Official Gundam Seed Destiny Thread

Anubis

If the Captain position for the Minvera is ever open, Athrun will be the only one on Board that can handle the job. I don't even want to imagine having Athur as the Captain :lol::lol::lol:

Who knows, maybe Arthur can pull a confidence streak and handle it. He seems capable, a little bungling maybe, but he still seems to know what he's doing.

As for the "Dom" pic, the "designed by -----" should be a clue that it's just fanart. The Doms in the opening appear to be normal size.

One wonders just what is the capacity for MS on both the Minerva and AA.

I think the largest number I ever saw Minerva carry was 5. AA had 4 at one point. Although if you look at Dominion, I think it had at least 6 to 8 judging from Seed. I get the feeling though that Minerva is never at its full complement, I wonder why... may be it's because they know that additional complement would be essentially like a bunch of red shirts.

Besides that though, there is a question of logistics. Minerva probably has better overall logistical support than AA.

Besides that though, there is a question of logistics. Minerva probably has better overall logistical support than AA.

That might be due to the fact that Minerva is not as automated as Archangel. Archangel never seems to have a crew larger than 50 people (heck there are probably only 20-some ppl on Archangel in Destiny). Minerva feels like there are at least 75-100 people on that ship.

Besides that though, there is a question of logistics.  Minerva probably has better overall logistical support than AA.

That might be due to the fact that Minerva is not as automated as Archangel. Archangel never seems to have a crew larger than 50 people (heck there are probably only 20-some ppl on Archangel in Destiny). Minerva feels like there are at least 75-100 people on that ship.

By logistical support, I meant having a network of bases where you can draw resupplies, new MS, and so forth. Doesn't have anything to do with the amount of personnel on board.

Although it is a good point that AA probably have fewer people.

GL actually did carry quite a few MS. Let's see, at least 5, or 6 if you count the MA as an MS. But that ship is more or less like an AA class minus positron gun.

Don't forget too, the Minerva had to leave port in a dash. It might well have the capacity for several more mobile suits than the Impulse, 2 Zakus, and 2 Guaiz they had in the beginning, and meant to carry more. The Minerva's been up to five mobile suits so far, including the impulse, so it should have plenty of space left. The hangar looks really big in there.

The Kusanagi alone had a lot of Astrays on board. Had to have been at least a dozen.

It would go out there and say the Minerva could probably carry at least 10 mobile suits. minimum. Any other pilots would be canon fodder though as evidenced by the two in the beginning (and Heine too actually), so it probably won't go past 4 or 5 ace pilots.

The most they've shown the Archangel carry so far has been 4 (Strike, Buster, Fredom, Justice) , and when they got in space the number got split again when the Freedom and Justice went to the eternal. Strike Rouge was always on the Kusanagi. They always show lots more room in the AA hangar.

The Dominion had the 3 gundams, and a group of Daggers, though they never said how many they had unfortunately.

The AA could therefore hold several Murasames on it too in addition to the Freedom, SR, and gold M, which would be intertesting if they actually did pick up some of those.

Some actual ship stats would be nice, Aren't there any official sources yet for that yet?

Minerva started out with five suits (Impulse, two Zakus, two Guaizs) as well as picking up an extra Zaku thanks to Athrun coming aboard, and in episode 3 Dullandil mentioned that it wasn't carrying a full complement (but wouldn't say what that full capacity was), so if six isn't nearly full, you'd have to assume full would be around the 8-10 range.

Kusanagi had 11 mobile suits, including Strike Rouge. 13 if you include two suits that were stationed on board it according to MSV stuff.

Archangel can hold at least five, since it was to be the carrier for the first five Gundams.

Edited by Panon

By logistical support, I meant having a network of bases where you can draw resupplies, new MS, and so forth. Doesn't have anything to do with the amount of personnel on board.

Although it is a good point that AA probably have fewer people.

Minerva still might have it better since they have a larger crew. More people, more resources spent to keep everybody happy. But then we come to a quality vs. quantity issue. With Archangel, since they've had a small crew and been in some tight spots where support was zero, so they are probably better at resource allocation than Minerva, whose never had to worry about supply problems. So Archangel can do a lot less stop and go unlike Minerva. Of course, that might mean Archangel would get less quantity support, but it might mean that you get more quality support. But this is Archangel we're talking about. With the stuff they've been through, they probably are pretty darn efficient. They could probably make a loaf of bread last more than 2 weeks without it growing mold....

