Display Your Collections...

alain thats just a selection of what i have, most are stored away my goal with the transformers is to get every g1 which im determined to do

the macross i love as there is so much more detail and look very good aswell

emerson carnt wait the parcels to arrive will get pics up as soon as they arrive, many thanks

Totoro242, you need to seal all the Takas in a glass case and charge admission. WOW!!! :blink::blink::blink:

Vintage collections always inspire me so much more than those of modern toys, no matter how large. Anyone can set up a preorder pipeline with any of the reliable online retailers and just watch the pieces roll in every month. But vintage....sure, money is an issue. But it takes effort, and persistence, and luck, and PATIENCE as well.

I know I like this collection because it makes me want to improve mine. (Didn't Jack Nicholson say that in a movie once?) I hadn't thought that some of the more obscure Taka toys were worth collecting, their quality paling in comparison to the 1/55 and 1/100 valks...but seeing it all amassed there like that. Wow, their collective impact is irrefutable.

NICE JOB!

Nice set man :) do u not open any toys?

Ive never understood that...

Oh, no, I open and sticker most of them :) I keep most of them in boxes because I dont have a place to display them. Some of them I put back in their boxes for this pic.

Totoro242, you need to seal all the Takas in a glass case and charge admission. WOW!!! :blink::blink::blink:

Vintage collections always inspire me so much more than those of modern toys, no matter how large. Anyone can set up a preorder pipeline with any of the reliable online retailers and just watch the pieces roll in every month. But vintage....sure, money is an issue. But it takes effort, and persistence, and luck, and PATIENCE as well.

I know I like this collection because it makes me want to improve mine. (Didn't Jack Nicholson say that in a movie once?) I hadn't thought that some of the more obscure Taka toys were worth collecting, their quality paling in comparison to the 1/55 and 1/100 valks...but seeing it all amassed there like that. Wow, their collective impact is irrefutable.

NICE JOB!

"You make me want to be a better collector" :D

Thanks man! I think you totally get me. I'm all about the vintage stuff. I do also collect the new stuff, but really everyone has the new stuff and most of the pics in this thread prove it.

I could spend all my money on the "Yamato Toy Of The Month", but there's no challenge :)

Don't get me wrong, I buy all the new stuff too! But the sense of satisfaction in unearthing and slowly bringing together scattered, forgotten treasures from the corners of the world...one lonely item at a time..., then stepping back to see what you've meticulously pieced together runs deep. It takes true effort to achieve a collection like yours.

Maybe it's just human instinct. The thrill of the hunt is absolutely real. On the other hand, shopping at BBTS or Twin Moons can sometimes feel like the toy equivalent of grazing. For me, there's a thrill when there's a new toy scoop. Sure. But by the time the new toy is actually in hand, we've already seen every prototype photo, every promo shot, and everyone's already nitpicked the thing to death over the the course of the preceding 6 months. It's all so anti-climatic!

Your vintage collection deserves an actual "Kudos and congratulations!" Man, I can't get over how nice your mountain of Takas look. It's been a LONG time since I saw a collection that was so, um, inspiring? Anyway, I gotta go troll Yahoo Japan now haha! Damn you.

I assume you're still hunting for the 1/55 Millia and 1/100 Max?

Edited by emerson

Very impressive collections guys! I just got into the game right around the New Year... I'm waiting for a few things (1/48 VF-1S Hikaru and Roy) to arrive in the mail right now, in fact. That'll bring my collection up to, well, about 4. :D

Very impressive collections guys! I just got into the game right around the New Year... I'm waiting for a few things (1/48 VF-1S Hikaru and Roy) to arrive in the mail right now, in fact. That'll bring my collection up to, well, about 4. :D

Welcome!

Anyway, I gotta go troll Yahoo Japan now haha! Damn you.

What have I done? I just created more competition! ;)

I assume you're still hunting for the 1/55 Millia and 1/100 Max?

Yes, I'm still hunting for those. I actually need 17 more toys to have a complete TT collection. Some major items missing are the 1/76 Armored Battroid, the Milia 1/55, the GBP Armor pack, and the 1/100 VF1J Max. These items pop up fairly often on the auction sites so its just a matter of having the funds at the right time.

Some of the more challenging pieces will be the metallic gold variable Henkei Valk, the Henkei Type 3 pack (VF1S, VF1A, and VF1J Max), two more individual Henkei Type Valks, the vinyl Destroid 4 pack, all of the individual bagged vinyl figures, and a Millia Paro Valk.

Lastly, the rarest of all, the laser pistol :) I've never even seen that sucker up for auction and I know many fans are looking for that one.

you have pictures of this laser pistol your talking about? Would it happen to be the pistol that shoots soft pellets? I think I saw it before but I'm not sure.

What have I done? I just created more competition! ;)

Hey, don't worry about me haha. I am happy with my 1/55's and 1/100's. As for the pieces I am actively looking for, you already have them. Except for the 1/55 GBP-1S. But with all the other stuff I need to hunt, the armor set's not too top-of-mind.

I'm not sure if it shoots anything:

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/toys/laserguni.jpg

oh, that one. The one I'm thinking about is the actual valk gun pod. They released that and it shot soft pellets. I remember seeing a picture of it on here somewhere.

ya!! that one is bad ass!!! :D:p:lol: you have that? :huh:

Not yet :)

Its on my list and if I see it for a good deal I'll pick it up, but it comes up for auction every once in a while so I'm in no hurry.

Its also a model kit and I would be afraid of playing with it :D

heres some more items that arrived the other day

2 big boxes off emerson(thankyou very much :) )

IPB Image

inside

IPB Image

and this came from germany

IPB Image

still waiting on a vf-1d that i just bought and vol 1 and 6 of robotech masterpieces :D

just need to find somewhere to display them now :(

yeah, those are Hasegawa 1/72 VF-22S and a 1/72 VF-0S Reactive armor, I was trying to pull up some kind themes...

the valks (available) that Max, Miria and Roy got to used, I desperately need a Q-rau max to go with the miria one also and sort of complete the theme there, hehehehe

For anyone who has their collections stored inside glass cases, have any of you coated the glass with that special film you can get that protects against UV light? If so, is the film clear? Does it apply smoothly? And this is probably a stupid question, but is there a need to apply it on the inside of the glass, too?

For anyone who has their collections stored inside glass cases, have any of you coated the glass with that special film you can get that protects against UV light? If so, is the film clear? Does it apply smoothly? And this is probably a stupid question, but is there a need to apply it on the inside of the glass, too?

I've coated one of my display cases and the film has a very subtle grey tint to it.

You have to apply it on the inside of the glass. You should soak the glass with water and detergent and then apply the film on the glass. Since the glass is wet, you can slide the film to make any corrections and with the help of a ruler you can also press and slide the bubbles to the edges to release the air trapped inside.

Use a film bigger than the glass and then cut the excess on the edges with an exacto knife or cutter.

Hope this helps :)