I thought the only difference was the colour. Blue vs Red. Am I missing something?

Yes the only difference is the colour. The retail version of the OVA Brocken should also come with the interchangeable armour in red. I can't see them justifying the same price tag for both if they leave it out.

Damn! Those legs are short. That Ingram reminded me of that old Valk with the huge canopy to fit the action figures. I don't mind the chubby looks of the torso, but it seems like Yamato couldn't afford legs big enough to go with it.

For all we know, there's a ver 1.5 planned already: Longer forearm + longer legs. 'Improvements' you know?

A bit worried now that the yamato still has that gray, I know, I know, it's probably still a prototype. But when you get to the point wher eevery picture you've seen of the thing is in the wrong colours you can't help but worry they've somehow managed to make an enormous balls up.

Do like the features though, especially ther magnet hands, if they can make it work so the gun handle just slips into an open hand and is pulled out of the holster then that'd be amazing. B))

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, the articulation is really nice, though judging from the poses, the squat legs are now even more apparent (particularly the leg-lifting shots), to me at least. Can't complain too much though since at the moment, Yamato's Ingram looks to be the definitive toy incarnation when you consider all the features. Also, looking at some of the poses (the prince's funky walk cycle and the cat's cradle), I suppose we can expect TV versions as well (instead of swappable shields and antennas)? Love that open hatch, kneeling pose.

Too bad about the grey instead of black detailing though.

Not that that's particularly hard to fix...

photo18b.jpg

Original photo off Yamato site, "decals" from WAVE :D :D :D, colouring courtesy of Photoshop..

I think what I don't quite like about the Yammie version is the potbelly look. I don't quite need to be reminded of my own spread... :D

Wonderfully articulated, but Yamato does have a rep for having joint failure.. so I'm not too sure at the moment.

Not that that's particularly hard to fix...

photo18b.jpg

Original photo off Yamato site, "decals" from WAVE :D :D :D, colouring courtesy of Photoshop..

I think what I don't quite like about the Yammie version is the potbelly look. I don't quite need to be reminded of my own spread... :D

Wonderfully articulated, but Yamato does have a rep for having joint failure.. so I'm not too sure at the moment.

I'm sure the grey is still part of the prototype and the final production piece should be black.

• 3 weeks later...

From Toy-World.com.hk

2873858069_550c212d95_b.jpg

2873859005_71a47b6bbd_b.jpg

2874692780_fd530ed05f_b.jpg

The legs are painfully short. The right hand is almost low enough to grab the revolver cannon from the leg compartment even without extending. The biggest flaw in an otherwise fantastically detailed piece.

Edited by IXTL

The 3/4 view doesn't look too bad proportion-wise but the full-frontal one really shows how short those legs are or how oversized the body and arms are in comparison to the legs. It's almost similar to Yamato's 1/48 valks with their nosecones extending past their knees only this time it's the hands with the Ingram. Here's a reference lineart:

post-5445-1223497851_thumb.jpg

And the asking price - woah - that's a little hard to swallow especially when you consider the less than ideal proportions...