To anyone contacting me

glane21

I've seen many people I know and love pass on in my life and it is never easy.

You have my deepest sympathies.

Take a lesson from death, live life to it's fullest and raise your daughter to not just remember her mother but honor her as well. A life lived well in the memory of a loved one can achieve wonderful things and honor their lives more than any word or single deed can.

Greg-

I know it seems petty to say this, but remember that we are all here for you. If the need ever arises, I don't think any person who replied in this thread would hesitate to be there for you. Even if it's only to lend an ear.

Now you must be strong for your little girl, and for yourself. Cherish and honor the memories of your wife, but continue to strive for the living.

My condolences to you and your daugther.

Hang on.

O, Greg, I'm so sorry.

Our local otaku leader here (owner of Anime Cafe) in WA just lost his wife too, only 30 yrs old, from an unforseen brain anurism, while he was deployed in Iraq as a reserve.  Hadn't seen her in 6 months, and was called back just so he could do the funeral.  Never saw it coming.

His gusto is gone now too, so he's letting go of his business of 15 years and re-enlisting full time cause he has nothing left for him here.

I know what you mean about if it weren't for your child you'd be gone a long time ago.  (I dare not ever tell her, but I too would have been gone a long time ago had my daughter not depended on me).  I'm there with you on that.  But in time you will find more reason to live again.

I know what it's like to lose a loved one; it's almost as if your entire world as you've known it has disappeared, and in a way, a part of you on the inside dies with her, and it takes time to find a way to deal with the shock and eventually rebuild around that empty spot inside.  You never can quite fill it back up the same, but you will be able to start again in a different way, a different life.  I've been away from MW for 2 years for similar reasons, and I can understand how you too will have to disconnect from your usual interests and past times.  Just remember to count on the people that are there for you when you come back, not just here, but in real life too.  You'll need your friends and family now more than ever, and you will discover who your true friends and loved ones are, maybe even discover some you never knew you had.  You'll be alright.

I'm so sorry for your loss, Greg.  You've always been one of my favourite artists and MW friends, and I'm sure you can take comfort that many here do see you as a standup guy and wish you the best.

My prayers are with you and your family.  Please take care of yourself.

Sincerely,

-Atto Madrid (aka Rosario)

Rosario and everyone,

Thank you for your posts. Everything Rosario said was exactly true. My wife had just turned 30 as well. Her pregnancy was difficult because she was diabetic. Things were just coming to normal with our baby, but Heather was going to need a kidney transplant due to the stress on her body from the pregnancy. But she never complained. If you've ever seen the movie Steel Magnolias, it's the same scenario. Her brother was going to give her one of his. She was driving home from a blood test when the accident happened. That is what breaks my heart the most is that she won't get to see her little girl, whom she sacrificed so much for, grow up. She was the kindest, strongest woman I have ever known. I knew I had a great woman but I never truly appreciated that until now.

Greg

My dad was the same - he died when I was three and he said the same thing to my mom. But it's not all bad - I like to think I'm a lot like him in personality and a lot of his friends say I'm just like him. So in a way I keep him with me.

Sometimes I feel sad when big things happen in my life and he's not there to see it - like when I got married last year - but I also like to think he's watching from a better place. Excuse my ramblings.. I think my point is that your wife will still be there inside your little girl as she grows up.

HI , i dont know religion..

but i will prey for your family the way i know best,

this may hurt hearing the Chant of the Mourner, but please listen and try not to get mixed up in politics,HA KADISH....

G*D transends race, as dose death, as does sound

please listen quietly and remember her.....

My humblest respect to you and your sweety......

Services starts with the Kaddish, a special prayer which is also recited for a parent for 11 months and for other family members for 30 days. Kaddish is usually said by the son. If there are no sons, family members can designate someone else to say Kaddish for the deceased. It is considered a privilege for the deceased soul to have someone say Kaddish for them.

Greg,

I am so sorry. My heart broke when I read your post.

I know its not much, but you have an entire communties support here. If there is anything we can do please let us know.

Stay strong for your daughter, and God bless.

Shawn

:(

Although I don't know you in person, I have seen your work. Greg Lane, it'll be a pity to see it all get wasted. Fight back by raising your child well. Sometimes tragedy messes with us so much, it needs a f.u.c.k.i.n.g slap to it's face. You can do it, just make sure you do it hard enough so it remembers your name well and not f.u.c.k around anymore.

Take care.

I'm sorry for your loss. But remember your daughter needs you. And stay strong.

They say that the ultimate form of love that a woman would show a man is to have his child. And there she is. Your daughter is ultimate expression of love your wife has given you.

So please remember that the love that you shared is still there. Made flesh.

Take care.

I am sorry for yours, your daughters and all your families loss.

Life throws us these curve balls but there is always some good to be had in the end, so dont give up. While the immediate seems impossible, I am sure your wife would not want you to give up. Stay strong for your daughter, the others around you and just as importantly for yourself.

Cory

Man... Greg, I don't know what to say. Your story... man... My wife is 31 and diabetic and we are really thinking hard about having a baby. But I'd be shattered without her. Still, without a child I don't know if I could really put the peices back together again (or want to). Like the others have said, we're all here for you (for what it's worth), take your time, work through the pain and anger, but never lose sight on the future. Even if you don't yet see one for yourself, look to your daughter's.

Take care, man... and hold on.

My deepest condolences. :(

Sorry to read about the bad news. In the past three years I lost two grand parents from both sides of the family. It hurts because I was so close to them. I can't even imagine loosing a wife. As many of the members have stated it is important to be strong for your family and yourself. I'll say a prayer for your wife.