Yamato 1/60 YF-21 News & Pics

Graham

macplus_art.jpg

The 11b sure is sweet. But i am glad i'm getting the sweeter YF-21 released first! :p

But like... Yamato totally have to release the VF-11b..... Yamato will make a killing with the extra parts.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

The 11b sure is sweet. But i am glad i'm getting the sweeter YF-21 released first! :p

But like... Yamato totally have to release the VF-11b..... Yamato will make a killing with the extra parts.

:o:) Wow! nice pic Ruskii! Never seen it before, thanks for posting it!

Edited by Dante74

From the Macross Plus book descriptions on the main page of Macross World if you want to know where i stole it from. :p

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/books/macplus_art.jpg

Saw it before, as i was researching up some books info, trying to figure out which one to buy..

I was missing an art book (as in not having one) for Macross Plus (grabbed the movie version)

and i needed a Macross 7 book (got the M7 TIA and the Macross Girl book *should be good*)

and a couple of other ones, Ikki Tousen, and an EVA Asuka Movie Art book.

I just spent around 300 aussie on art books today.... now i'm complete... and broke! I figure that was my SV-51 fund.

Got all the series covered now (like one or 2 important books for each series), and MZero never had one so thats that.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I see Daves point on the 21, but agree with others that the 19 also transforms petty differently.

maybe its the 'shellformer' point i dislike about the 21. the legs are spindly and ahve the belly plates there on the hips which bugs me. The head has a muhcmore limited field of vision due to the design, the cockpit is more epposed etc etc....Its justa different animal, and one Im not as fond of. Not bad, just not for me.

the lack of vision shield of the yf21 head is corrected by many cams systems.(as we can see in first mac+ ova when technicians made check of the different visions spectrum)

So the yf21 cokcpit is already reinforced ( this is not a simple glass like on the yf19)

the pilot is surely protected as well as a vf11 pilot with headshield.

I agree that it is very different of all the other valks because arms and legs are not apparent, but it may be a better protection for essential battroid parts.

ah, so they are. Thanks for the clarification.

No prob, man :) It's a very small detail, which I missed the first few times around too. I actually didn't notice until watching the movie edition DVD a few years back. Damn "Mangle" version of the Macross Plus OVA is soooo dark, you can't see jack :)

I wonder how long it will be before we might see some more CAD images? Mabey sombody with some contacts at Yamato might be willing to ask if they'll allow us to see a bit more? ^_^

I wonder how long it will be before we might see some more CAD images? Mabey sombody with some contacts at Yamato might be willing to ask if they'll allow us to see a bit more? ^_^

I doubt we'll see more of this project except when it's close to being finished.

I doubt we'll see more of this project except when it's close to being finished.

I know, but it never hurts to ask :)

If we got pics, people in Japan would get pissed that us foreigners got first dibs on pics before they did and would complain to Yamato. :p

Well that would be a first... our Jap brothers complaining that is. Yamato seems to get little or no complaints from them.

So as they say..

Thanks. ^_^

There's lots of MacZero art in Kawamori's Design Works, maybe they didn't have enough material to fill a whole book

Yeah but a whole book dedicated to Macross Plus (especially the movie) is what i was after.

Speaking of which when does everyone think Kawamori will bring out another of his sexy art books out?

I got all of them, and they are just so awesome. I still need a coffee table with a special book holder (to hold vertically

maybe) to place them on. :p Especially the Valkyrie Art Works by Tenjin Kidetaka. That one i will lay flat on the table.

Speaking of coffee tables... what happened to General Mayhem's TV Helmet he was 'so' going to make?

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Guest sh002

I don't like the idea of removable limbs because somewhere there would probably have to be a noticeable release button for them. Not to mention compromises and other things that would happen if it had removable limbs. A normal YF-21 with your own screwdriver to customize it is fine with me.

