I spotted this box art for the TV Version due for next March. From the pictures (though a little small), I can't see the clothed joint, may be they decided to take it out?? :blink:

[attachmentid=41121]

post-3608-1173709066_thumb.jpg

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the in scale Tyrants and the Command Car from CM's also up for preorder at HLJ.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Yep, the Tyrants are vinyl with minimal articulation and seem a bit overpriced at about 5000 yen a piece and the Command car is part of a gashapon set, again overpriced at 7800 yen. I don't think the Command Car will be diecast. But for the diehard fans that want to make their own Patlabor dioramas, they have these options....

see, that sucks. Id get a command car and maybe the figures. but i have no idea who the kid in black is. and those things cost about $17 each over here, so i sure as hell dont want doubles....

back to the Cm Labor; does the hand extend out of the arm to grab the pistol? and i read somewhere the labors are roughly 1/48, is that correct?

The kid in black is from the tV series IIRC and is the pilot of that ugly black Labor with wings. Can't remember the name of it, maybe 'Griffen'.

Yes, the hand extends on the CM's.

It should be smaller than 1/48 as the pilot figure is smaller than a Yamato 1/48 VF-1 pilot.

Graham

'Kid in black' is a homeless orphan and video game whiz, exploited by Utsumi (Schaft) to become the pilot for Griffon. Each time he fought Noa he thought it was a game, right up until the final showdown.

SO IF YOU BUY IT MAYBE WE'LL GET A DIECAST GRIFFON!!! :D

The kid is Bud Renard. He pilots the J-9 Griffon labour. Drifand has the rest right. Personally, I think the Griffin looks fantastic, though it is a bit ornate as far as Patlabor goes. But as long as it looks cool, I'm willing to go for it. Die cast Griffon please be forthcoming :)

but i have no idea who the kid in black is.

The kid in black is from the tV series IIRC and is the pilot of that ugly black Labor with wings. Can't remember the name of it, maybe 'Griffen'.

'Kid in black' is a homeless orphan and video game whiz, exploited by Utsumi (Schaft) to become the pilot for Griffon.
Edited by Mr March

The kid is Bud Renard. He pilots the J-9 Griffon labour. Drifand has the rest right. Personally, I think the Griffin looks fantastic, though it is a bit ornate as far as Patlabor goes. But as long as it looks cool, I'm willing to go for it. Die cast Griffon please be forthcoming :)

'He'? I always thought the kid was a she. Mind you it's been ages scince I last watched the TV series.

Never been a fan of the Griffen. Always liked the military designs more, especially the Helldiver.

Graham

For goodness sake, it's 1/48 scale. The measurements of the head height (up to tip of antenna) of 17-18cm (depending on how you position the neck) corresponds to MAHQ and other reliable labor tech-info. And the pilots will fit a 1/48 scale Votoms cockpit very nicely.

'He'? I always thought the kid was a she. Mind you it's been ages scince I last watched the TV series.

Never been a fan of the Griffen. Always liked the military designs more, especially the Helldiver.

Graham

They describe bud as a boy and the english dub is voiced by a male (Jamie McGonnigal).

Edited by Mr March

• 2 weeks later...

Oh I got mine today... man it is like xmas. I got my wave SDF-1, dell laptop, and now this. This thing is sweet. Unforunately the price was like $130 and I bought the last one on BBTS. Good lord, this thing is a hefty robot. I like it. It is just plain awesome. It was definitely worth the money IMHO. I know most complain about the price but picking up this bad boy, I know it is good quality. I am just pissed that it only one Ingram instead of two but seems like CMs is milking it. Looks like I will get 2 more to make a complete set. If the make a Zero, I will get two. I will get the Griffin and Helldiver as well if they make it. I am definitely want the command car that are coming out as well. (Figures I can care less). If this is how CMs entering this market, I am having high expectations for the legioss and tread... toynami be damned.

...and now i have.

Its much MUCH smaller than i expected. I thought someoen said it was 20cms tall or something; its more like 15. At first this dispmayed me a bit, but further fiddling has made me like it a bit more. The light system is incredible.

If they were a little cheaper to buy Id get a second so I could have a unit 1 and a unit 2.