William Shatner Strikes Again

Sundown

Besides the money is going to charity so it's all good.

Yeah, I mean, it'd be one thing if Shatner was just so full of himself that he figured he could sell it and use the money to build a statue of Kirk on his front lawn. But since it's going to charity, then it becomes kind of admirable. I mean, anything that can help the unfortunate without hurting anyone in the process is respectable.

Shatner is the coolest. I assume everyone here has heard my personal "Shatner is the bomb" story?

No, do tell. If no one else wants to here it, feel free to PM me.

I met him several years ago, I think I was 10, people were pissed off and booing cause some little 10 year old kid in a next gen costume got to shake his hand and ask him a question......................I mean chill out, its an old guy.

Yeah, I mean, it'd be one thing if Shatner was just so full of himself that he figured he could sell it and use the money to build a statue of Kirk on his front lawn. But since it's going to charity, then it becomes kind of admirable. I mean, anything that can help the unfortunate without hurting anyone in the process is respectable.

Shatner is the coolest. I assume everyone here has heard my personal "Shatner is the bomb" story?

No, do tell. If no one else wants to here it, feel free to PM me.

361758[/snapback]

Mike, look up the "Shatner shenanigans" thread, I think he posted it somewhere in there.

If he wanted a statue, he coulda just made one out of the kidney stone.

Be the only Kirk merchandise in the world that was the 100% genuine article. :p

"GoldenPalace.com originally offered $15,000 for the stone but Shatner turned it down, noting that his "Star Trek" tunics have commanded more than $100,000." His counteroffer was accepted."

Ya know, I'm not quite sure that bodily waste and TV props belong in the same category...

But really, I have to applaud anyone that can sell a kidney stone. He could've used the 25 grand to wipe his ass and I'd still applaud, just because he managed to sell somebody a piss crystal.

I wish Shatner and Hasselhoff would make a movie together. That'd be kickass.

361817[/snapback]

Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story

I think its the only movie that both are in.

361819[/snapback]

Was Shatner in that? I guess it's the ultimate movie then. Come to think of it with that movie you get Hasslehoff, Shatner and Chuck Norris. :blink:

361817[/snapback]

361819[/snapback]

Was Shatner in that? I guess it's the ultimate movie then. Come to think of it with that movie you get Hasslehoff, Shatner and Chuck Norris. :blink:

361823[/snapback]

But no Vin Diesel or Mister T.

361817[/snapback]

361819[/snapback]

361823[/snapback]

But no Vin Diesel or Mister T.

361824[/snapback]

God himself would envy the power of the movie if those two was in it.

Ya know, I'm not quite sure that bodily waste and TV props belong in the same category...

To bodily go, where no man has gone before...

I have to admire the fact that Shatner's willing to do this, despite it being kind of tacky. And in the end, the tacky's actually part of the charm, as Shatner willingly exploits himself for a laugh and charity.

Wait, so you're actually suppose to... pass these things? Through there? *looks down* But... the orifice... is not... that big. O_o

If I had been the one that bought his kidney stone I would have named it KHAN!!!
He would probably have screamed it while passing it too.....

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANN!

Hahahah. This actually had me stifling laughter in the office.

I have to admire the fact that Shatner's willing to do this, despite it being kind of tacky. And in the end, the tacky's actually part of the charm, as Shatner willingly exploits himself for a laugh and charity.

Wait, so you're actually suppose to... pass these things? Through there? *looks down* But... the orifice... is not... that big. O_o

It's supposed to hurt like hell.

And you're only expected to pass the small ones. Larger ones can't get into the pipe, and have to be operated on(especially if they jam befor ethey get to tbhe bladder, as the kidneys are vERY sensitive to pressure).

He would probably have screamed it while passing it too.....

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANN!

361808[/snapback]

LMAO!! :lol: Okay, I gotta ask: where's that link? the one to the soundbite of Kirk screaming?

Speaking of cool old dudes who've reinvinted themselves and their careers and don't mind poking a little fun at themselves--here's what I wanna see...

Mano-y-mano, in a no-holds-barred fight to the finish! See it only on pay-per-view: !!William Shatner vs. Adam West!! in the ultimate battle for supremacy!! Two men enter! One man leaves!

I think we've referred to it before, but has anyone ever actually posted a link to Shatner's bizarre, compelling, and (unintentionally) hilarious "interpretation" of Elton Johnn's "Rocket Man?"

Well, in case anyone still hasn't seen this Shatner gem: Here you go.

