Ban Hurin

He instigates, nothing more. At times he seems to be here for the right reason, but he isn't.

Yeah. That's why I said I wanted it to end already. Anyway, I've said more than I should've. Bring back the peace. B))

Back to lurk mode.

he must be gettin frustrated cuz he ain't gettin any...so he's taking it out his agressions on mw :rolleyes:

yeah i kinda know what you mean...that's why i ignore all the "debating" and near flaming posts hurin and other mw'rs make....it's like they enjoy beating a dead horse <_<

I can think of plenty of other members that I could say the same thing about.

Do we really want to start a witchhunt?

No... This guy has just crossed the line way too many times.

you can't have romeo without juliet...

Tarzan without Jane...

Hikaru without Minmay... oh wait... there's always Misa...

;)

So you are saying we need someone to be a jerk?

Tarzan without Jane...

;)

need? We have enough jerks...

I'm just saying, in this case there's a jerker and a jerkee.

Besides, we can't nominate people to be banned... members will start alliances to vote people off, next thing you know we have to wear stupid bandanas and hold torches on their way out and say stupid things like "you've been eliminated..."

Edited by >EXO<

Tarzan without Jane...

;)

need? We have anough jerk...

Besides, we can't nominate people to be banned... members will start alliances to vote people off, next thing you know we have to wear stupid bandanas and hold torches on their way out and say stupid things like "you've been eliminated..."

I know the other guy wyou are talkin about... He isn't 1/10th as bad as Hurin.

And I agree, requests to ban like this one are not a great idea, but our mods are busy with their personal lives as of lately, and they only have the time lock the junk threads every night.. They don't have the time to read everything. I figured I'd give this a try.

As I have respect for those in this thread who think of this thread as a bad idea, you are most definately right. But I employ many bad ideas that in the end turn out ok, so what the hell.

Tarzan without Jane...

;)

need? We have anough jerk...

And I agree, requests to ban like this one are not a great idea, but our mods are busy with their personal lives as of lately, and they only have the time lock the junk threads every night.. They don't have the time to read everything. I figured I'd give this a try.

As I have respect for those in this thread who think of this thread as a bad idea, you are most definately right. But I employ many bad ideas that in the end turn out ok, so what the hell.

Trust me I know how you feel. I can't stand the arguments anymore either, I can see where your frustration would want you to call for some sort of a resolve. Good luck.

Since I've gotten into it with both of them at different times (and currently am on decent terms with each of them), I can easily say they're both equally at fault here.

It takes two people to argue. It only takes one person to stop. ;)

Edited by Blaine23

Since I've gotten into it with both of them at different times (and currently am on decent terms with each of them), I can easily say they're both equally at fault here.

It takes two people to argue. It only takes one person to stop. ;)

Yeah but Hurin says "lets drop it" then throws an insult in at the end of his post... I mean most people would just ignore and this other person in question doesn't ignore it, but that isn't his fault.

Tarzan without Jane...

;)

but of course! lol. seriously though, he has crossed over the line a bit much lately...

why not just say my name folks. its not like this is a private forum.

Because you aren't listed in the subject line of the thread.

You may have a short fuse, but there is no law against that.

i here ya, but i know EXO got beef with me, blaine23 might still have it out for me and i don't know about the rest of you guys? but it doesn't really matter.

honestly, i try my best to stay away from the guy but its next to impossible when someone is just trying to be a dick to you every chance they get.

what can i do? what would you do?

Hey A1 you ain't no angel. "Participate" in any Macross 7 threads lately? :rolleyes:

But I do admit they make me laugh.

And Haterist you egg on Hurin sometimes. Don't play the "What did I do" BS You aren't very good at it. Hurin isn't innocent either btw.

i here ya, but i know EXO got beef with me, blaine23 might still have it out for me and i don't know about the rest of you guys? but it doesn't really matter.

honestly, i try my best to stay away from the guy but its next to impossible when someone is just trying to be a dick to you every chance they get.

what can i do? what would you do?

