BAH! Conan Obrien guy

cube

i'm just waiting for the eventual Robotech remastered, 100% complete, no more releases after this, all 3 saga box sets to come out. you know they will. i mean... regular mini box sets, regular box sets, regular individual dvds, and remastered mini box sets are not enough! :p

Sending Conan and crew the original Animeigo set of Macross DVD's, along with Southern Cross and Mospeada would be the ultimate you know what to RT. :D:D

Think about it... :D

They'd come on the show and say,"Oh, look what MW gave us!!" :p

Disclaimer:

I am kidding.

Why is it that people who watched Robotech are always confused?  :D

Perhaps after getting a hold of the actual Macross sets, he can do a whole new recliner of rage :)

Doh! I Shoulda read the thread.

But thanks for telling us when they'll show us this bit again, now I'm inclined to watch it.

I'm sure it's going to end up on one of the fanbase pages before long so even if people miss the re-airing it will eventually be seen.

There really SHOULDN'T be 4 diffrent ways to buy what is essentially the same product on the market at once. And it's actually worse then that, because ADV is making an effort to blur the lines between original programs and Robotech version, creating a percieved FIFTH version of the product through their insistence of plugging Robotech in the text of said packages.

All it does is confuse the average consumer.

I personally see no difference between this and trying to buy a car. The same make and model of one year can come in many different colors. With or without: sunroof

moonroof

alloy wheels

cd changer

leather interior

power windows

power steering

automatic

engine size

cruise control

and etc.... which even when going to the dealership you are stuck to choose between what they have on the lot unless you preorder the car. If you can't find one you're looking for you have to wander around dealership to dealiship asking if they have the type of car you want. Isn't that just a frustrating? So just about any market out there is confusing it's consumer in some way.

I agree it would be nice to have one all inclusive set. When I heard the Remastered RT was coming out I sold my original dvd's only to learn afterward the sound effects were changed and that the audio was subpar in opinions of some fans. I'm still without dvd's because I don't know where to invest my money again.. back into the originals or the new video?

But you only buy one car either way. You don't go out to collect the entire 2004 Toyota lineup.

With the DVDs, you're coming back for more purcahses, because you want the whole series. You also have no option to customize DVDs before purchase, much to the dismay of many Star Wars fans.

I grant the average consumer the ability to understand singe disk/box set releases.

I expect them to get confused by 3 diffrent boxes of the same thing, plus a 4th related box*.

They're pr'ly do something like buy all the complete boxes, then grab the first legacy box and get pissed because it's stuff they already own.

And some people WILL mix up the diffrent boxes and wind up wiht a mix of legacy and remastered, and pr'ly a complete or original series box too. And signifigant duplication.

*I do grant the original series sets should exist. But I do not believe ADV should push the "It's part of Robotech" angle. They should let it be a standalone product.

Animeigo is sort of stuck, though, because a lot of people think "Robotech is a dubbed version of Macross." I'm sure they've fielded more than one complaint about "only releasing the first third of Macross."

Well for the record, here is a list of the buying options that is available. So everyone is on the same page.

- Jin

Options-

1. Robotech "Single DVD" by ADV. Each DVD contains 6 episodes.

2. Robotech "DVD Box Set" by ADV. Includes 2 "single DVD" and 1 DVD with extra material. Comes in a special color box (blue, red, green)

3. "Complete Collection DVD Box Set" by ADV contains all of the single DVDs. This set includes the DVDs only, and does not come with the "Single DVD" case art. The set does NOT includes the "Extra Material" DVDs either.

4. "Robotech Remastered Extended DVD Box Set" by ADV There are 3 volumes. Comes in a new design box art for each volume.

5. "Macross DVD Complete Set" by AnimEigo.

Well for the record, here is a list of the buying options that is available. So everyone is on the same page.

- Jin

Options-

1. Robotech "Single DVD" by ADV. Each DVD contains 6 episodes.

2. Robotech "DVD Box Set" by ADV. Includes 2 "single DVD" and 1 DVD with extra material. Comes in a special color box (blue, red, green)

3. "Complete Collection DVD Box Set" by ADV contains all of the single DVDs. This set includes the DVDs only, and does not come with the "Single DVD" case art. The set does NOT includes the "Extra Material" DVDs either.

4. "Robotech Remastered Extended DVD Box Set" by ADV There are 3 volumes. Comes in a new design box art for each volume.

5. "Macross DVD Complete Set" by AnimEigo.

Yes, we're familiar with it.

This line of discussion was prompted by an explanation of said info.