Now, somehow, somewhere, some day, someone will find on an old VHS tape Chris Elliott's hilarious parody of this performance that he did like 15 years ago on Late Night w/ David Letterman. But, what was so hilarious about it was that it was a parody without actually changing a thing. He played it completely straight, and just did Shatner's performance word-for-word, gesture-for-gesture, expression-for-expression. And it was just drop-dead hilarious.

But, until that finally resurfaces some day in the fanciful future, here's Stewie Griffin doing an abbreviated tribute: Link

Edited by Hurin

I think we've referred to it before, but has anyone ever actually posted a link to Shatner's bizarre, compelling, and (unintentionally) hilarious "interpretation" of Elton Johnn's "Rocket Man?"

Well, in case anyone still hasn't seen this Shatner gem:  Here you go.

Now, somehow, somewhere, some day, someone will find on an old VHS tape Chris Elliott's hilarious parody of this performance that he did like 15 years ago on Late Night w/ David Letterman.  But, what was so hilarious about it was that it was a parody without actually changing a thing.  He played it completely straight, and just did Shatner's performance word-for-word, gesture-for-gesture, expression-for-expression.  And it was just drop-dead hilarious.

But, until that finally resurfaces some day in the fanciful future, here's Stewie Griffin doing an abbreviated tribute:  Link

361898[/snapback]

I love that....classic Bill and classic Stewie!.

Mike, look up the "Shatner shenanigans" thread, I think he posted it somewhere in there.

Thanks for the tip. That really is a good story, because I get the feeling that a lot of Hollywood actors would have either wanted paid or wanted a ton of publicity for doing what Shatner did, while Shatner did it because, for all his foibles, he's just a good guy.

shatner vs walken.

'nuff said.

361967[/snapback]

hmm, I hadn't considered that scenario. But that wouldn't be fair at all. It'd have to be West and Shatner vs. Walken--Christopher Walken is tha man!! :D

That is, until Chuck Norris' foot decelerated from the speed of light just long enough to kill every one in the room. :lol: I could have fun with this all day...

In this corner, we have the campy and humerous version of everyone's favorite superhoer! Nananananananana BAT-MAN!

And in this corner! The one! The only! Captain James! TIBERIUS! KIRK!

361891[/snapback]

Hums Star Trek Original Series deathmatch theme:

Dun dun, dun dun dun, dun dun dun....

Passing stones. Owie. So are you supposed to help it along down the pipe manually? I imagine it'd be a feat pushing it down yourself by bladder pressure alone. And... does it ever get stuck... you know... mid-pipe? O_O

It's supposed to hurt like hell.

And you're only expected to pass the small ones. Larger ones can't get into the pipe, and have to be operated on(especially if they jam befor ethey get to tbhe bladder, as the kidneys are vERY sensitive to pressure).

361854[/snapback]

The English diaryist Samuel Pepys survived just such an operation.

Back in the 17th Century. :blink:

By all accounts, yes, it hurt like hell.

In this corner, we have the campy and humerous version of everyone's favorite superhoer! Nananananananana BAT-MAN!

And in this corner! The one! The only! Captain James! TIBERIUS! KIRK!

361891[/snapback]

Hums Star Trek Original Series deathmatch theme:

Dun dun, dun dun dun, dun dun dun....

Passing stones. Owie. So are you supposed to help it along down the pipe manually? I imagine it'd be a feat pushing it down yourself by bladder pressure alone. And... does it ever get stuck... you know... mid-pipe? O_O

362081[/snapback]

I don't really know.

I strongly suspect it's just with piss power, and that they operate if there's a risk of getting lodged mid-pipe

Supposedly, many women who have given birth and passed a kidney stone say that they would prefer to give birth.

So, men actually can experience worse than the accute pain of childbirth at some point in our otherwise untraumatized lives. But, of course, we don't intentionally inflict it upon ourselves as women are expected to do.

I also wonder if the pain of passing a kidney stone is actually worse, or there are just more techniques and procedures available to a women during child birth for pain relief.

H

Supposedly, many women who have given birth and passed a kidney stone say that they would prefer to give birth.

So, men actually can experience worse than the accute pain of childbirth at some point in our otherwise untraumatized lives.  But, of course, we don't intentionally inflict it upon ourselves as women are expected to do.

I also wonder if the pain of passing a kidney stone is actually worse, or there are just more techniques and procedures available to a women during child birth for pain relief.

H

362091[/snapback]

Well, given the female reproductive system is designed to pass a baby and the urinary tract isn't designed to pass a kidney stone...

There's also anecdotal evidence that at least some women experience orgasms during the birthing process. So they don't get to complain.

I think the main point with pregnancy is those of us with Y chromosomes don't run around with a parasite growing inside us for 9 months mucking with our hormonal balance and making us eat pickles and ice cream with ketchup.