I got beef with you in one thread that could have stayed in PM. Nothing outside of it.

Hey A1 you ain't no angel. "Participate" in any Macross 7 threads lately? :rolleyes:

Affirming the obvious (Macross7 is the suck) and following someone around and taunging them with personal inuslts are two different things.

i here ya, but i know EXO got beef with me, blaine23 might still have it out for me and i don't know about the rest of you guys?  but it doesn't really matter.

Like I said, I've got nothing going on with you or Hurin. I've figured out that it's pointless to argue with either of you.

I just think it's unfair for AgentONE, who has a problem with Hurin, to single him out. I think the two of you both are at fault here.

For the record -

Hurin argues verbosely and absolutely will not let an argument die. Old flames tend to crop up in new arguments constantly. See AgentONE's evidence above.

Haterist argues almost as much:

Don't Discuss Prices on the Boards

Asserting that we all get "kickbacks" for promoting various e-tailers

Threating to fly across country to whoop ass on Hurin

Again, I know you're gonna take this as me defending Hurin or dogging Haterist - but I'm simply trying to keep things balanced here.

Neither of these guys is without fault.

Both argue all the time, not just with each other

And as Max said, the same thing could be said about a good number of folks on the board, myself included.

This isn't a clear case like a SkullOne or a BankofKev... it's just two dudes who need to be seperated and given a "time out" like angry children are when they can't play nice.

Edited by Blaine23

Max,

You asked for evidence of why I should be banned. Here it is. . . I guess:

Exhibit A: haterist viciously attacks anyone who disagrees with him about where people should buy valks. Hurin points out that he's nuts and also being quite hypocritical. Drama ensues.

Exhibit B: haterist demands that everyone stop discussing prices on upcoming products. Even going so far as to call people a-holes who are doing it. Hurin (along with many others) points out that he is nuts. Drama ensues.

Exhibit C: haterist takes it upon himself to create a "MW FAQ." Hurin suggests that maybe it's a bit long and that maybe it should have the word "unofficial" in it lest it be mistaken as official MW policy. Suprisingly, Hurin even lets this one drop even though he's egged on by haterist.

Exhibit D: haterist insults police officers in a thread where a MWer member who happens to be a police officer has already started trying to help. Hurin points out that he is nuts (and rude).

Exhibit E: haterist declares that there will be no more 1/48 VF-1Ses and uses what I considered to be faulty logic in doing so. I point out the faulty logic in a somewhat jovial post. haterist responds dismissively and with (what I considered) very bad reasoning. A this point, I admit that I let all the prior stuff get to me too quickly and prematurely escalated the situation.

"Hehe, sorry honey, I prematurely escalated again." :D

Anyways. . . in each and every one of those instances, I'm responding to what I (and others) considered to be abysmal behavior on the part of someone else.

And yes, in the course of those threads, you can also see me trade words with Dr.Clay. But I think it's readily apparent that he is showing up just to get a rise out of me.

I freely admit that, in pointing out the incredibly hypocritical and poor behavior of another member, I have become quite an annoyance myself. For that I apologize and will avoid this topic in the future.

Yet nearly all of the time that I have engaged haterist, I'm merely pointing out his own words and asking for him to address or retract them. In the case of haterist, I'm met with profanity, insults, and declarations that everyone hates me.

But I urge anyone wishing me banned and judging me by these last few haterist-related issues to view my entire record. Though, admittedly, you'll have to go back a ways to get by all the haterist stuff.

If you feel the need to ban me over this. So be it. At least I had my say.

For those that I have annoyed while I admittedly got a bit obsessive with pointing out haterist's bizarre antics, my apologies.

Best Regards,

H

this should be a poll, i would luv to see the results of it. think most of us can tolerate haterist like an ankle biting lapdog, its just hurin just rubs us the realy wrong way.

