Video Games that never get old

Agent ONE

and robotech battle cry.  ;)

:o

Can you honestly say you play that game all the time.. as in it never gets old to you? I personally hate that game... The next person to tell me to "guard the Cat's Eye" gets to watch me eat their liver.

i tried for three hours to beat that level and never succeded. i'm sure the reasons are more than aparent to you.

as for my games:

Zelda Link to the Past has always had a place in my heart.

i find i can drive around in the GTA games all day. I don't play for random violence, just cruizing around and jumping and riding bikes off things is insanely fun for me.

Tetris

i can play smash bros (n64) all day, but people like the new game cube one now, and i don't htink its' as fun. finding players for the n64 version is hard now.

Grand Tourismo 2

Raiden 2 (Super Raiden?)

Marvel vs Capcom 2 (arcade) i defy anyone to beat my Ryu Ken Dan team :-)

There are a lot of games I can play through more than once (given the time)... and at any given time, if my buds come over, we can play pretty much any given shooter or fighter, and my wife and I are always up for some Tiger Woods...

But there is only ONE series that, no matter how many times I play it, it never gets old. Seriously. And that would be Megaman/Rockman (well, as Jemstone already pointed out, not EXE or Legends). I'm almost getting burn out on X, but the Zero series is still a blast... but where it's really at is the classic series. The Anniversary Collection was a dream come true for me, and even before that, I would play through at least 1-6 once or twice a year, just to stay in practice. And when the Anniversary Collection came out, I finished it in 8 days... because everday, I sat down and played entirely through one Megaman game. Ah, good times. Maybe I can sneak a little time with MMAC before Ace Combat 5, since I finished Zero 3...

Games I literally never get tired of:

Gunstar Heroes

Contra III: Alien Wars

Tempest /Tempest 2000

ThunderForce 3 & 4

Street Fighter 2 (esp Turbo)

Streets Of Rage 2 (Bare Knuckle 2)

Shin Samurai Spirits (Sam Sho 2)

Fatal Fury Special (Best overall music in a fighting game ever)

Combat (Atari 2600) looks like crap now but 3 helicopters versus bomber was the bomb

Virtua Fighter series

Top honors to SF2, Thunderforce series, and Tempest.

In no particular order.

Atari 2600

-Asteroids

-Combat

-Yars Revenge

-Solaris

-Centipede

Dreamcast

-Crazy Taxi 1 & 2

PS2

-GTA 3 and GTA Vice City

-Tony Hawk's Underground

NES

-Super Mario Bros. 2 & 3

-Pac-Man

Original NES Contra, still haven't beaten it without dying, I have without using a continue or the 30 lives (up, up, down, down, left, right, B, A, Start will never be forgotten, ever). Always nice to pop it in the NES and blast away.

I still play Civ2 and just recently finally got into Alpha Centauri. I fear the day I actually get Civ3, which was pretty awesome the times I've tried it.

Soul Calibur 2 was the first and only fighting game I ever got into and tried to learn inside and out. Just an awesome game.

GTA, been with the series since the top down days, was pretty cool then, but just evolved into the great game it is today (GTA: San Andreas looks to be the best one yet)

I like to fire up the home arcade system every now and then and play these pcb's:

The Punisher

Cadillacs & Dinosaurs

Alien VS Predator

Final Fight

Battletoads (Electronic Arts)

Sunset Riders

Cowboys of Moo Mesa

GI Joe

Bucky O'hare

UN Squadron

Varth

19XX

Sidearms

Carrier Airwing

Contra

Super Contra

Bunch of Capcom and Konami goodness!

I like having different themed game days, too, like an all-Treasure day with games like:

Gunstar Heroes

Radiant Silvergun

Guardian Heroes

Dynamite Headdy

I have held onto all my older game systems for games like:

Contra III

Castlevania IV

Macross (Saturn & Super Famicom games)

Zelda LTTP

Super Metroid

Turtles in Time

Streets of Rage 2

Shinobi III

Robocop VS Terminator (Genesis version)

Mario All-Stars

Contra Hard Corps

Legendary Axe

Blazing Lasers

Man, I could go on ...

Ahh,this is a thread I am an expert at. I pretty well play only play old games now. Why? Because I think Gameplay has actually regressed since the mid 90s. So many of the games just reuse the third person perspective, same keys same everything. I just get tired of it.