I don't know why but I find this to be so cute:

post-26-1115934085_thumb.jpg

There is no doubt having a larger crew is more helpful. Especially true given the fact that Minerva seem to see far more damage that Archangel ever did. I mean episode 28 essentially had Minerva crippled. Probably 90% of its weapons inoperable, and so forth. Don't think AA ever saw that much damage, probably the closest it came was during the last epsiode in Seed.

heh heh, chibi minerva, how cute, do they have chibi AA too somewhere?

The Minerva got scrathces on it compared to the damage the Minerva just suffered.

In the last fight of Seed one of the Lohengreens was destroyed, and they took some more damage scattered around. They may have lost some more weapons too, but nothing on the Minerva's level.

The Minerva suffered severe damage. The center of the ship was trashed, decks exposed though the gaping hole. The Isolde, Tannhauser, and one of the Tristans are all gone. They lost a catapult. They said only 40% of the CIWS were still active. Rey's Zaku was crippled with both arms gome, though should be easily repaired, Lunamaria's Zaku is totalled (it's a miracle she's walking around in the ep. 30 preview, really bandaged up, but still walking around). Savior got dissected, but true to Gundam tradition it should be able to be rebuilt as the torso is intact.

Only thing NOT damaged is the Impulse, except for the Blast Silouette exploding.

The Minerva needs serious repair. They had to have had a lot of casualties. If the bridge didn't lower like it does the bridge would have been destroyed from the fragmentation shells at the onset.

The Minerva survived a fleet engagement by itself, but if Shinn hadn't chopped up the Orb fleet she would have gone down.

don't forget about kira!,, he helped too. on ep 28 the Minvera would have sunk without his help, period. Arch Angel also help a bit too. so to be fair they didn't really survived a fleet engagement all by itself :)

But I got to say it was a tough battle for Minvera, they were really gettting a pounding, near death even. I don't think we'll see them get into a deadly situation like this until the very end of the series. I wonder would they get a upgrade :)

don't forget about kira!,, he helped too. on ep 28 the Minvera would have sunk without his help, period. Arch Angel also help a bit too. so to be fair they didn't really survived a fleet engagement all by itself :)

But I got to say it was a tough battle for Minvera, they were really gettting a pounding, near death even. I don't think we'll see them get into a deadly situation like this until the very end of the series. I wonder would they get a upgrade :)

Disabling the one Murasame that was going for the bridge was the only decent thing Kira did in 28.

When the carrier was bearing down on the Minerva, Kira blasted REY's remaining arm off and took out one of the Minerva's Tristans, as if the minerva wasn't screwed over enough already and in dire straights.

Archangel didn't do crap in 28. They did even less than they did when Heine was killed. If the AA wanted to help, it should have got alongside the Minerva and took some heat off.

They're all for protecting Orb, but don't give a damn about the Minerva really, even knowing Athrun was on board. No one was yelling Stop It when the Minerva was getting pounded. When Shinn starts slicing, it's a different story.

"Cagalli's crying right now." Boo hoo. Kira's an ass in this show. Never mind helping your friend to survive.

Come on, it pretty unfair to say disabling one Murasame was the only decent thing Kira did in ep 28. First that was clearly a live or death situation for the Minvera Crew, they were about to take a blast at point blank. What will happen to Shin and Athrun if the Minvera is sunk?? they will run out of power for sure. Anyone that saved you from a situation like that can't be called just disabling one Murasame B)) Credit should be given when it's due. :) also dont' forget about a disable Chaos too.

What was Athrun doing?? chasing and blocking Kira from doing anything. Kira also disable Chaos Gundam in the middle of their tag game,, for some reason Athrun got even more angst :huh: ??

The Arch Angel didn't help that much,, but it did fire a couple of blast next to the ORB ships to stop them from advancing closer to the Minvera. Even a single blast is consider help.

As for Rey's arm,, do you know why???, The ORB carrier was already sinking at the time,,order to abandon ship was given, everyone was abandoning ship, the Carrier was no longer attacking. But Rey and the Tristans was still shooting. They were disable because they were attacking a dead horse in a way. Shinn was jumping around disabling Ships at the time.

They're all for protecting Orb, but don't give a damn about the Minerva really, even knowing Athrun was on board. No one was yelling Stop It when the Minerva was getting pounded. When Shinn starts slicing, it's a different story.

Come on what's with the hate,, if they were just protecting ORB why save the Minvera at all, wouldn't that end the battle super quick, along with lots more ORB soldier and ships surviving? Cagalli did try to talk to the ORB fleet once more to ask them to stop, but Shinn greeted her with a bunch of missiles before she can say much. And even after that she still blocked a raid from an team of Murasame that was about to attack the Minvera, her talks fail but the attack was delayed.

