For goodness sake, it's 1/48 scale. The measurements of the head height (up to tip of antenna) of 17-18cm (depending on how you position the neck) corresponds to MAHQ and other reliable labor tech-info. And the pilots will fit a 1/48 scale Votoms cockpit very nicely.

Yes, but the CM's Ingram pilot figure is tiny when compared to a Yamato 1/48 VF-1 pilot. Mind you, a Takara Actic Gear 1/48 pilot is smaller even than the Ingram pilot.

Graham

actually, ive never been convinced the 1/48's were actually that size. The pilots are too small, i think. I could be wrong.

Model/toy makers of mecha probably spend much more attention to the scaling of the actual mecha than the pilot. Always measure the mecha to figure scale.

Those early glamour pictures certainly lies about its size.... :lol:

But I think I can live with that size, given the many positve feed backs regarding the toy itself. To compensate for its lack of height, I heard it is a hefty figure in terms of weight. That might go well with the SDF-1. :D

small. 15cms tall, tops.

Thanks to fellow countryman Scream Man, my Alphonse arrived today :D

Love it. The details to this diecast is exceptional. Well buillt, well designed, nice accessories, and the light, OMG :o:o:o

I was very bothered by the cloth when I saw close up pics, but when it is in your hand, you don't really notice them. So I am very glad about that.

I actually quite like this size. I suppose if it is as big as the 1/48 Valk, the details might become a bit plain. It certainly sit well next to the average SOC.

This would be a perfect toy if the upper leg has better rotation movement. Is a waste not to have more flexiable joint when they can be hidden inside the cloth.

Tempted to get the TV version, so 1 & 2 can stand side by side, hope the price drop below 90USD in the near future :rolleyes: .

Anyhow, here are some comparision shots for those who are not sure of its size (note how the Alphonse is shorter than the Mazinger SOC, but the Alphonse weighted a lot more and felt much more sturdier).

[attachmentid=41750][attachmentid=41751]

post-3608-1175698961_thumb.jpg

post-3608-1175699065_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mowe

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Trade away your Ingram? You'll be missing out on a lot of fun! The current rumor is that Brave Gohkin Griffon is on the way, and Anavel has posted this tidbit on TBDX:

IPB Image

OMG, another 5000 yen rubber ducky for me! :p

Edited by drifand

Sigh, these look great but when is there going to be a toy of the Zero or Freedom? I'm sorry, but once I saw the Zero, I couldn't like the regular Ingrams ever again unless I can have my zero. I was already very disappointed that the Master Grade Patlabor line had the normal Ingrams and even the Gripphon but no Zero :(

Edited by ComicKaze

Sigh, these look great but when is there going to be a toy of the Zero or Freedom? I'm sorry, but once I saw the Zero, I couldn't like the regular Ingrams ever again unless I can have my zero. I was already very disappointed that the Master Grade Patlabor line had the normal Ingrams and even the Gripphon but no Zero :(

Well, for now, you show grab the Revoltech Zero... it's not perfect but so nice to have it match up against Noa's Ingram, regardless of the TV-style shield emblem and antenna colors. Personally, what I really want is the production AV-0 Peacemaker, with it's more angular head that bears a closer resemblance to the Ingram's design. The peacemaker was never made into a toy or kit, whereas the Zero was available in the original 1/60 kit line-up. I think at the least we should be able to get Revoltech Peacemakers, even if a Brave Gohkin version is still a pipe dream.

Well, for now, you show grab the Revoltech Zero... it's not perfect but so nice to have it match up against Noa's Ingram, regardless of the TV-style shield emblem and antenna colors. Personally, what I really want is the production AV-0 Peacemaker, with it's more angular head that bears a closer resemblance to the Ingram's design. The peacemaker was never made into a toy or kit, whereas the Zero was available in the original 1/60 kit line-up. I think at the least we should be able to get Revoltech Peacemakers, even if a Brave Gohkin version is still a pipe dream.