#1- Xcom UFO defence. Just stunning. One of the greatest games ever, and I break it out once in awhile on my old 486 just to teach the etherals who is boss.

#2- Starcraft. maybe the most balanced game ever made. Excellent gameplay, graphics that don't look dated even today.

#3 Most Final Fantasys BEFORE 7 + Final Fantasy Tactics. Every Final Fantasy Since 7 is just a plain copy of its predecessor, with storyline that is basically the same and updated graphics. The best however is FF tactics. By far, it blows all of the FF games on gameplay, story, and feel

#4 Goldeneye/Perfect Dark. What is better than breaking out the old N-64 with friends just to relive drunken highschool parties?

#5 MarioKart Super or 64.

#6 Quake. I've played it recently against some friends with an old lan they have, and its still just as fun as before.

#7 The legend of Zelda and Zelda. Another game I play time to time

#8 Metal Gear Solid. I don't know what it is about this game, except that it just feels right. IT was one of the first third person shooters to look good, that really has become all the rage.

#9 Front Mission 3. god why don't they make more games like this.

#10 Grand Theft auto 2. I think it was the last good GTA. It had stylish graphics, and improved gameplay from 1.

Notice how I didn't say GTA 3 or any of its derivatives. Thats because they are all the same. there is no difference between them all.

Oh god, I forgot Contra, UN squadron/area88, Street Fighter 2 (Who spent a month straight learning Shoryuken and the spinning pile driver and can still do it to this day?)

Strikers 1945. It was the best top down shooter ever made, like the pinnacle of a genre.

Also Macross VFX2 is up there. five years on and its still a great game to play. Unfortunately I lost my copy. IS anybody willing to sell theirs?

Edited by Noyhauser

So I bought the PC version of Final Fantasy VII [1]. And I played it, and got quite a way through, but didn't get to the end.

Then I did the same thing a few months later, but searched around more for some of the secrets.

Then I sold it.

Then I bought it back off the guy I sold it to. And I started to play it again.

But I got a bit fed up with the rather lacklustre PC conversion, and trying to play it on my PC gamepad.

So I went and bought the PSOne version. And started to play it again.

But I've stopped for a bit.

Because I'm playing Final Fantasy Tactics...

...help me... :ph34r:

[1] Yes, yes, I know - I have since played several other console RPGs, including the wonderful FFVI and the superb Chrono Trigger. But VII was the first game of that type I ever played, and it made quite an impression. Like being hit with Knights of the Round. Twice...

#1- Xcom UFO defence. Just stunning. One of the greatest games ever, and I break it out once in awhile on my old 486 just to teach the etherals who is boss.

I was just about to list that one.

Too bad they didn't make a windows version... :angry:

Unless they did, and I missed it. <_<

Games that never get old................

I used to always have Quake installed. Now I have Quake 3 always installed as I am constantly playing Painkeep Arena. One the best mods EVAR!!!

I recently re-installed Tiberian Sun and am revisiting some of favorite mods for the game. Always fun to blow stuff up.

:lol:

The X-Com Collectors Edition (had X:UD, X:TFtD, and X:A) was windows enabled. I had to get a direct draw patch for XP, though.... 2K ran it fine....

You know the one thing I always wanted but never got? The ability to nail an alien with the butt of your weapon to dash it to the ground.... I always hated turning a corner and being face to face with a Muton, and there I was with a single plasma shot to try and get the bastard down....

TFtD wasn't as bad, as you had the thermal lances to help....

Edited by gnollman

Freecell.

That's all I can play at work! They won't let me load games onto the computers!

can you imagine 6 of us playing Halo on a city-wide network all over town????!

no traffic tickets that night

:lol:

I have to bring my own notebook in to play games...on those quiet nights...

and

Tetris! on a VAX system!

Homeworld 1 Rules! especially with the Macross mods!

Waiting for the homeworld 2 mods.

Anyone play Intelligent Qube 1 and 2?

Edited by Chowser

The X-Com Collectors Edition (had X:UD, X:TFtD, and X:A) was windows enabled. I had to get a direct draw patch for XP, though.... 2K ran it fine....

You know the one thing I always wanted but never got? The ability to nail an alien with the butt of your weapon to dash it to the ground.... I always hated turning a corner and being face to face with a Muton, and there I was with a single plasma shot to try and get the bastard down....

TFtD wasn't as bad, as you had the thermal lances to help....

where can I download that patch, and do you know who sells teh collectors edition?