So with all this,, you really can't say the "The Minerva survived a fleet engagement by itself". Any bit of help is help, especially when you are in desperaty need of it. B))

Anyway,, I don't want this to go any longer since ep 30 will be releasing in 2 days,, so lets just leave the ep 28 debate to rest for now. :lol:

Edited by F360°

don't forget about kira!,, he helped too.  on ep 28 the Minvera would have sunk without his help, period.  Arch Angel also help a bit too.  so to be fair they didn't really survived a fleet engagement all by itself :)

But I got to say it was a tough battle for Minvera, they were really gettting a pounding, near death even.  I don't think we'll see them get into a deadly situation like this until the very end of the series.  I wonder would they get a upgrade :)

Disabling the one Murasame that was going for the bridge was the only decent thing Kira did in 28.

When the carrier was bearing down on the Minerva, Kira blasted REY's remaining arm off and took out one of the Minerva's Tristans, as if the minerva wasn't screwed over enough already and in dire straights.

Archangel didn't do crap in 28. They did even less than they did when Heine was killed. If the AA wanted to help, it should have got alongside the Minerva and took some heat off.

"Cagalli's crying right now." Boo hoo. Kira's an ass in this show. Never mind helping your friend to survive.

As I stated earlier, I don't know how you would react to ZAFT if they sent an extermination squad to kill your girlfriend. That's were the loyalties lie, not on the side of Minerva, but on the side of Lacus and crew. Kira and co. are put in a pretty desperate situation and it's not like Athrun is helping (he's totally brainwashed with ZAFT propoganda). He's supposed to use the Saviour to help Zaft from straying from the path.

gee... didn't he live in ORB... doesn't he know it's run right now by some crying little wimp... he should be using his MS to kill that guy off and get the fleet to retreat...

also as i recall... kira hasn't killed anyone yet... I thought Athrun was as skilled a pilot as Kira but he still has to go for a kill shot to take anyone down.

Haven't seem many post about 29 yet.

I thought it was cool they showed Crueset's face more and give a few bits of info on his character, and Dullindal's too. Some nice overtures to the big picture, but once again it's even harder to tell wether Dullindal is bad or not. I like this aspect of the show, its even more unpredictable than the last series.

They kept showing kid Rey all the time too. Is this kind of a Jango Fett/Boba Fett nod, with Rey being a clone "son"?

Edited by Anubis

Well, there it is, the Destiny Gundam officially has a Beam Shield in it's gauntlet.

post-26-1115998906_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis

The Arch Angel didn't help that much,, but it did fire a couple of blast next to the ORB ships to stop them from advancing closer to the Minvera. Even a single blast is consider help.

As for Rey's arm,, do you know why???, The ORB carrier was already sinking at the time,,order to abandon ship was given, everyone was abandoning ship, the Carrier was no longer attacking. But Rey and the Tristans was still shooting. They were disable because they were attacking a dead horse in a way. Shinn was jumping around disabling Ships at the time.

Come on what's with the hate,, if they were just protecting ORB why save the Minvera at all, wouldn't that end the battle super quick, along with lots more ORB soldier and ships surviving? Cagalli did try to talk to the ORB fleet once more to ask them to stop, but Shinn greeted her with a bunch of missiles before she can say much. And even after that she still blocked a raid from an team of Murasame that was about to attack the Minvera, her talks fail but the attack was delayed.

So with all this,, you really can't say the "The Minerva survived a fleet engagement by itself". Any bit of help is help, especially when you are in desperaty need of it. B))

Anyway,, I don't want this to go any longer since ep 30 will be releasing in 2 days,, so lets just leave the ep 28 debate to rest for now. :lol:

Kira's exact contributions to Minerva: disabled three Murasames, diabled Chaos.

Damage Kira did to Minerva: Wrecked Savior, blew up one Tristan, disabled Rey.

Now, that's actual damage done, what else? Tried to put down Shinn on numerous occasions, forcing Athrun to engage him so there is no repeat of Heine. Hence distracting Athrun from defence of Minerva. Tried to kill Shinn again when he was slicing apart Orb fleet, hence further endangering the Minerva.

In terms of help, Kira helped EA/Orb just a bit more than Minerva. AA did do more. But if they are truly intent on helping, they could have pull along side Minerva, and communicated their intentions. Which you'll note, none of the crew really did. Thankfully, Murrue was not that stupid. :lol:

As for Orb carrier sinking, it wasn't sinking fast enough. Ever hear of this physical phenomenon called momentum. It works like this, if you drive a car, and then let up on the gas, the car will slow, but it's momentum will still carry it far along unless someone hit the brakes. Same concept here. That carrier was still on a collision course, it was before Shinn sliced apart the bridge, so odds are the ship might have still been steerable. And Minerva didn't look like it could fly, if you were running Minerva would you take the chance? That would be awfully stupid. :blink:

The problem is Kira and company didn't have a clear objective, as in they didn't know what the hell they were doing. They wanted to protect Orb's ideals, and protect Orb troops. Those are conflicting objectives. To best protect Orb ideals, they need to get Orb to withdrawl. To best protect Orb troops, they should've sunk Minerva. So, what they opted to do was halfway, meaning, they tried to do both and did neither very well.

