Star wars episode 3

Heh, those having their childhood raped by sequels to the movies of their youth need to where the nice sleeveless jacket and sit on the couch in the rubber room. :lol:

Like so many other things with the prequels, Midichlorians are merely an aspect of something we've already seen. Namely it's a biological means of supporting "the Force is strong in my family." It doesn't prescribe either cause or effect. It just is. Any attempt to make it something it's not is approaching of the recockulous nature of childhood rapings.

The movies are all about the same level of objective quality, save for increasingly improving special effects.

Radd (and others) were right. Anakin was originally written as an older kid, but as Max said kids are annoying any way you cut it. But some of Knight26's suggestions not only don't work, they're actually contradictory. You wanted Anakin to be "dark" from the get-go (which really changes the character ark) but yet you have a problem with his "stalkerish" tendancies?

I see no contradiction there. His darkness could be a basis for a cunning duplicity built into his disposition. He's already a teenager, the whole slavery thing made him darkish, but amidala chick reminds him of mom and brings out a more comfortable area of his persona. No need for stalkerish tensions. He has a few friends, and he has a world he sees as full of enemies. He develops a starkly black and white view which means that once he breaks with the jedi, that break is complete and stunning.

Also, he should have lost the pod race, and been so pissed about it that he lept out of his pod cursing and threw his helmet against the ground so hard it cracked. Then Obi decided to abrogate their promises and they get anakin AND his mom off the planet. (Bluring further Anakin's views of right and wrong, even though Obi tried to explain that they were only doing what was absolutley needed... This also shows Obi's character an NOT being all about black and white decisions... Obi appreciates the grey areas. Anakin's interpretation is not so nuanced.)

But at some point during the droid attack at the end Anakin sees his mom get shot. She dies. (Why wait till episode two?...) I'm thinking it happens in the hangar bay as he's getting in a naboo fighter. She yells at him not to go or some such... He turns around to see her blasted by some droids that roll in. He swings the fighter around an blasts them, then gets out and goes to his mother, but she's already gone. Angrily, unthinkingly, he heads back to the fighter. He never gets the thing into space. Just flies over the battlefield strafing with a vengeance, demonstrating an all too natural skill while jinking at low altitude.

The naboo fighter pilots are more professional, and can take out the droid control ship on their own. They are the Royal Guard after all, and should be highly trained, even if they are largely just for show.

(though I would have made the droids fully autonomous. No droid control ship to attack. have them take out droid reinforcements that were about to make a second massive attack drop instead. Or something...)

anyhow...

I know! I know! Let's make the Y-wing transform into Gerwalk and Battroid modes! That surely make the movie kick-ass and toy-sales will be sky-rocketing! :lol:

We'll correct this with the release of the OT special edition!

...Maybe amidala got taken by the tuskens in ep2, if they still need that genocide scene that is... he saves her, killing wildly in the process. She in largely unconscious and asks no questions. He volunteers and admits nothing. No need to. Black and white. But it's keeping the two sides seperate that gets him in the end, he has to choose and chooses poorly...

But that whole thing should probably have been replaced by more advanced storyline. You know, to move things along so Lucas needn't rush ep3 or make an ep III I/II (3.5) to make things flow.

Edit: About the Y-wing... Just Gerwalk. The Y-wing doesn't need a battroid mode. It's just that cool.

I could imagine a few gerwalk mode Y-wings running circles around an ATAT. Literally, of course. :)

Edited by Californium

Any more fun concept pix???

We can argue about the pros/cons of GL & the raping of our collective childhoods.... but personally I prefer to side-step the whole circular 'debate' and focus on the eye-candy this time around, as that seems to be the only thing from the SW franchise that is capable of eliciting joy in me any more...

Soooooo... any more pretty pictures that were scammed before this latest round were suppresed?!? :huh:

Nsync was left in Episode II. :) Look quickly, otherwise you'll miss them.. well.. two of them..

I love the PT. I love the OT. I'm looking at SW as a whole, not with a generation gap. And I simply cannot wait for Ep III.. makes me glad I paid for Hyperspace.

Well making him dark form the get go is the Jedi would never train him. He had to have an innocent streak which is why the younger kid works. But even with that they can sence something in him. The only thing I think they shoudl have made Anakin more cocky instead of whiney in E2.

