MPC Prime

Etrigan

Bah! Greenguy we are all gonna be wasting our dough on primes, alternators, escaflowne's and valks in the upcoming months, hell I'm even passing on Homeworld 2 so I can afford my escaflowne. When it comes to toys vs video games toys win out big time for me.

Edited by GobotFool

Ideally, we will see an alternator's megatron tank, abrams or something like that along with f15 starscream, and new jeep hound!(my fingers are crossed! I do like smokescreen so far, but sideswipe should have had his hood and not his roof for the chest...

Alternator Hound would be a Hummer :lol::lol::lol:

man, if anything should be done right, it's ratchet and ironhide!! If those were made to transform like the cartoon and look like the cartoon, I'd be all over that! :p:D:lol:

Ideally, we will see an alternator's megatron tank, abrams or something like that along with f15 starscream, and new jeep hound!(my fingers are crossed! I do like smokescreen so far, but sideswipe should have had his hood and not his roof for the chest...

I will never accept Megatron as a tank.

Megatron is not a tank. He's a politically incorrect handgun.

Lessee here... two MPC Primes, two MPC Alphas, maybe a 1/48th 1J, perhaps a Megatron...

Ouch, my card and accounts are going to hate me even more than they already do :p

BTW...

As your bank account's lawyer, it is my duty to inform you that your bank account has just filed for divorce.

an MPC megs wouldn't work mainly for legal issues and in terms of size. if you wanted him to be an accurate hand gun, his bot mode would be teeny, if you wanted one to fight with the MPC prime in bot mode then his gun mode would improportionatly huge.

an MPC megs wouldn't work mainly for legal issues and in terms of size. if you wanted him to be an accurate hand gun, his bot mode would be teeny, if you wanted one to fight with the MPC prime in bot mode then his gun mode would improportionatly huge.

hmmm. there's an interesting idea. yeah an unrealistically large alt mode would be less appealing, but lets face it, the masterpiece prime is designed to give a perfected robot mode, and the truck very much suffers (granted not too badly, but it's not all that pretty). a super sized handgun would probably get around the censors, and give us a megatron capable of standing toe to toe with prime.

i don't know, i'd be ok with a decent tank mode, especially if it gave us a robot mode on a level with the anniversery prime, and looked like an actual tank (maybe a german leopard tank?).

Every time I see a new pic of the "MPC" Prime I fall in "love" ( :huh: ) with the whole idea of The Transformers all over again, and look forward to other projects like the Alternators line and the planed TF live action movie. I wonder if they will do a "MPC" line of all the original TF's, well at least the ones from the first season. I really wan't one of Prowl, oh well hopefully he will show up in Alternators as a Neasian Z ;).

not only is he 12inches tall and almost a 1/3 diecast..

he is 5$ LESS than MPC VF-1 and is avaialble for EVERYONE!! not that limited at all!!!

tkae that toynami!!!

let takara and hasbro school you

and its not evben DELAYED!! HELL YEA

OPTIMUS PRIME RULES!!

now if onyl they made god ginrai alternator

and i cdont give a ish what megatron alternator turns into jsut give me a super articulated 12 inch tall megs with huge ass arm cannon.

hell yea

:lol: i dont think anyone is going to be fighting their toys with each other at this age. well, i would at least hope so...

:lol: i dont think anyone is going to be fighting their toys with each other at this age. well, i would at least hope so...

I was speaking only in terms of size comparison and wouldn't you love to recreate the river damn scene with prime and megs duking it out ;)

hmmm. there's an interesting idea. yeah an unrealistically large alt mode would be less appealing, but lets face it, the masterpiece prime is designed to give a perfected robot mode, and the truck very much suffers (granted not too badly, but it's not all that pretty). a super sized handgun would probably get around the censors, and give us a megatron capable of standing toe to toe with prime.

i don't know, i'd be ok with a decent tank mode, especially if it gave us a robot mode on a level with the anniversery prime, and looked like an actual tank (maybe a german leopard tank?).

Hmmmmm true, while the cab I think looks not to much better or worse than the original, they really should have made the edges on his arms cleaner instead of rounding them off at the edges, would have made the seems less obvious in truck mode, but thats my only major grip about the truck. Who knows, its still 2 to 3 months till it is released, perhaps they will fix it, or perhaps not, either way this is one awsome toy I am getting. Soft edges at the arms, must be the hasbro version, as we all know, americans think edges of any kind are bad :rolleyes: Yet anither reason to get a jap version ;)

Yeah, thanks for the heads up... I already had him preordered at BigBadToys but went ahead and also put one in for HLJ too... Wanted to get two Primes anyways and since HLJ always gets their stock way before BBTS, I'm willing to pay extra for EMS to get mine earlier.

It will be a good Christmas indeed, too bad some folks on my list will be intentionally forgotten. :lol:

BTW, does anybody know for sure what scale the MPC OP will be?. I saw a Semi Truck toy (one of those old 80s Tonka bootleg trucks) , with a removable trailer at a local flea market and it appeared to be 1/24 to me (somehow I'm under the impression that it will be 1/24). I was almost tempted in picking one up and repainting the trailer just for this long awaited toy, but I wasn't sure of the scale. I talked the vendor in saving it for me but I'm pissed at myself because it will probably be gone next week...

Edited by GDomino

I asked orson @tfw2005.com about the trailer and why there is a hole in the leg for one.

He said that its there jsut in CASE they decide to make a trailer.

So there ya have it folks. If we petition we might be able to get one. its already READY for one

keep in mind hasbro and takara have differnet markets to satisfy but at this point i doubt the takara verison will come wiht a trailer

an idea i suggested was to make the trailer sold seperately and able to be a carrying case for 3 or 2 alternators cars. like the g1 one copuld carry jazz and such.

Ahem...So what's the scale? :lol::p

I'm a cheap bastard and I just want him to look complete when displayed in Vehicle Mode.

Ahem...So what's the scale?  :lol::p

I'm a cheap bastard and I just want him to look complete when displayed in Vehicle Mode.

Judging by that pic of him next to the G1 figure, he appears to be 1/24 or in that general ballpark. I love your idea of using a trailer from a different semi toy, it sounds like a custom even I could do! And I think I might still have an old NAPA Auto Parts toy trailer kicking around somewhere at my folks house that just might be the right size. :)

Edited by eriku

I think we will see a limited release of a trailor to follow, filled with gimmicks and sold for 50 bucks..... hmmmmm does that sound familiar? :rolleyes:;):lol:

That's fine with me.....as long as it holds vehicles (that are scaled to the MPC Prime) and has the same looks as the original G1 cab. From what I've heard is it supposed to be Palisades releasing the cab? I'd much rather have Takara doing the sculpt, productionk, and marketing.

I'd thought I'd revive this thread for a single purpose.

http://www.hlj.com/cgi-perl/hljpage.cgi?TAK08230

Stop staring and PREORDER him!

I've got mine!

Sorry to go kinda OT but I haven't bought from HLJ in more than a year. I know they've changed their shipping options within the last several months, I'm probably gonna pick up my MPC Prime from HLJ. What's the best shipping option when ordering from HLJ (since they've stopped using UPS)? :ph34r::ph34r: