed together in the End of Evangelion...

Watched the ep a 2nd time... it seems that Sheryl was pulling a quick one on Alto, She noticed first Alto's dog-tag and needed something to extort him to go along with her for the day so she feinted that arousal scene with the celphone to snatch Alto's necklace. Ah women, so conniving yet so brilliant.

Unless it was animator error, Sheryl grabbed Alto's dog-tag later on in the episode. I noticed the cord was still around Alto's neck when they came out of the locker.

Edited by Beltane70

From what I catch from that episode,

Ranka is expelled from her school (an all girl school) which IMO have a very strict regulation about student attending there. Ranka will transfer to Alto school, in his class to be precisely.

I think MW forum are being invaded by Gubaba , ever think to change your nick name to Tribbles instead? :lol: They're the same flurry animal. j/k.

Triticale is the way to go!!

Anyway, the civilian outfit that KK dons is a lot nicer than her jumpsuit;

honestly, her mammaries looked like life support systems or something, jeez..

I agree, KK is far less ridiculous in this episode... actually, she's not at all.

I think MW forum are being invaded by Gubaba , ever think to change your nick name to Tribbles instead? :lol: They're the same flurry animal. j/k.

I'm really excited about MF, and yet none of my friends are watching it...that is my tragedy.

Stuff

Did someone throw some fanfiction at you? =x

Anyway, that blobby reminded me of Spiritia but my idea is probably a lot less wacky than some of the stuff I've seen around about how you could fit the crazy stuff in Mac7 into Frontier. I mean really, I love Macross 7 but trying to fit anything from that show into another without watering it down is like trying to get a grizzly bear into a tutu, really difficult and possibly bloody.

I have this feeling the plot will go a bit of the way I'm thinking, not entirely but a bit.

What confused me was why Sheryl had to go panty grabbing to write something down, when Alto apparently had paper handy already to make his planes like always. Maybe that'll be explained in the dialog later, but didn't make sense yet.

Sheryl don't take no charity from nobody. She kidnaps--- err, I mean, acquires her own man, writes her own songs on stuff she scavenges for herself, makes her own life, etc.

Oh on another note, it seems Sheryl's last name isn't Nome but Norm. A mag scan lists it as Norm and going back to check the first ep's promotional materials for Sheryl's visit(screens/posters/etc in the show), it's shown as Norm.

Edited by Shouta

Oh on another note, it seems Sheryl's last name isn't Nome but Norm. A mag scan lists it as Norm and going back to check the first ep's promotional materials for Sheryl's visit(screens/posters/etc in the show), it's shown as Norm.

Its also shown as Nome in about thousand places. :)

No, its called the Macross Compendium. And that history is canon. :)

http://macross.anime.net/wiki/Before_1_BC

Gawd, whoever originally wrote that stuff needs to be punched in the face. Stupid JP writers. >=O

Anyway, my theory is this:

Based on what's happened so far, I think the Vajra themselves are controlled by an energy created by singing, hence my comment about Spiritia. Instructions are programmed through song and last awhile until the energy fades. The singing by Ranka (and probably Sheryl), attracts the Vajra. So when they start, the Vajra home in on them. It would explain why the Vajra wakes up from Ranka's singing and it would include Mac7's "music actually has an instant physical affect on things!" craziness.

Its also shown as Nome in about thousand places. smile.gif

Which makes it more evil. What's true, what's not? ARGGGH

Edited by Shouta

Its also shown as Nome in about thousand places. :)

On the CD single art it's Nome:

516XTh8vl3L._SS500_.jpg

Has to be more to it than just singing, or the Varja would be constantly attacking. Its just unclear, really. There is a puzzle piece or two we really need to see first before we can really nail it down.

Including a magazine scan.

Yeah, then there's this. I wish these people would make up their mind. Or at least higher someone to make sure it's consistent, they use so much English in anime nowadays. =|

http://file.isin.blog.shinobi.jp/903389c1.jpeg

Has to be more to it than just singing, or the Varja would be constantly attacking. Its just unclear, really. There is a puzzle piece or two we really need to see first before we can really nail it down.

Oh, definitely. I did say it'd be a bit of what I thought.

Edited by Shouta

The M7 throwback was great though , some of the poses are so reminiscent of Minmay and Mylene it's almost unnerving... Is it just me, or does the guy on drums look like Basara in his 40s?

The folding effect for MF is sightly disappointing though, but that's been true for all the Macross series...

About the Norm/Nome thing, just compare kana and solve it once and for all. If it's the same, then it really shouldn't matter since precedent has been set with M0.

Edited by foolworm

Prolly the one attached to Island one IS macross 25 from the New Macross Class series of combat ship similar to macross 7 and battle 7.

SMS battleship/carrier would prolly be a new class of combat ship that's under going combat tests and about to fielded(?) I mean SMS already got the VF-25s might as well test the the combat ships that's gonna carry em right?

similar to the GATX- series and Archangel from SEED.

Edited by Koing Monster