Well making him dark form the get go is the Jedi would never train him. He had to have an innocent streak which is why the younger kid works. But even with that they can sence something in him. The only thing I think they shoudl have made Anakin more cocky instead of whiney in E2.

Even as happy-go-lucky as Anakin was in Ep.1, Yoda and the council were reluctant to train Anakin. Even at the end, Yoda wasn't happy, but resigned himself to the turn-out.

If Anakin were a brooding, or angry kid Yoda would have said hell no, take him back to Tatooine. Unacceptable risk with that high potential. The fact that Anakin was a good kid was why he was trained.

Yep. That's why I think its funny that so many people(internet nerds like us mostly... well not like me cuz I like em.. but still) bash the movies... but then go around and argue points about them, buy all the merchandise associated... the list goes on.

very good point! i didn't like epi1 but i own the DVD and i got all the SW lego sets associated with it. :D i liked epi2, got the DVD and got all the SW lego sets as well. i'm sure the same thing will happen when epi3 comes out....even if it completely sucks. :p:D:lol:

but hey, complaining is the next best thing to just bitching ain't it. ;):D

and i also thought anakin came across "stalkerish" in epi2. when they were discussing obi1 and he started whining about him not being able to enter the trials, i thought anakin was gonna rape amidala! :blink: man that would've been a good scene...i wanna see natalie portman get naked, full frontal baby! B))

Hmm, the least they could do is have a chained in a bikini scene in episode 3....you know, for story continuity :)

Damn skippy, they should :D

I'm up for that anytime!! :p:D:lol:

This just occured to me, if Midichlorians (I still think someone ripped off Parasite Eve for this...) allow you to use the Force, could someone become an insant Force user? Let's say some Naboo guard with a really low count gets criticaly injured and ends up getting a blood transfusion from someone like Obi-Wan. His count would then be going up wouldn't it. Though on the other hand if it's something in the blood wouldn't that mean a jedi's Force abilty would be getting weaker with the more blood they lose?

I agree, Midichlorians is one of the worst things (maybe worst, next with jar Jar), to come out of the PT.

yup, instead of a mystical all pervasive force indwelling all life in the universe the Force is actually.... viral infection.

This just occured to me, if Midichlorians (I still think someone ripped off Parasite Eve for this...) allow you to use the Force, could someone become an insant Force user? Let's say some Naboo guard with a really low count gets criticaly injured and ends up getting a blood transfusion from someone like Obi-Wan. His count would then be going up wouldn't it. Though on the other hand if it's something in the blood wouldn't that mean a jedi's Force abilty would be getting weaker with the more blood they lose?

Midiclorians are probably more akin to mitochlorians. Mitochlorians are the power generators of the cell and more than likely arose as a result of a symbiotic relationship between a bacteria and a more advanced cell type. Mitochlorians replicate on their own as power needs dictate them to.

Anyways, if we are to hold that mitochlorians are the basis for midichlorians in the SW universe, then blood transfusions will not give a non Force user the ability to use the force because blood cells do not replicate. All blood cells are derived from stem cells residing in bone marrow. Losing blood would also not weaken a Jedi since the intrinsic midichlorian count would be determined by the original stem cells themselves.

vinnie

Anyways, if we are to hold that mitochlorians are the basis for midichlorians in the SW universe, then blood transfusions will not give a non Force user the ability to use the force because blood cells do not replicate. All blood cells are derived from stem cells residing in bone marrow. Losing blood would also not weaken a Jedi since the intrinsic midichlorian count would be determined by the original stem cells themselves.

vinnie

OK so what about a bone marrow transplant?

Midichlorions aren't the cause of the force... they help the practicioner use them. They can build space stations the size of moons with planet destroying lasers... but they have no clue where the force came from or at least an easy way to id force sensitives? Please.... vader's practically a floating torso in ep 6 and that hasn't hurt his use of the force one bit... wouldn't he be missing the midiclhorions found in his arms and all the other stuff that had to be replaced?

It was mentioned like for FIVE FREAKING MINUTES in the damn movie. GET OVER IT! :lol:

I swear man, Comic Book Guy is how I see so many of you lol.

"WORST. SW. EVER. I will only see this one 3 times.... today...."

They're not the "cause" they give them the ability to use it. I don't really care though as the movies have moved past the midichlorion "interview" as I put it.

You can have all the midichlorions you want, but Yoda will still kick your ass.

wheee... showing his prowess with machines/piloting....