(runs back into the mob with pitch forks and torches)

this should be a poll, i would luv to see the results of it.  think most of us can tolerate haterist like an ankle biting lapdog, its just hurin just rubs us the realy wrong way.

(runs back into the mob with pitch forks and torches)

Why am I not surprised. Well, I guess while we're at it, we can throw that link on the "Hurin needs to be banned because he disagreed with me and quoted my own words back to me too much" pile.

Seriously guys. Just go ahead and ban me already. If I were a troll, I'd be getting off on the attention. But as it is, I find myself just disgusted at this whole thing.

Being attacked by Agent One (of all people) for being too arrogant and abrasive!?!

. . . I am a marketing professional I majored in Marketing, got a masters degree in marketing, and have marketed many products for all age groups including children, and more importantly I am consistantly successfull in my marketing efforts. It is not your place to judge what I said, it is out of your element, and beyond your understanding.

The funniest thing about ALL who argue with me: Your arguments are just emotional and angry, there is no real substance there. Keith makes up statistics with double negitives and other falacies of logic but his stupidity is obvious to even the casual thread participant.

My God. . . I mean, if we wanted to make the case that Agent One is unnecessarily abrasive, combative, and confrontational, and tried to get him banned, it would be quite a thread. But, I'm Hurin. And he's Agent One. . . and apparently, you cross him at your peril. <_< I actually did think to myself: "Agent One has a lot of pull around here. I should just kiss his @ss via PM like the last few times, placate that ego of his, and he'll go away again like he has before." But I never dreamed that not kissing his @ss would lead to this. But the hypocrisy here on Agent ONE's part is just simply breath-taking.

If MW is now the type of place where haterist is embraced for all the crazy-ass things he says. So be it. If it's the type of place where people who engage in thoughtful discussion and argue their points of view passionately (once praised) are now mocked for typing too much and told to pipe down so that we can get back to ten-word posts based on calling people "girly men" and simply asserting that you're right. So be it. If we're going to start voting people off the "island" because a long-standing member has decided that he's had enough. . . so be it.

The way things are now. . . seeing who is lauded and who is damned around here. . . I wouldn't consider it shameful at all to be voted off this particular island by these particular people.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. You can tell more about a person by his enemies than by his friends.

But for those of you who have attempted to inject some reason and balance into this witch hunt. Thanks.

H

Edited by Hurin

I know my opinon doesn't really matter but I actually have no problems with Hurin or Haterist. I've communicated fine with Haterist before and by all accounts, he does have a short fuse but it's fine. If you know someone acts the way they do, you don't take it as personally.

Re: Hurin, it is nice to at least see someone back up his/her arguements in a logical fashion.

Give them both a break as they're both decent members here and don't deserve being banned for bickering.

Hey A1 you ain't no angel. "Participate" in any Macross 7 threads lately?  :rolleyes:

Affirming the obvious (Macross7 is the suck) and following someone around and taunging them with personal inuslts are two different things.

So I guess you've never insulted or taunted anyone here? Like Keith or Hurin?

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...opic=9784&st=20

using the term "girlie man" is insulting. You're just like you beloved 1 term Arnold lol

Your other smart ass taunt to Alindsue in the M7 thread

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...opic=9322&st=80

stop the BS games that you play

Being attacked by Agent One (of all people) for being too arrogant and abrasive!?!

. . . I am a marketing professional I majored in Marketing, got a masters degree in marketing, and have marketed many products for all age groups including children, and more importantly I am consistantly successfull in my marketing efforts. It is not your place to judge what I said, it is out of your element, and beyond your understanding.

The funniest thing about ALL who argue with me: Your arguments are just emotional and angry, there is no real substance there. Keith makes up statistics with double negitives and other falacies of logic but his stupidity is obvious to even the casual thread participant.

My God. . .

Heh... YOUR God indeed... Are you praying to me?

Thank you for reminding me of how BAADASSSSS I am.

I never had a problem with your arogance... arogance is beautiful.