Bandai Macross Frontier toys thread

valhary

The price is just what I'd expect from Bandai.

Do you guys think they'll include the Fast Packs?

Depends on what features will be included with the Fast packs I guess.

I really don't think we'll get the fully armored Ozma Valk that cheap though.

New pics up on GA Graphic

http://ga.sbcr.jp/mreport/010310/

It's Still a rapid prototype model, but at least you can rest assured that the cockpit hinge is gone. Also, a price; 12600 yen.

Still hoping that the knee breaks forward more in Gerwalk mode for properly canted chicken legs, but it's looking rather nice I think.

The pointy knee cap armor is suppose to move forward (hinged at the bottom) so it can be posed like in the anime. There's a line art on the 1/72 model page that shows this. I'm pretty sure it will be incorporated into the final design.

I wish someone can take some close ups of those line art.

Damn, why no pictures of fighter mode??

Edited by badboy00z

Yeah the VF-25S does look a little strange, but if you think about it, 11 eps in and we have not seen Ozma's VF-25S onscreen even once without a super or armor pack. The closest we got to seeing his valk without any armor is when he dumped his boosters from his super pack in ep. 3, but he still had the rest on. My ultimate plan is to get either the VF-25S or F (haven't decided but I'm leaning to S) and a Super pack when those come out. Despite the fact that the S is so commonly seen with the armor pack, I prefer the look of the super pack a lot more overall. However maybe someday I could get the armor set as well... it's all money issue to me.

K, now I'm confused...

There are the kits which are 1/72? (Do they transform?)

Then there are the DX in 1/60? Which have die-cast.

Now is there another lot of toys in 1/72?

No, the 1/60 DX is the only toy from Bandai. The 1/72s are models from Bandai as well but they are perfect transformation.

The side view Gerwalk pic worries me.

On the underside of the nose, below the cockpit, there is a noticable gap and an ugly looking IMO curved (radiused) section See attached pic.

I really hope Bandai improves this before production.

This is obviously done to allow that part of the nose to hinge, but IMO if properly designed, such a large obvious gap should not be necessary.

Yamato had a similar ugly gap on the nose hinge of the 1/72 scale YF-19, but that was back in 1999! Since then Yamato have proved with the 1/48 and all subsequent 1/60 VFs (especially the YF-19, SV-51 and YF-21), that with proper design, you can completely eliminate this type of visually unappealing gap.

If Yamato can do it, I'm sure that Bandai can.

Graham

post-11-1214130981_thumb.jpg

On the underside of the nose, below the cockpit, there is a noticable gap and an ugly looking IMO curved (radiused) section See attached pic.

This is obviously done to allow that part of the nose to hinge, but IMO if properly designed, such a large obvious gap should not be necessary.

Yamato had a similar ugly gap on the nose hinge of the 1/72 scale YF-19, but that was back in 1999! Since then Yamato have proved with the 1/48 and all subsequent 1/60 VFs (especially the YF-19, SV-51 and YF-21), that with proper design, you can completely eliminate this type of visually unappealing gap.

Graham

There are bigger gaps in the thigh in battroid and no one is complaining about that?? I'm sure there's nothing to worry about.

Hmmmm. Guess we'll have to just keep observing the process and hope that Bandai is getting feedback from critical fans somehow so that they can continue to refine the VF-25 toy.

Yamato: clip the upper body of the yf-19 to the rest of the toy. Side covers for all 1/60s as default accessories.

Bandai: eliminate gaps.

Those are the only two on the list so far?

Someone should email both companies. Like carbon copy of the same message. Then hopefully they can listen to all the advice and not have to repeat the mistakes that the other company already corrected years ago.

Even if they don't respond, if enough people keep bothering about it, they are bound to be pressured to do something if they think its a serious enough issue to work on.

But nice to see the hinge on the canopy is gone.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Graham

Does Bandai Want to do it that's the question.

I really hope Bandai makes the 4 sensors on the nose (located ahead of the cockpit) out of transluscent plastic, rather than just having them painted on.

Yamato have done this with the nose sensors on all their recent releases (VF-0, YF-19, SV-51, YF-21), so there is no reason why Bandai can't.

Graham

Anyone have any idea what these will weigh? Are they going to be heavy and full of diecast?

I certainly hope not. Die cast metal is a major no no in my book for transforming toys, except where absolutely necessary for strength, for example swing bars.

Graham

The 1/60 DX is definitely looking better and better in the latest pics.

I hope Bandai is working on the Armored pack for the Ozma VF-25S. I hope they don't just intend to supply the Super Pack for both the Alto VF-25F and Ozma VF-25S.

Still no news about the 1/100?

Graham