Yes, sorry, that's what I meant by "Freedom", I meant Peacemaker, brain freeze there. Either would be great to have, but the Zero was just slightly more evil and cool looking. Thanks for letting me know about the Revoltech Zero, I wasn't aware of their other stuff besides their Transformer designs which were too "anime" in their crazy proportions for my liking. Their Zero's legs are too short and it looks stubby, but it's decent and better than nothing.

IPB Image

Edited by ComicKaze

Trade away your Ingram? You'll be missing out on a lot of fun! The current rumor is that Brave Gohkin Griffon is on the way, and Anavel has posted this tidbit on TBDX:

OMG, another 5000 yen rubber ducky for me! :p

Well regardless of what I do witht the one i have, I most Assuredly wont be getting any more of them! This thing gost me more than a 1/48, and only slightly less than a zero! And most of the mecha outside the Ingrams i was only so-so with anyway.

Edited by Scream Man

That's excellent news. Now I'm thinking HOW they will try to rake in maximum profits for the Griffon. If it's released as the underwater version first, folks might just play the waiting game for the cooler winged version... so maybe they'll pull a super expensive set with 1 body but both packs (like how Bandai did the bikes for the Armor Trans Kamen Rider Black/Black RX).

Otherwise, what other goodies can they include for separately-boxed Griffons to make fans buy BOTH variants? A 'smashed' No. 2 head? Guesses, anyone?

Edited by drifand

That's gotta be another form of 'mad cow disease'! 7800yen? I'm gonna check out the local price for a guaranteed complete set first...

China Square? I dunno, I know for sure the command car would sell. Not sure about getting the rest, even if we aren't paying 7800 yen.

Either CSC or Lucky Chinatown, I guess...

Might try my luck - the relative weight of the boxes can give you a clue:

Heaviest = big Noa/Bud/Ingram

Midium = Car

Lightest = team mini-figs

Anyway, you can see why I'm already wondering how they will milk the Griffon... make it a 'CASH Cow Disease'! :p

Either CSC or Lucky Chinatown, I guess...

Might try my luck - the relative weight of the boxes can give you a clue:

Heaviest = big Noa/Bud/Ingram

Midium = Car

Lightest = team mini-figs

Anyway, you can see why I'm already wondering how they will milk the Griffon... make it a 'CASH Cow Disease'! :p

Big Noa might not weigh much more than a Command Car, so you might be a bit off.. And it doesn't make sense to have the minifigs separate. I think more likely you'll get one minifig per other unit.

You got to remember, these collectibles come in bundles of 6s; 12 per box means you get double the base number. We've only seen 4 (Noa, Bud, Ingram 1, Car) that's big enough to stand on its own. I'm guessing another 2 (Ingram 2 and Griffon, or Shinohara and Griffon, saving Oda and Ingram 2 for round 2), to make it 6, plus probably a secret item/ repaint. In this case, one minifig per big guy makes sense and throws off your weight estimates.

As for the Griffon, I expect the milking to be less so.. hopefully they'll only do a single with Aqua-type and flight-type parts. If they do two separate releases, it's not miling it, it's squeezing the cow already.

EDIT: Annnd here we go... CM's official page on this.

EDIT x2: And the Mangrish...

Minifigs are with the Command Car, so the weighing trick won't work. Rattling might. And ah-yup, the command car and minifigs are in the same scale as your CM Patlabor. Read it and Weep... :p

Also, seems to be 5 + 1 secret, so it's not the normal mix. 12 Boxes only guarantee you one secret though.

Edited by Lynx7725

Someone said that they wanted to see the Brave Gokin Ingram in a shot with a 1/48 Yammie. Well, this isn't quite what they wanted...

In case no-one gets the reference, Stirling Moss is a famous British racing driver who once completed a 1,000 mile long road race at an average speed of 100 miles an hour. :o (and these were 1950s miles per hour, too, which count double). He has since become the yardstick by which speeding drivers in the UK are measured by police officers - the quote from Ota is the coppers famous deadpan comment to offenders, only with someone else replacing "Stirling Moss"... HCM, by the way, is taking the standard "walk the line" test... :)

And, oh, thats not a really small Brave Gokin at the back - its Bandais Labor in Action Alphonse...

post-745-1178384353_thumb.jpg

Edited by F-ZeroOne