I agree with that as well. The whole removable limbs never really appealed to me and it is more things that could mess up the overall product. Most of you are custom geniuses and all of us can turn a screw driver so I think it would be just fine if they don't add that particular gimmick into the valk.

Nice meeting you guys, I just registered because I wanted to get the latest scoops on our favorite bird! Honestly the detacheable limbs like in the OVA would be something worthy. Since it is one of the more memorable parts in Macross Plus where Guld falls from the sky and jettisons the limbs to fight the X-9. I believe the SHE YF-21 had a detacheable limb feautre and had the port covers underneath the YF-21. So I do believe it is possible for Yamato to make it. Its like how Yamato made the SV-51 telescoping neck function (perhaps a weak example), but small things like that did not go unnoticed to Yamato, they included it.

I have some pictures from http://nosutaru.fc2web.com/MACROSS/%82x%82.../1-72YF-21.html , but do you think Yamato would make it more aggressive like Hasegawa's YF-21? (NOTE THIS IS THE HASEGAWA 1/72 KIT)

post-5612-1185967839_thumb.jpg post-5612-1185968567_thumb.jpg post-5612-1185967858_thumb.jpgpost-5612-1185969291_thumb.jpg

Just like in those hasegawa kits, the Gun Pods are sort of flush and of the same color unlike how Yamato made the 1/72 YF-21 FP set with grey gun pods, but thats more of the style I wish to see.

post-5612-1185968631_thumb.jpgpost-5612-1185968645_thumb.jpg post-5612-1185968749_thumb.jpg

Those are the Resin 1/72 YF-21 kits source: http://park1.wakwak.com/~jasshy/yf21.html

Like how the resin kit shows the detached limbs I believe it would make a great extra feature.

Only other things I wish maybe Yamato will do with thier new YF-21 is if they can make the missile bay hatches for the micro missiles. Thats the one thing I always rarely see on any 1/60 Macross series. If only there was a missile bay hatch that opens up to reveal the micro missile lined up inside the belly or side, that would just make my day to recreate the scene when Guld fires off all his missiles at Isamu. :rolleyes: No? sigh~ :(

Other features I guess should be made with the YF-21 is a display stand, detailed cockpit, detailed landing gears/bay doors, and clear red plastic parts used on the cameras and the front laser cannon (I'd be happy if those light up!).

Hayabusa

Welcome to Macross World Hayabusha!

I'm really hoping for detachable limbs as well. Not as part of any transformation, but just as an added feature for recreating the anime action. I agree it would make for a fine addition and would be quite simple to achieve. I'm not sure micro-missile bays would be a likely feature, but I too am hoping for a fully detailed cockpit with pilot figure. It would be very cool if they also had that bracing apparatus on the top inner side of the cockpit that would restrain the pilot figure when the cockpit is closed. That would be great!

Put it this way, if the detachable limbs work but still manage to keep the poses nice and tight and upright, I'm all for it. If it turns into a pile of scrap that can't even lean on all fours, then forget it. Yes the feature is cool, but I'm just worried that it will compromise the design.

Edited by kensei

Put it this way, if the detachable limbs work but still manage to keep the poses nice and tight and upright, I'm all for it. If it turns into a pile of scrap that can't even lean on all fours, then forget it. Yes the feature is cool, but I'm just worried that it will compromise the design.

Hmmm, a valid concern I suppose. I'm not sure either way. Still, I'd be willing to take a chance on detachable limbs for the new YF-21.

I wonder how the yf-21's hands will look like...

I hope it aint them chicken hands~

I bet theyre gonna be grey hands with blue hand pads. or are they grey ? the 1/72's hand pads are grey though...

