Transformers Super Thread 5

I'm amazed that got licensing approval for the damaged 2009--we all know how anal the companies were about even breaking up the panel lines for Alternators, and many companies won't license a "damaged" version of their cars for video games nor toys.

I loathe Hasbro's 'battle damage' paint applications. They always look more like factory mistakes.

Where do you think the idea came from? Haha i kid kid.

But i have to agree their battle damage paint apps. are nothing to really look forward to. I'm not really too much a fan of battle damage paint apps. period, unless they're done exceptionally well and i've never really seen that except by some of the good customizers we've got in the community.

Edited by Veritas

I got my Pepsi Optimus Prime in the mail today. I think maybe I should have spent a little more to get the Takara Pepsi Convoy, but on the other hand, I'm just giddy to have him. I never had a G1 Prime before, but I had Ultra Magnus... with his trailer/armor on, he was kind of a crappy toy, but I loved turning the cab into "White Optimus." Pepsi Prime brings back all those sweet memories... I seriously think I'm going to have to get the next G1 Prime/Convoy they release.

yeah, I don't like the "battle damage" look either. And how can you call that battle damage when all it looks like is a dirty car? How lame is that? If it's battle damaged, I wanna see broken parts, dented doors, scratches, raw metal showing from the cuts, etc...

Is Hasbro continuing the 3" Titanium line? From what I read on the BotCon reports, I thought the ENTIRE TF Titanium line was getting cancelled?

As for who keeps buying them, I have no idea since they sit on the shelfs where I live, right beside the Attacktix toys ...

:lol:

From what I said, people only mentioned the 6-inch Titanium line being booted, so I assumed the 3-inch line survived. If I am incorrect, I apologize.

Nice :lol:

I hope i don't break that bumble bee

but why battle damaged? :blink:

Based on a scene - it doesn't really work as well in vehicle mode... but should make more sense in robot mode.

That's a common goof in the movie - the robots can look scratched to poo yet shiny in vehicle mode.

From what I said, people only mentioned the 6-inch Titanium line being booted, so I assumed the 3-inch line survived. If I am incorrect, I apologize.

Based on a scene - it doesn't really work as well in vehicle mode... but should make more sense in robot mode.

That's a common goof in the movie - the robots can look scratched to poo yet shiny in vehicle mode.

*movie spoiler*??

^_^ yeah i know they mess him up in the movie by the end but... in that case should it be in robot mode and legless?

Ah yes they are similar, but they have been canceled. All of them. :( No Basestar.

Guess so, no 70's or 2000 Basestars or the original 70s Galactica, which were the only other main vehicles I wanted to complete the BSG collection.

Edited by baronv

Guest sh002

Cool. Do you think any others will be reissued later besides the ones that are set to be released? I was hoping they'd continue where they left off with the reissues and get my minibot set 2, etc.

Wasn't Hasbro suppose to re-issue/re-image the Seacon combiner team at some point the last couple of years? Maybe under the old TF Universe line?

If i remember correctly they were going to release a repaint Seacon set (that IMO looked horrible compared to the original or even the Beast Wars Second "God Neptune", but besides the point), and yes it was to be under the TF Universe line, but those plans were scrapped a while back i think due to the overall demise of the Universe line itself and the fact that they were having a hard time finding a retailer for them? It's been so long so i don't remember all the details, but yeah basically i doubt it's ever going to see the light of day now.

*EDIT

Heh, Wikipedia has a rundown of what happened at least partially.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seacons

Edited by Veritas

If i remember correctly they were going to release a repaint Seacon set (that IMO looked horrible compared to the original or even the Beast Wars Second "God Neptune", but besides the point), and yes it was to be under the TF Universe line, but those plans were scrapped a while back i think due to the overall demise of the Universe line itself and the fact that they were having a hard time finding a retailer for them? It's been so long so i don't remember all the details, but yeah basically i doubt it's ever going to see the light of day now.

*EDIT

http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Piranhaking has a bit more detail.

It was gonna be a WalMart exclusive.

WalMart had entirely too many exclusives at the time, and most of them weren't moving. So they bailed.

*EDIT

Hasbro hinted at releasing them through HTS@botcon.

now I gotta hunt down the War Withing Prime Megatron 2pack, how long has that one been out?

Less than a month.

I was at Otakon this weekend and I saw an unusual Optimus Prime toy at $100. I believe it was a reissue in the classic G1 packaging, but the weird part was that the box was a perfect replica of the 1980's USA packaging right down to the vintage Hasbro logo. There was no mention of Takara, the new Hasbro logo, 2007, or any kanji characters anywhere. The guy selling them had about 6 of these toys and all the boxes were absolutely flawless, came with the styrofoam packing, and the toys looked dead mint. The only thing that made me scratch my head was that some of the Prime's came with the stickers on his trailer and some didn't. The dealer assured me that each toy came with a full sticker sheet, but I don't ever recall Takara/Hasbro sometimes forgetting to apply stock stickers onto their toys. Was this a bootleg or the new Encore reissue? :blink: Because as far as I can tell, the box is absolutely indistinguishable from the 1980's box.

Oh yeah, the same dealer was selling G1 Bumblebee's and Rumble/Buzzsaw combos too at $35. Same deal, perfect G1 USA packaging with no mention of it being a reissue.

edit: I asked the dealer what the story was and he said these were reissues for Japan to celebrate the release of the new TF movie. I would've completely bought it if it weren't for some of Prime's trailers missing their stickers.

Edited by TheLoneWolf

There were bootlegs of those released not long ago.

TFW2005.com has a pic of the back of Skywarp's box. There is a third seeker pictured on it which might be Thundercracker.

Just about to post that here as well. As for the pictures of the third seeker, it's gotta be Thundercracker. The left is most likely Starscream due to the more realistic colors and the top right is actually more of a bluish hue... :D I hope we get some kind of confirmation and pics. soon.

Well since the Skywarp MP is being released in Japan, what's the chance of Walmart or another retailer bringing him to the U.S.? The coloring is tight looking, this should look sweet next to the Ivanov SV-51.

post-1065-1185230547_thumb.jpg

Edited by baronv

Well since the Skywarp MP is being released in Japan, what's the chance of Walmart or another retailer bringing him to the U.S.? The coloring is tight looking, this should look sweet next to the Ivanov SV-51.

Mmmmmm....

Always liked Skywarp's colors. Black and purple go so well together.... or is that not at all together?

Either way!