Pics of my Mospeada models built by Jung...

Pat S

Thought some of you would get a kick out of these... Check out the Green Legioss detail pics, I'm still amazed!

The only one not built by Jung is the red Legioss.

Mospeada/Cyclones

http://www.mrtwo.net/mr2modproject/toys/mo...peadas/pics.htm

3 Imai Legioss

http://www.mrtwo.net/mr2modproject/toys/mo...egioss/pics.htm

Detail pics of the Green Legioss

http://www.mrtwo.net/mr2modproject/toys/mo...egioss/pics.htm

Blue Imai Legioss and MPC Alpha comparison pictures...

http://www.mrtwo.net/mr2modproject/toys/mo...arison/pics.htm

God that Imai kit by jung is so pretty. Even Kin's Paper model puts that alpha MPc to shame.

Awww, if you can find one that doesn't break out of the box, I think the sculpt is pretty good.

The pics would look a little better if I waited to take pics after I learned how to transform it and lock the tabs down too.

WOW Pat S

Those Ride Armor/Cyclones kits are a sight to behold :blink::blink::blink:

Thanks for starting a separate thread to show these babies off!

Do you know if Jung id doing any more he can let go?

...come on Toynami, please work on those qc issues I would love to have a MPC Cyclone too along with the Shadow Fighter and Beta :(

• 6 months later...

Did anyone else notice that the 1/48 Imai kit is the SAME size as the MPC Alpha? I was under the impression that the MPC Alphas were 1/55 in scale but they look more like 1/48 instead.

So the final question is.

Is the IMAI model off scale or is the MPC Alpha off scale?

bbarr97

god those are fantastic looking. very nice collection. how much did you spend on these anyhow?

chris

Those look very nice. I not a big fan of Mospeada but those look awesome.

Just out of curiosity, how long do you think it takes an experienced modeler like Jung to build one of those? I mean, it takes me anywhere from 30 to 40 hours to build one Hasegawa valk! And my results suck compared to his. :(

I believe the correct answer is:

Neither one is correct.

Both kits are somewhere between 1/48 and 1/55. Somebody on RT.com did the math for us and we figured that 1/55 would be a bit smaller than the MPC and 1/48 would be a bit larger than the Imai.

Personally, I love the MPC sculpt. I own the models to make all three of the Legioss but damn, after seeing this I'd never be happy with my own attempt :( Don't hold the MPC's fighter mode against it based on the comparison pic, the front "fins" are still pushed down instead of being in their proper position making it look kinda sloppy. Looks like the back flap that fits the shoulder mounted sensor (whatever that thing is) fits a lot better on MPCs and the front fins are anime correct on the MPCs (as far as their folding behind the mech in battloid). For a model, those Legioss are super impressive though.

I never understood where they got that center missle stand and top mounted gun though... those don't appear in the series do they???

Does this Jung character still build and paint models for people? Maybe he can do my Legioss too! :)

I believe the correct answer is:

Neither one is correct.

Both kits are somewhere between 1/48 and 1/55. Somebody on RT.com did the math for us and we figured that 1/55 would be a bit smaller than the MPC and 1/48 would be a bit larger than the Imai.

Personally, I love the MPC sculpt. I own the models to make all three of the Legioss but damn, after seeing this I'd never be happy with my own attempt :( Don't hold the MPC's fighter mode against it based on the comparison pic, the front "fins" are still pushed down instead of being in their proper position making it look kinda sloppy. Looks like the back flap that fits the shoulder mounted sensor (whatever that thing is) fits a lot better on MPCs and the front fins are anime correct on the MPCs (as far as their folding behind the mech in battloid). For a model, those Legioss are super impressive though.

I never understood where they got that center missle stand and top mounted gun though... those don't appear in the series do they???

Does this Jung character still build and paint models for people? Maybe he can do my Legioss too! :)

Interesting. Thanks for putting me in the know on the scale. It still looks like the model and the MPC are exactly the same size height wise though. I still have three of those IMAI models waiting to be built.

Interesting. Thanks for putting me in the know on the scale. It still looks like the model and the MPC are exactly the same size height wise though. I still have three of those IMAI models waiting to be built.

Yep, don't get me wrong, they are both the same scale. It's just that they're both like 1/51 scale if you want to be overly proper. That's assuming the math done on RT.com was proper. Obviously that makes it close enough where if you said it was either 1/55 or 1/48 you're close enough to being right where no one will argue with you on something this small.

Then again... these MPCs have pretty tricky transformations and maybe the person who did the math just didn't extend the toy out far enough and it really ought to be 1/48 scale. Let the debate live on....

Edited by jenius

Nice pics. I love Jung's work, Mospeada, and good pics. I also like the comparison pics. Neither the Imai or the Toynami is close to perfect. Both do some things well and others things not so well. I like the MPC, though, but wish Toynami spent a little more time making the fighter mode look better.

Yep, don't get me wrong, they are both the same scale. It's just that they're both like 1/51 scale if you want to be overly proper. That's assuming the math done on RT.com was proper. Obviously that makes it close enough where if you said it was either 1/55 or 1/48 you're close enough to being right where no one will argue with you on something this small.

Then again... these MPCs have pretty tricky transformations and maybe the person who did the math just didn't extend the toy out far enough and it really ought to be 1/48 scale. Let the debate live on....

LOL, no debate here. Actually it is kind of nice to know. I may just sell my VF-1 Masterpiece set and have the 1/48 Yamato and Masterpiece Alpha compliment since they are very close to scale.

Thanks!

Brad

I like the MPC, though, but wish Toynami spent a little more time making the fighter mode look better.

They did.

If anything, Toynami improved greatly on the fighter mode of the Legioss, and it's immensely nicer and more accurate than the Imai model... They also "borrowed" the kinked-LEX and extended wing planform from my 1/32 model, but that's another story alltogether.

For what it's worth, the fighter mode will always be arthritic at best; it's just a byproduct of that design, and to over-emphasize the fighter mode would just result in an Armo-Soldier that looks retarded and unflattering.

I like the MPC, though, but wish Toynami spent a little more time making the fighter mode look better.

They did.

If anything, Toynami improved greatly on the fighter mode of the Legioss, and it's immensely nicer and more accurate than the Imai model... They also "borrowed" the kinked-LEX and extended wing planform from my 1/32 model, but that's another story alltogether.

For what it's worth, the fighter mode will always be arthritic at best; it's just a byproduct of that design, and to over-emphasize the fighter mode would just result in an Armo-Soldier that looks retarded and unflattering.

I dunno if it is better. I mean the landing gears are a little small compared to the Imai. Imai fighter mode looks really sweet.

LOL, no debate here. Actually it is kind of nice to know. I may just sell my VF-1 Masterpiece set and have the 1/48 Yamato and Masterpiece Alpha compliment since they are very close to scale.

Well, i guess another way to tell would be to see how natural 1/48 Yammie pilots look next to the Alphas.