DYRL Misa Drawing

rarityraider

Hi All,

This is my first time to post drawing art on the board, hope to meet some friends by my sketch and receive some comments.

The sketch is based on a 50's pin-up girl pose to draw and I try to do it in Adam Hughes style, he is one of the artist I love his works very much.

Cheers,

post-5-1089981121_thumb.jpg

Almost looks like a casting call for a live action Macross :)

Only if Misa was being played by Jenna Jameson.

I love 99% of it, but her face just doesn't look like Misa, the body, the hair, everything else is spot on, but the face doesn't look like Misa.

If Hikaru had seen her like that, he never would have given Minmay another thought

Agreed.

I do have to agree about the lips being a little too big as well, but still an awesome job.

I love it. I have to agree with the idea here that the lips are a little too large, though--but I think that if you were to correct it, the nose would need thinning more than the lips. Also, just my personal taste, but I would've drawn this at another angle; her thighs look stunted from the POV you've drawn. Maybe something off to her left would've been better.

Looking forward to more Misa art. We don't have enough of it.

Edited by Terpfen

Now that looks much more like Misa's face. The whole composition looks very familiar I assume that you were looking at an Adam Hughes or Varga girl painting/sketch when you did this. I just hope that you actually did draw this and didn't trace it and add the Macross details like certain people have done on the boards before.

Hi, here have one more drawing for some peoples who they doesn't like Misa face with thick lips/western style. :p

Actually, I'm not supposed that my drawing would have many feedback arguing about what's she should look alike... Maybe I'm too love 50's pin-up art and apply to my work habitually. Fritz Willis, Elvgren, Alex Ross & Adam Hughes those are my very love artists.

I have do my work base on their models pose but I'm not tracing on the top, you know so many artsits have their own model for their work but I can only put their pictures or collect some photos from magazine then put by side to draw the body, Realistic style is need reference to process... they are started from nude and then put the outfit on, face, details...

Sometimes I would like to do some works igonre the original image, especially drawing some Japan animation character female into 50's pin-up girl but not naked. That's a kind of mix and match art.

Just share my opinion to who like my work. :lol:

Cheers,

post-5-1090043019_thumb.jpg

Edited by rarityraider

I hope you don't mind my little edit here ^^. This is just me playing around with coloring in photoshop. I'm basically using the anime style of coloring so sorry if it veers a little bit away from your inspired style.

post-5-1090225849_thumb.png

Hi All,

This is my first time to post drawing art on the board, hope to meet some friends by my sketch and receive some comments.

The sketch is based on a 50's pin-up girl pose to draw and I try to do it in Adam Hughes style, he is one of the artist I love his works very much.

Cheers,

Hi!

Very good draw, pal! Really refreshing. Thanks for sharing... got more? ^_^

Manu

I hope you don't mind my little edit here ^^. This is just me playing around with coloring in photoshop. I'm basically using the anime style of coloring so sorry if it veers a little bit away from your inspired style.

Hello mk16,

Yeah! You did a great job to me, it's looks really nice, thanks. I also have a plan to add color on the drawing by Photoshop or watercolor...

Now the coloring of you do give us a fresh look on my work, think that I should do my version and make a little change of the lips. (If there are some more feedback asking for) :p

Cheers,

Edited by rarityraider

Hi All,

Cheers,

Hi!

Very good draw, pal! Really refreshing. Thanks for sharing... got more? ^_^

Manu

I'm drafting the next.... ;)