And 5 is incomplete, as it should include ADV's Southern Cross and MOSPEADA sets too..

That is awesome, it is true and it is funny as hell. I have to believe that that post at Rt.com is a joke in return, did you see the "Simple" chart at the bottom of the page. What a dork.

Anyhow funny stuff, Pierre's reclliner of rage is one of the coolest segments on that show lately :)

P.S. For the humor-impaired, this article is made in jest.

Ladic... Some people see only what they want to see. ;)

Some people should read the whole darn thing, before jumping into conclusions, because they end up looking funny. :lol:

edit: to not hurt anyones feelings. :lol:

PPS: For the too obssessed about Robotech and Macross, I was just pointing out the link, not telling you what to think.

Seriously... you guys are killing me! :lol:

Who woulda thunk that a 30 second spot on a comedy show would induce actual internet arguments, complete with moderator enforcement?

Only on Macrossworld... ;)

I hope Conan issues an apology for Friday night's segment. And yes, it does re-air on Comedy Central tonight.

Why would he apoligize? It was just a joke.

I completely agree. Not only should he apologize for that segment, he should apologize for mentioning that perversion of Macross in the first place.

IN FACT, HG should apologize for trying to market the original Macross, for keeping the cool toys out of the US, and for trying to shut every website they can down....

Conan is out of order, HG is out of order, this whole Post is out of order!!!

P.S. For the humor-impaired, this post is made in jest. :p

Edited by daeudi

this has to rate up there with that rant on the Daily Show a while back by Lord whoever about Everquest - an inside geek look of rage.

You have to admit, if you just walk into a store and look for something with the Macross Kite symbol on it, you are going to get flummoxed fast. Conan, you have hit the nail on the head. Poor Macross.

HAHAHAHA... Furthur proof that HG is a lame-ass bunch of hacks milking their long dead Cash Cow.

That's the way I see it too... why the hell are so many (Macross) people getting worked up about it? To me, it shows once again how rediculous HG is.

I can't believe how much attention this is getting. It's supposed to be funny. The Conan thing was supposed to be funny. Sure we take shots at it and Robotech, but...c'mon!! :rolleyes:

Funniest thing I ever saw on Conan was the Walker Texas Ranger lever.

If you really want to see some poor-assed DVD marketing, just look at the different types of Terminator DVDs there are.

Original movie

Director's Cut

Ultimate Edition

etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.

Whomever is in charge of all these DVDs really needs to get his head twisted on straight. There's only so many times we're going to buy the same freakin' movie!

There's a big difference between the Terminator movies and the Robotech DVDs - home video rights to the first two Terminator movies were sold around while HG has always retained the right to Robotech.

That still doesn't excuse the sheer number of DVDs out there with pretty much the same content.

There's a big difference between the Terminator movies and the Robotech DVDs - home video rights to the first two Terminator movies were sold around while HG has always retained the right to Robotech.

That still doesn't excuse the sheer number of DVDs out there with pretty much the same content.

Yah. Movie companies have gotten into a bad habit of doing that.

Widescreen and fullscreen was bad enough, especially since widescreen only became... err... widely available after DVD came out. And DVD allows both versions on one disk.

But Noooo.... they have to have limited edition(which rarely is), collector's edition(again, rarely), special edition(third rarely), standard edition, signature edition(whatever that means), bundle edition... It's enough to make me want to stab someone.

To movie companies: You aren't using half the space on the disk to begin with. Put widescreen and fullscreen on the same disk and QUIT MAKING 30 DIFFRENT PACKAGES OF THE SAME THING!

And yes, that banner IS hilarious.

To movie companies: You aren't using half the space on the disk to begin with. Put widescreen and fullscreen on the same disk and QUIT MAKING 30 DIFFRENT PACKAGES OF THE SAME THING!

In theory they don't even have to "put both editions on the disk". There's supposed to be a way to just indicate where the center of the fullscreen picture is supposed to be and let the DVD player handle the cropping. (It does mean a moderate loss of resolution relative to a dedicated fullscreen datastream.)

To movie companies: You aren't using half the space on the disk to begin with.  Put widescreen and fullscreen on the same disk and QUIT MAKING 30 DIFFRENT PACKAGES OF THE SAME THING!

In theory they don't even have to "put both editions on the disk". There's supposed to be a way to just indicate where the center of the fullscreen picture is supposed to be and let the DVD player handle the cropping. (It does mean a moderate loss of resolution relative to a dedicated fullscreen datastream.)

I'm not sure if that allows for pan and scan which is a big part of fullscreen chopping. But who cares about people that watch full screen? :p

Edited by >EXO<