This doesn't take away from the fact Minerva got some help from AA, but they were also significantly hurt by AA.

As for ep 29, it wasn't clear where Dullindal stood, he was arguing against Klueze about fate. Klueze's idea is mankind is fated to wipe themselves out. On the other hand, his argument against fate also puts him against Kira/Lacus, after all, if you believe in fate, that's what brought those two together. You might say he could think Lacus is a part of the problem, and she is fated to keep causing trouble, and he is trying to change that fate. But again, very unclear what he is about, he's got a potential to go either way still. AA itself is a problem just because they do cause confusion on the battlefield, no one knows for sure what they do. Given what they've done so far, Dullindal wouldn't be unjustified in wanting to having AA removed in a pure military sense.

Someone posted the shot of the 1/144 Strike Freedom box art on AS.

11159962487788jb.th.jpg

ZGMF-X20A Strike Freedom. Whether or not that sticks......So I guess Lacus helps herself to some Gundams.....either that or underestimated the pink princess we have.

Someone posted the shot of the 1/144 Strike Freedom box art on AS.

11159962487788jb.th.jpg

ZGMF-X20A Strike Freedom. Whether or not that sticks......So I guess Lacus helps herself to some Gundams.....either that or underestimated the pink princess we have.

So it's a Zaft MS afterall? Man, I was hoping the Blue Cosmos rumors would be true. And why does Destiny have a normal shield if it has beam shields? Overkill?

More ZAFT gundams. :( :( :(:angry::huh:

As I was looking forward to seeing episode 30, since things seemed to be finally getting interesting I'm not even going to bother. I didn't even bother with episode 29 either. Things seem to be just getting worse and worse. With Destory looking like it's not going to last more then two episodes and not even be attacking ZAFT forces things have just gone intot he crapper I feel with the Strike Freedom being a ZAFT suit. Meaning that there is an even greater chance of Justice being ZAFT made as well. Just leaving Chaos as the EA's only decent mobile suit and who knows how long till that is destoryed now that both Gaia and Abyss are gone(and were ven ZAFT suits to begin with) from the EA. If I had known the EA and it's forces were going to be treated and presented as poo I wouldn't even have started watching the series.

Couldn't save the pic before it was 'digitized', but cannot figure what the orange-ish figure in the bottom is, anyone have an idea?

It's surrounded (from left-to-right) by the EMSIA Zeta, and MSIA Freedom(I think), and 2 Destinys.

The orange-ish color may just be because it is a sculpt, but a sculpt of what?

Also looks as if it has a pack with what appear to be funnel-type features a la Providence Gundam:

:huh:

post-26-1116036629.jpg

I just fiished watching Destiny over here in Tokyo.

**** SOME SPOILERS HERE ****

Since my Japanese is very limited, there was quite a bit of dialog between the AA crew and Kira. As far as I could tell, the conversation almost makes it seem like Kira will be in control of the AA.

They also over some of the Stellar/Shinn storyline a bit. Going back to Anubis' early post:

Back to conspiracies, it's Shinn AND Rey that take and release Stellar. So who's idea is it going to be really? Either Rey suggest to Shinn they let her go, or Shinn goes to Rey for help and Rey agrees to help. It would be beneficial to the string-pullers to release Stellar so the EA can put her right back into combat, since the EA needs the extendeds to fight. Losing one is ok, but they just lost Auel, leaving only Sting right now. They need Stellar back.

Shinn and Rey release Stellar, Talia scolds them but conveniently lets them off the hook, mission complete. Shinn remains oblivious for now focused on the fact he just saved Stellar's life and not the repercussions of doing so.

Seeing Stellar suffering from her lack of medication, Shinn decides on his own to take Stellar back to Neo. It's not until Shinn gets to the hangar with Stellar on the gurney that Rey winds up helping Shinn, much to Shinn's surprise. Early in the episode, Rey awakens to see Shinn doing some work with Gaia's information on their room's computer. When Rey asks Shinn what he was doing, Shinn merely states that it's nothing. I'm guessing Rey figures out what Shinn is planning on doing and decides to help on his own. I don't know if Rey states his reason for helping or not, guess we'll just have to wait for the episode to be subbed to find out exactly what was going on.