Why the MAUVE ( from YUKIKAZE) would beat the VF 0

While the FRX-00 Mave lacks transforming capabilities, it's onboard AI and agile abilites would splash the VF-0 in seconds!

You also have to take into account that it can hack into other jet operating systems, so it would probably screw with the VF-0's mode chaging commands before turning it into a smoldering pile of metal.

SORRY ROY! THERE'S A NEW BOY IN TOWN!

:D

okay.... as much as I love both Macross Zero and Yukikaze.... we really don't need another lame 'my mech can beat up your mech' versus thread.

They've been done to death in the past, and I think we've all moved beyond them. I'd like to think so, anyway...

an f-14 would beat them both because not only can it really fly (the closest you can get with a vf-0 is to throw it's 1/60 ass really hard) but it can also shoot missles.

even the best animated sequence can't beat a real jet.

B))B)) just kiddin

i agree the vs threads are kind of lame just because none of these vehicles opperate in the same universe. but... sometimes these discussions are fun to geek out on.

i agree the vs threads are kind of lame just because none of these vehicles opperate in the same universe. but... sometimes these discussions are fun to geek out on.

Eh... I totally disagree. Different anime have their own different set of physics and rules governing their world (usually based on the creators whim). Because this is so, any versus discussion becomes moot since you can't accurately determine how something from one anime would work in another.

Now, if they were set in the same world, adn we knew this going in, THEN one vs the other threads would be cool.

i agree the vs threads are kind of lame just because none of these vehicles opperate in the same universe.  but... sometimes these discussions are fun to geek out on.

Eh... I totally disagree. Different anime have their own different set of physics and rules governing their world (usually based on the creators whim). Because this is so, any versus discussion becomes moot since you can't accurately determine how something from one anime would work in another.

Now, if they were set in the same world, adn we knew this going in, THEN one vs the other threads would be cool.

........?

isnt' that kinda exactly what i said?

lets have a better vs question. german beer vs canadian beer which is better?

no no

ummm. while smiley is better? :D vs :lol:

Brazilian Beer, Antartica brand.

For soda, Guarana, Antartica brand (followed by Barqs rootbeer).

I like this smiley: :p

And I find versus threads funny (like who would win, Hulk or Hector? Doh Hector is Hulk!).

i agree the vs threads are kind of lame just because none of these vehicles opperate in the same universe.  but... sometimes these discussions are fun to geek out on.

........?

:D:D:D

Oops. I meant to reply to the "Fun to geek out on" part of your statement.

:rolleyes: <- (stupid wdc)

Hoot from Black Hawk Down would own both their asses....

His finger is his safety.

When I get home people 'll ask me, "Hey Isamu, why do ya do it man? Why? Just some posting junkie?" Ya know what I'll say? I won't say a goddamn word. Why? They won't understand. They won't understand why we do it. They won't understand that it's about the posts next to you, and that's it. That's all it is.

:p

Edited by Isamu Atreides 86

........?

:) no worries

........?

:) no worries

QUOTE CASTLE!

Call me silly, but I quite like vs debates as long as they stay civil.

Anyway, I'm not that familiar with the Mave as I've only seen the first two episodes of Yukikaze. I've been trying to search online for some specifications on weapons loadout, engine thrust, weight etc, so we can make a more meaningful comparison, but so far I have not been able to find any technical information online on the aircraft of Yukikaze.

Regarding the original Super Sylph Yukikaze, which I'm slightly more familiar with, it would seem that as far as weapons load, the VF-0 would have the edge. I've definitely seen written somewhere that the Super Sylph is fitted with a 20mm M61A1 Vulcan cannon, whereas the VF-0 has the far more powerful GPU-9 35mm gunpod as well as either 1 head laser (VF-0A/B/D) or two head lasers (VF-0S).

Also, IIRC, the Super Sylph and AFAIK the Mave are only shown carrying a total of 4 missiles, although they do look like they would be fairly powerful and long range due to their large size. However, the VF-0 series carries as standard 12 medium range missiles on the wings as well as 48 short range micro-missiles in the leg-mounted FAST packs.

Regarding defensive systems, I've honestly no idea about the capabilities of the aircraft of Yukizaze. However, the VF-0 series has an impressive defensive suite including the AN/ALE 55 flare and chaff dispenser system. The AN/ALQ 220A IDECM. ASS/PS 110 active stealth system. AWAG/RA 105 SW-AG energy converting armor system (info courtesy of Macross Compendium).

Without any specs for the Mave or Super Slylph, it's difficult to compare speed and acceleration. Regarding agility, the Super Sylph is a huge aircraft, so I find it difficult to believe it would be as agile as the smaller VF-0, even though both aircraft have thrust vectoring. I would think that the three mode transformation ability of the VF-0 would give it an edge though. Perhaps David could comment?

Graham

if the AI of yukikaze mauve can hack into other plane's systems then I am sure a virus can also be implanted into the Ai of the mauve. All you ned is a VF-0D or GCI center with yan newman from macross plus and consider the mauve OWNED!

Because in the future, any cable guy using an Apple iBook can hack into a completely alien computer system and shut down their shields. of course, in the future, the United States airforce will consist of nothing but F-18 Hornets. All this will really happen in the distant future year of 1996.

Of course, none of this matters because Goku can go Super Saijin 3258u894368796438+2 and kik al tir @$$3s!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111eleven

if the AI of yukikaze mauve can hack into other plane's systems then I am sure a virus can also be implanted into the Ai of the mauve.  All you ned is a VF-0D or GCI center with yan newman from macross plus and consider the mauve OWNED!

Because in the future, any cable guy using an Apple iBook can hack into a completely alien computer system and shut down their shields. of course, in the future, the United States airforce will consist of nothing but F-18 Hornets. All this will really happen in the distant future year of 1996.

Of course, none of this matters because Goku can go Super Saijin 3258u894368796438+2 and kik al tir @$$3s!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111eleven

:p:lol::p:lol::p

You also have to take into account that it can hack into other jet operating systems, so it would probably screw with the VF-0's mode chaging commands before turning it into a smoldering pile of metal.

Sure......that's because they're cheating. :angry:

Just tell the truth....Yukikaze fighters (and their pilots) fight dirty. :lol:

I guess if you know you are facing an enemy that can remotely hack into your aircraft's systems, all you have to do is shut down your external datalink. This means you wont be able to share data with other aircraft and assests, but at least you won't be hacked.

Graham

Heh,

the replies I've have read are humorous! In the latest ep of YUKIKAZE, the Mauve has been upgraded with new engines. Engines that seem to multiply its speed TENFOLD! I believe ANY aircraft with an onboard AI would be a tough match for the VF 0. While the VF 0 can land VTOL style, cuz of its Gerwalk mode, the MAUVE does an impressive simulation of it, AND IT DOESN'T TRANSFORM! Check out YUKIKAZE #4 and you'll see what I mean!

In reality there IS A rivalry going on between the makers of YUKIKAZE and MACROSS 0, but it is a friendly one. There have been numerous articles and how both teams, know of the others achievements and in turn push themselves to come out with something better! Someone said the winner in all this is the fans that see amazing designs in even more amazing animation!

Thanks for keeping it civil

NOW LET ME GO CALL SEARCH AND RECUE, SO THEY CAN FISH OUT ROY FROM THE WATERS!!!

HEEHEE

:p:D:rolleyes::D