What I do hope from them though, is that they make the nose-cockpit area as slender as could be ala the Hasegawa bcause I dont think there will be that much mechanisms around that area. I dont really care about the back of the fighter. Just make it looks good & stable in all three modes and Ill be Yamato-ed ^_^-_-

As for detachable limbs...I guess they can make it work by designing limbs that can be screwed to the upper parts of the limbs that are attached to the body. But I still think its a bad idea as screws tend to screw the toys over time (I mean the thread will wear off and we'll be left with a floppy mess ala the Koenig or the 1/60 YF-21)...better make them permanently attached to the body to reduce the headache

Edited by aaajin

Guest sh002

Nice pics of the 1/72 resin kit. Looks pretty thin in fighter mode. Something like that in 1/60 scale frm Yamato would be good.

...do you think Yamato would make it more aggressive like Hasegawa's YF-21?

Not likely. The Hasegawa kit looks really good, but it's longer and thinner that the canon designs. Yamato tends to lean toward more accurate proportions. The hasegawa would also have alot of proportion problems if it was able to transform.

Not likely. The Hasegawa kit looks really good, but it's longer and thinner that the canon designs. Yamato tends to lean toward more accurate proportions. The hasegawa would also have alot of proportion problems if it was able to transform.

hihi

I agree with you

it is just impossible to make it accurate that way !

And lets not forget that the yf-21 has too much anime magic for the transformation

the proto would be interesting to see

but a long time we will have to wait

^_^

Putting the missile bay hatches would be a bad idea, IMO. It'll reduce the amount of space useable for more important things like storing the legs in fighter mode. If they made it so you could remove the surface plate there and replace it with an opened version with micro missiles, like the legs of the 1/60 Q-rau I'd be fine with it.

I want that bird to be sleek and mean looking. :)

addition: Remember the 1/100 VF-0 Yamato was going to do? Remember everyones' reactions to that idea? Yeah, a non-perfect transformation YF-21 wouldn't be very well received.

Edited by Sumdumgai

anyone willing to sacrifice perfect transformation for the sake of better proportions should simply go and buy a model kit.

removable limbs is teh sucks.

No offense, but I don't see too many people here arguing that particular point in the case of the new Yamato 1/60 YF-21. It's more an anime feature that many of us are hoping is included, a feature which Japanese manufacturers are known for including in their products. It's not a deal breaker of course, but I'm personally hoping Yamato can include this feature without any significant problems in the final product.

Putting the missile bay hatches would be a bad idea, IMO. It'll reduce the amount of space useable for more important things like storing the legs in fighter mode. If they made it so you could remove the surface plate there and replace it with an opened version with micro missiles, like the legs of the 1/60 Q-rau I'd be fine with it.

I want that bird to be sleek and mean looking. :)

Ah! I wasn't asking for a huge internal missile bay like those on the real F-22s, but a more flat compartment just to show the micro missile lined up like a honeycomb. So I don't think it should take up any space at all for a 1/60. I'm guesing maybe the thickness of the missile platform part to be around 3~4mm tall so it wouldn't take up any space for the legs.

Sigh~! I really hope Yamato will make this bird not chunky like the 1/72! It must look flat, fast, and fantastic! ^_^

For some reason, I am also thinking that YF-21 should be able to jettison it's limbs.

To find out whether YF-21 can do this is my great concern right now.

I really don't see why not though, as someone already achieved this in 1/72 resin kit and that kit looks great to me.

Considering 1/60 YF-19 got much sleeker than its 1/72 counterpart, I too think we might have a winner here.

meh, i'm not against the idea, but I honestly don't get why so many people are getting hung up on this. I find the stowage of the gunpods and internal missile bays far more interesting then the detachable limbs, which is an easy enough mode if someone is so inclined.

It's just a novelty really, but if you're building the defacto uber-toy for the YF-21 (like all the other large-scale Yamato's have been), then why not include detachable limbs?

Well, I can think of a few reasons, extra stress on the already thin limbs being the main reason. But again, I'm not against it, I'm just at a loss why so many people are so fixated on it. To each their own, personally I think the yf-21 looks damn sad, like a gutted fish without its limbs so I have little to no interest in the gimmick.