Newbie Questions on Macross

Is the DYRL Skull Leader and the SDF: Macross Skull leader the same color pattern and everything?

if not, then what are the differences?

In DYRL the "trim" color changes with pilot.

When Focker's flying, it's yellow. Hikaru gets red, and Max gets blue.

A few things came to mind when I was watching the DVD's today...

1) The Zentradie and the Supervision Army were in fact both the same but different factions of the war with Protoculture. One faction of Protoculture created the Zentradie, while the other faction created similar giants, but called them the Supervision Army. So in the TV series, the Macross was part of the Supervision army, and with that there were Giants on board, only theorizing that all the aliens were giants, thus the Mecha was created to be alien size.

While in the DYRL movie, the story is a bit different, never mentioning the Supervision Army, just that men and women broke apart and two factions were created, the males, Zentradie, and the females, Meltrandie. And the Macross was infact in the movie, a Meltrandie gunship...sorta caught me off guard.

2) In Macross II, yes I know alternate universe, but did anyone ever think that maybe Sylvie could of been related in some way to Miriya? Now she mentions she got it from her grandmother, if time is correct, that would HAVE TOO make Miriya a great grandmother...so a daughter would have to be the grandmother, atleast 1 of 7. It just sorta feels like she could be in some way related with her amazing piloting skills...but that's just me and it sorta sounds stupid.

I've been meaning to spout this off since lastnight watching tv, and I couldnt sleep well cause of it racing in my mind....heh too weird.

1) ...

While in the DYRL movie, the story is a bit different, never mentioning the Supervision Army, just that men and women broke apart and two factions were created, the males, Zentradie, and the females, Meltrandie. And the Macross was infact in the movie, a Meltrandie gunship...sorta caught me off guard.

2) In Macross II, yes I know alternate universe, but did anyone ever think that maybe Sylvie could of been related in some way to Miriya? Now she mentions she got it from her grandmother, if time is correct, that would HAVE TOO make Miriya a great grandmother...so a daughter would have to be the grandmother, atleast 1 of 7. It just sorta feels like she could be in some way related with her amazing piloting skills...but that's just me and it sorta sounds stupid.

This is more of question and answer...not comments.

However,

1) The story was simplified. By introducing the Supervision Army probably would have confused the audience. And since there is only about 2 hours to DYRL?, plot elements were simplified and such. In fact, Quamzin is only in 1 scene through the entire movie. :) Watch Escaflowne: A Girl in Gaia. Again, Kawamori takes a involved storyline and reduces it down. Same idea with DYRL?.

2) It is hinted in the story however, no one can really be 100% sure. It's just one of the little things that falls to the producers to answer, and if they want to tease us, I think I know what their answer is.

Hmmm yep yep I can agree with that, a thing I noticed from Kawamori-san was taking his projects when making the movie release and increasing the dark and violent side to them. I mean there was more death in Escaflowne the movie than there was in the series 0_o....debateable on macross and DYRL. But both movies used dark and rich tones compared to their TV counterparts, that is agreeable I think.

But the Supervision Army also being a race of giants explains alot...but yet confusing in a way...both sides of Protoculture come up with the same idea for an army, but give them different names....and what not...just odd.

from what I understand, Minmay Guard is a color scheme first introduced by Hasegawa for one of their model kits of the VF-1 valkyrie. I don't know if it was originally a fan custom job or what. Personally I like it and think its a pretty unique color scheme. Anyone who knows for sure, elaborate for us if you please.

from what I understand, Minmay Guard is a color scheme first introduced by Hasegawa for one of their model kits of the VF-1 valkyrie. I don't know if it was originally a fan custom job or what. Personally I like it and think its a pretty unique color scheme. Anyone who knows for sure, elaborate for us if you please.

Related thread: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...t=ST&f=2&t=4520

Hi all, I've searched Google and these forums for info on the Blue Roses aand Enigma squadrons, but have found next to nothing. Any idea where these came from, their squadron histories, service histories, what they did in the show, etc.? Why were these squdrons graced with custom stickers? Please, help. Thanks!

Hi all, I've searched Google and these forums for info on the Blue Roses aand Enigma squadrons, but have found next to nothing. Any idea where these came from, their squadron histories, service histories, what they did in the show, etc.? Why were these squdrons graced with custom stickers? Please, help. Thanks!

They are all fictionary squadrons made for custom models, as far as I know. Not sure how deep you can make their history unless the modelers come up with something themselves.

Ah, that's what I was wondering. Whether they were canonical or somebody's imagination. How'd they get so prevalent?

The schemes are far nicer than anything in DYRL? :(

Have you seen the scans from the magazine section on MW?

I wondering if anyone knows if the Megaroad transforms? If so, are there any images of this?

The megaroad itself is a fixed vessel.

Gotta wonder if any of the transformation equipment leftover from the SDF-2 remains inside the structure though...

And the Megaroad may not be an entirely fixed ship. There's a thread discussing this.

No, Anubis is correct. The Megaroad class may be made of different components, but it is a fixed ship design.

The schemes are far nicer than anything in DYRL? :(

Have you seen the scans from the magazine section on MW?

I have, and they made me hunger for more info. I'm trying to decide between the Roses and Enigma Squadron for a custom 1/48 VF-1J Super, but there doesn't seen to be much out there for the Roses, besides those scans. Isn't there a complete paint scheme anywhere for the Blue Roses?

This is a Macross Plus question, and I'll admit before hand that it's probably pretty stupid:

Did they go with the YF-21, YF-19, the ghost, revert to the 11B or come up with something new afterwards when the smoke from Sharon's fun had cleared?

Edited by samuraid

Decision made to adopt VF-19 as the next generation main fighter.

At 15 years of age, Gamlin Kizaki enters the Air Force School in UN Spacy via special entry.

VAB-2's deployment begins

April

Milia is installed mayor of Macross 7 by election.

December

Decision made to adopt VF-22S as special operations fighter.

The SDF-1 had to undergo transformation so power conduits can be connected to fire the macross cannon. But why does the Macross 7's Battle 7 have to undergo a transformation? It would be tons easier if it could fire in normal configuration. I just passed it off as "because it looks cooler in robot mode" but I guess there's always more to it.

And, what is M3 which apparently features Miriya and Max and VF-4s? Is it a game?

The SDF-1 had to undergo transformation so power conduits can be connected to fire the macross cannon. But why does the Macross 7's Battle 7 have to undergo a transformation? It would be tons easier if it could fire in normal configuration. I just passed it off as "because it looks cooler in robot mode" but I guess there's always more to it.

I answered this way back on page 13 (see it helps to read the entire thread :D).

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...=2&t=140&st=240

Think of it this way, if a tank's cannon wasn't mounted on a turret and was fixed, it would be forced to move the entire vehicle into a new firing position everytime. This would be quite a pain in the ass. What transforming does is increase the firing arc.

I was wondering why was there such a long break in the storyline between Episodes 27 (Force of Arms) and 28 (Reconstruction Blues). Sorry if these might be the Robotech titles but the question still remains. Two years is a LOT of character developement to pass up..........the aftermath of Space War I, construction of Macross City, assimilation of the Zentradi culture on Earth, etc. :blink:

Why Kawamori? Why?

The answer is: Why not? Yeah, there's a lot of characer history beween "Ai Wa Nagereru" and "My Album" that we're mising, but it let them pick up the characters fresh.