NEW Official MPC Thread!!!

Go away for a couple of days...

1) Wheels down line-art

legioss-views.gif

2) Legioss - Tread side by side in Armo-Soldier mode

Alpha-Beta.gif

Also nice to talk about MPC Beta Fighter/Tread, but in the same breath they confirmed that making one depended upon how well the MPC Alpha's/Legioss sold, they stated that MPC Cyclones were next after the Legioss/Alpha no matter what, so we're talking literal years here...

Cyc

Thanks for the line art, Cyc! :)

So based on that, really, is there any reason why that chestpiece is touching the ground? I understand it for robot mode, but in fighter mode, couldn't it have been deisgned to hinge in or something so that it wasn't a problem?

Also, is there any line art showing how the wheels are supposed to be deployed from the fighter and from where?

The chest is dragging because the Mospeada mecha underwent hideous amounts of anime magic during transformation, with parts magically changing size between the different modes. Unfortunatly, a solid toy can't really do that, so there have been a few comprimises made. For another compromise, look at the nosecone in Battloid mode. It hangs down pretty far, even though the lineart says it shouldn't.

And as for those gears, take a look at the legs of the Alpha in battloid mode. Look at the calf missle launchers. There are two launchers on the outside of the leg and one on the inside. The bottom bay on the inside of the leg, beneath the launcher, is the gear housing.

EDIT:

Added picture

post-26-1085946228_thumb.jpg

Edited by CoryHolmes

The chest is dragging because the Mospeada mecha underwent hideous amounts of anime magic during transformation, with parts magically changing size between the different modes.  Unfortunatly, a solid toy can't really do that, so there have been a few comprimises made.  For another compromise, look at the nosecone in Battloid mode.  It hangs down pretty far, even though the lineart says it shouldn't.

And as for those gears, take a look at the legs of the Alpha in battloid mode.  Look at the calf missle launchers.  There are two launchers on the outside of the leg and one on the inside.  The bottom bay on the inside of the leg, beneath the launcher, is the gear housing.

EDIT:

Added picture

Yeah, anime magic i understand. But since it seems Toynami went all out trying to make this the best toy representation of a legioss fighter, i thought maybe seeing the chest touching the ground would make them want to fix it, and warrant some kind of better solution than 'we'll just leave it how it is'. Again, maybe a hinged chest piece so that it could be pushed in in fighter mode, and pulled out for battroid mode. :)

Regarding the landing gear, i saw those areas too. In that frontal line art image from Cyc, it seemed like they stuck pretty far apart. Not bashing the toynami, they probably put it in the best place they thought, I was just wondering what the line art showed. Damn anime magic! :p Anyone have that though? :)

Edited by dr_vandermeer

I gotta agree that this is the best toy representation so far, but if your going to be bold and call it a masterpiece then you better make sure that everything is in top form. Even the 1/48 is not called a masterpiece and I would argue that it is (less the damn QC). I hope that the delay addresses this issue. I'm also betting that the fact that it drags has to do with that damn removeable cyclone gimmick. Guess we'll see. I gotta give it to them though. They know how to take a damn good set of pics.

Damn, can I say damn anymore? :rolleyes:

Not really MPC related, but it has to do with Toynami, so I thought I'd post it here.

Anyway, I was in my local Jusco department store yesterday (a Japanese department store chain in HK) and I noticed they were selling Toynami Mospeada Legios Superposeables. That's right, Mospeada, not Robotech.

The style of the packing was very similar to the US versions, but Robotech was not mentioned anywhere on the packing, instead it clearly said Mospeada on the box front.

The toy looked identical to the US version and was selling for HK$89 (US$11.50). I didn't buy one though.

Although a Japanese release of the Alpha MPC has been announced a long time ago, this is the first I've head of an Asian version of the Alpha superposeables.

Graham

Toynami indeed produced Mospeada super posable aim for non US market. I do not think it did very well, because they were trying to push US sellers to buy it.

It is exactly same as the US vversion, except the prints on the pacakge.

Anyway, I was in my local Jusco department store yesterday (a Japanese department store chain in HK) and I noticed they were selling Toynami Mospeada Legios Superposeables. That's right, Mospeada, not Robotech.

The style of the packing was very similar to the US versions, but Robotech was not mentioned anywhere on the packing, instead it clearly said Mospeada on the box front.

The toy looked identical to the US version and was selling for HK$89 (US$11.50). I didn't buy one though.

Although a Japanese release of the Alpha MPC has been announced a long time ago, this is the first I've head of an Asian version of the Alpha superposeables.

Graham

I heard about them awhile back. I think they were limited too. I think I remember 750 each or something like that. Have to go searching now.