Also serves to satisfy Lucas' racing gene.

They did have pretty wussy fighters. If they had a badass force, then they would have never been invaded...

They're also local security force. It's like telling your local police to fight a global war with their pistols and night-sticks.

They're brand new, shiny clones with brand new stuff. I think the CG worked here really well because cg owns the shiny, clean look.

If they were done by several actors, they won't be clones. <_<

Yoda's speed would have to be part of his style, he's a little guy and a human sized Jedi has a considerable advantage in reach and sheer leverage to bear down on him. I liked it.. Yoda kicking ass.

Do you people realize that Yoda is only 2 feet in height? He ain't got much to hit from down there.

I'll bite your knee caps off!!!

You mean... like the Jedi? Keepers of the peace... hmmm...

Considering the Republic has had a good thousand-year run with the Jedi doing their thing, what would have been the point of a ready army? "Hi, I'm a Jedi Knight. Accept this treaty or I'll cut your f*ckin head off faster than you can say 'wha' "

Sorry someone of us don't like the new SW movies, I wish I could be as cool as you. :rolleyes:

I agree, Midichlorians is one of the worst things (maybe worst, next with jar Jar), to come out of the PT.

yup, instead of a mystical all pervasive force indwelling all life in the universe the Force is actually.... viral infection.

:lol:

Edited by Ladic

I really disliked E1. I found most all the characters to be flat, if not downright laughable. I personaly think George is a poor director. He took good performers like Liam and Jackson and turned them into drones. I thought the plot was shallow - even by Star Wars standards. I found the that blowing up the control ship by chance was a little too easy. I also found the defeat of the droid army to be too easy. Don't you think there would have been a back up system as opposed to a single control ship? The thing I disliked the most was the midi-needsimplemindedwaytofindanakin-whatchamacallits. Their only purpose was to identify Anakin's potential. Why couldn't Anakin have been this kid that was always different and always had special powers he didn't understand (I think he did have prophetic dreams in the E1 novel)? Qui-gon could have sensed or outright observed this power and therefore decided to take Anakin with him.

I liked E2 a lot more. It really started to feel more like SW. I like that the clones were the precursors of the Stormtroopers. I don't feel that they needed to be based off Fett, but that is a minor point to me. I also feel that the technology fit in with the SW look a lot more. I

I'll give E3 a try, but may have to wait for the DVD since I only see about 1 movie per summer in the theater and I'm a little more excited about Batman Begins than E3.

I find it funny that the characters have ended up on Tatooine in 4 out of 5 movies so far. It's supposed to be a remote place in the middle of nowhere, but it turns out that it is the center of events for this saga. Almost everybody who is somebody has been there at one point or another. I'm sure Yoda vacations there.

I find it funny that the characters have ended up on Tatooine in 4 out of 5 movies so far. It's supposed to be a remote place in the middle of nowhere, but it turns out that it is the center of events for this saga. Almost everybody who is somebody has been there at one point or another. I'm sure Yoda vacations there.

I think that was part of GL's point. The big, huge galaxy-altering political desicions are made in places like Coruscant and Naboo. The irony of that is fate and destiny are determined by a simple bet on a backwater planet pod race or by whether or not a farmboy did his chores before going to the powerstation with his friends.

Sorry someone of us don't like the new SW movies, I wish I could be as cool as you. :rolleyes:

allow me to help. ;)

Oh... and that's a Simpsons quote... for the people w/o a sense of humor out there.

I still think Tomino should have directed the new films. Even speaking another language, he would have gotten better performances out of the actor's, he's quite used to the concept of Newtypes, and as such would have no problem with the Force, and Jar Jar would have likely met the same fate as Plu.

Would of been Really interesting to see SPielberg direct one of the PT.

Too Bad, mr Lucas didn't let him.  :(

I think it was the other way around wasn't it? Didn't GL ask him, but SS didn't wanna take his baby.

Nope, Spielberg asked him, but Lucas said he wanted to do all 3 because they were his last.

Would of been Really interesting to see SPielberg direct one of the PT.

Too Bad, mr Lucas didn't let him.  :(

I think it was the other way around wasn't it? Didn't GL ask him, but SS didn't wanna take his baby.

Nope, Spielberg asked him, but Lucas said he wanted to do all 3 because they were his last.

That would have been ... interesting to say the least.