Robosapien

Kin

I don't think it's THAT amazing of a toy, it's pretty over priced for what you get and I don't htink it's much...it looks more clumsy. I saw a big stack of them at FRY's and well.....it's all plastic......I think I'll wait for QRIO and save up alot mor emoney for something that does a thousand better things.

It's like a 100 dollar item and operates alot like an RC toy. You got your remote and you just hit certain buttons or combinations for the robot to do stuff. But it is made of cheap plastic. I went over to FRY's today and no one was looking at it, but there's like random spots in the store that has like maybe a stack of dozen of 'em in a lil pyrimd shape. I tried using one but it wouldn't do anything, I think it was dead, just stood there in a stupi dlil salsa pose.

Lot's of them in TRU & UML in Hong Kong. Don't see anybody buying them though.

The manufacturer should hire Kawamori to do the cosmetic styling and the toy should have lots of IR firing weapons, allowing two bots to fight, then I might buy one.

Sorta off topic, but did any MWers buy the Kawamori Aibo varient?

Graham

The Robosapien control system was designed by Mark Tilden. He's still under contract to NASA as far as I know, but he seems to have been granted permission to moonlight on toy projects... He also participated in the development of Hasbro's big 14" R2D2 a while back.

I used to work for Wow Wee toys years ago. The cheap plastic is a typical Wowwee trademark... Among many other points of lackluster product design. I've offered to help them fix a lot of those shortcomings, as well as offer to help "style" their toys, but alas... :rolleyes:

I know someone with a Sony dog, they said it was more of a pain in the ass to get it to do stuff than it was worth. I imagine the same here.

Do you know which one they had? I always liked the AIBO's.