Edit: found where I saw it at Link

Edited by Mechafan

from what i understand toynami works with epoch to distribute stuff in japqan. Kind of like hopw they were to distribute epoch's stuff in teh USA.

i dont care how big a beta would be, if yhey made an alpbha 1/32 scale and made it a one shot non combining release it would be worth 80$

and many people cry foul over the VF-0.....read thge latese 1.100 announcement thread news thing from last week./

from what i understand toynami works with epoch to distribute stuff in japqan. Kind of like hopw they were to distribute epoch's stuff in teh USA.

i dont care how big a beta would be, if yhey made an alpbha 1/32 scale and made it a one shot non combining release it would be worth 80$

and many people cry foul over the VF-0.....read thge latese 1.100 announcement thread news thing from last week./

Yep, the Epoch deal was for release of ALL of Toynami's Mospeada output, not just the MPCs.

'course we'll have to see if more is released, the MPC Legioss has been plugged a couple of times in the Japanese press so it might be saved, but question marks over Mospeada I-men and Superposable Ride Armor...

Cyc

Id really like to get the Alphas, but at 80 bucks for a 6 inch toy... thats like that line of Bandai Gundams that sorta claimed diecast content. The Zeta was a nice toy, but it wasn't worth the 55 I paid for it MSRP. (Kahen/Kado Senshi?) Which kept me from buying the Hyaku Shiki.

For 80 bucks I MIGHT get one of them, and most likely I will wait for Rook's version to come out.

If that.

On the point of future models, if people have issues with chest scrapping with the non-head fin equipped Stick type...

Cyc (who admits to cheating with his Imai kits by pushing the fins forward instead of back...no scrapping that way)

Id really like to get the Alphas, but at 80 bucks for a 6 inch toy... thats like that line of Bandai Gundams that sorta claimed diecast content. The Zeta was a nice toy, but it wasn't worth the 55 I paid for it MSRP. (Kahen/Kado Senshi?) Which kept me from buying the Hyaku Shiki.

Unlike the KS Zeta, the KS Hyaku Shiki is certainly worth it. Hefty with nice amounts of diecast, including feet, calves, knees, upper legs, shoulders, and upper torso. Also really poseable and generally kickass. I wouldn't touch that zeta though.

And I doubt I'll touch the Legioss. It's looking great, and I like Mospeada, but I just don't have that much interest in the toy. That might change though if the reviews all says it's incredible and I can find one cheap, but what are the chances both those things would happen?

Why did they put a Danger sticker INSIDE the intake? :blink:

The Alpha looks pretty good. Does look like the final prototype. Still waiting to see the finished product though when it comes out.

I'm still probably just going to get the Green one, but who knows.

At least it appears Toynami is making a genuine effort here. I hope they give the Cyclone as much attention.

post-26-1086234157_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis

you know toynami, they dont kno where the hell to put them stickers LOL>

yes it does indeed look like it is a final product sample.....and it looks good! The dead give away was the opacity of the stickers...see on resin protos which are usually shown, they are painted, but in this case as graham pointed out, it is plastic, and as i pointed out those stickers really stick out in the close in and personal shots. Even the crusty paint job on the glass rims is a dead give away to me that this is either final or damn close to it. I mean thats the paint we know and expect from them ! LOL but yes seriously their paint around the canopy tends to look like that.

Does Toynami have any intention of making enemy mecha like the New Generation/Mospeada Gosu/Gorse? That would be incredible if they did. I've noticed they've yet to produce any Zentradi mechs from the Macross saga, so I'm not holding out much hope for bad guy toys from them.

Edited by melancholic

I'd love to see some invid/inbit toys too (and I know a lot of other folks agree), but I worry that they would just reissue the cruddy old HG toys. Who knows, I guess there's another robotech video game coming out, maybe a surge in interest will finally bring us some decent invid. I'm not getting my hopes up, though.

Does anyone know more about the folded up Cyclone gimmick? There's definitely a 'motorcycle' sticker that you can see on the chest area. And it does indeed look like part of the chest hinges out (you can tell by the arrows in fighter and robot modes). So far I've only heard about it, but not seen anything.

Anybody know if it got scrapped or not? :)

After examining the pictures, it looks like it just may be a bad transformation for the photo's on the chest draging issue.

From the line art and other toys, it looks like the MPC's nose is not snapped down into the full "flight" position (possibly due to fear of breakage if this is the final resin piece before production or something). Also, when looking at the hips, it appears that they can be moved forward and up (when views in battriod), which would also help the ground clearance issues as well. Me may get lucky and have 2-3mm of space hunder the chest plate.

Leg Joint

Edited by Starnite

After examining the pictures, it looks like it just may be a bad transformation for the photo's on the chest draging issue.

From the line art and other toys, it looks like the MPC's nose is not snapped down into the full "flight" position (possibly due to fear of breakage if this is the final resin piece before production or something). Also, when looking at the hips, it appears that they can be moved forward and up (when views in battriod), which would also help the ground clearance issues as well. Me may get lucky and have 2-3mm of space hunder the chest plate.

Leg Joint

So it seems hmph........... <_< Toynami quality :D