popularity of the 1/48 lineup

arrow

i've decided on getting my first 1/48.

i've had my local hobby store check on the price from their supplier since they sold out on theirs. the hobby store has not gotten feedback from their distributor yet regarding the final price but mentioned that some models in the 1/48 line are cheaper then other.

can anyone tell me which models are more popular and which aren't?

The Max was the first to be released with all the improvements. And IMO is the best built one. I still see a couple on eBay but it seems to be getting more and more scarce. Neova also said that the Hikaru 1S is sold out. :o

thanks. I was thinking of ordering the vf-1s but if the 1a max is much cheaper, i may just consider that.

Does the 1a max have the improvements over the the 1st production 1a hikaru?

yeah it does. so does the Low Vis and Up. good luck, and enjoy!!

low viz and skull 1 along with the hikaru 1J are the most popular. Least popular is the 1A max type. hikaru 1J with armor is popular as well. SOme etailers sold out of that long before selling out of the armorless one.

I'd call the low viz a fad popularity made extreem by rarirty. the most popular vf1 design is skull 1 roy then hikaru/rick 1j.

The Max was the first to be released with all the improvements. And IMO is the best built one. I still see a couple on eBay but it seems to be getting more and more scarce. Neova also said that the Hikaru 1S is sold out. :o

:( That's sad, That was the next one I was planning on buying.

The Max was the first to be released with all the improvements.  And IMO is the best built one.  I still see a couple on eBay but it seems to be getting more and more scarce.  Neova also said that the Hikaru 1S is sold out. :o

:( That's sad, That was the next one I was planning on buying.

Sold out as far as Yamato is concerned... It's most likely still available somewhere..

I got my Max 1-A for 85 bucks plus shipping, it can be a hell of a bargain and has all of the fixes built in. I would only categorize the Low-Viz as a collector's item, it had a relatively low production number (we think) that made it scarce, I bet if given equal production numbers with the other 1/48's it woud have fallen in the middle somewhere in terms of desireability.

If you are looking for a bargain hunt around for the 1-A models you can probably find a deal at a place like toy-wave. If you are looking for a specific model such as the Hikaru VF-1S then get it, they haven't disappeared yet, although you aren't going to find the same bargain prices that you might on a 1-A

I've looked for cheap Max 1A's but they're not that common. If you can find one cheap - you usually still have to pay through your nose for shipping.

I'd say they're all doing really well in terms of sell-through. With the 1/60's we saw huge clearance sales fairly early on for the Max and Hikaru 1A's. No such luck today.

Why does the Max Vf-1A gets no love? Sheesh. Yamato shoulda released the VF-1S Max then. Then again, I am a big Max freak. I have 5 VF-1A Max and 7 VF-1J Max. :D Actually 1 VF-1S Max custom and 4 VF-1A Max. Trying to work on the VF-1A Max TV type.

the 1A max gets mad :wub: doods.

as someone mentioned, its actually one of the best VF's out there quality-wise and i have to agree. its has better QC than all the 1J's and slightly better than the 1S's plus i really like the dark blue highlights a lot. B))

the green skull squadron sticker on the FP kits would indicate that there is indeed a 1A kaiz/ben coming.  :D

just like in the 1/60s? :lol:

huh? :huh:

theres no green skull squad. sticker on the 1/60 sticker sheet at all nor on any of the VF's w/FP's

the green skull squadron sticker on the FP kits would indicate that there is indeed a 1A kaiz/ben coming.  :D

theres no green skull squad. sticker on the 1/60 sticker sheet at all nor on any of the VF's w/FP's

There was in the 1/60 stickers with Kakizaki's name and number 012.

the 1A max gets mad :wub: doods.

as someone mentioned, its actually one of the best VF's out there quality-wise and i have to agree. its has better QC than all the 1J's and slightly better than the 1S's plus i really like the dark blue highlights a lot. B))

Yeah, My Max has the best QC. Remembered when I got it. AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!

post-4-1085688683_thumb.jpg

There was in the 1/60 stickers with Kakizaki's name and number 012.

i think thats was for the CF's. but theres still no geeen skull squad. sticker on the 1/60 sheet.

I meant the name and number. It still amounts to the same thing... the green sticker doesn't give it a special meaning. ;)

ADD: But hey if I'm wrong what do I care... it's just another 1:48 for me... :lol:

Edited by >EXO<

Man I can't believe the M&Ms are out and still no word for the next 1:48 release... Is that it for this line???

*pushes panic button*

Stay thine hand from thy panic button.

Something tells me that Yamato would be stoopid silly to not have any more 1/48's planned when the buzz (both here and overseas) on the 1/100 VF-0 is worse than asbestos underoos. Plus, the Koenig's obviously still a pretty good ways off.

Mayhap Yamato is just being quieter than they used to be. It would be pretty ridiculous for no Canon Fodder 1A to be released since it's really just a repaint.

Man I can't believe the M&Ms are out and still no word for the next 1:48 release... Is that it for this line???

*pushes panic button*

Something tells me that Yamato would be stoopid silly to not have any more 1/48's planned when the buzz (both here and overseas) on the 1/100 VF-0 is worse than asbestos underoos. Plus, the Koenig's obviously still a pretty good ways off.

Mayhap Yamato is just being quieter than they used to be. It would be pretty ridiculous for no Canon Fodder 1A to be released since it's really just a repaint.

Maybe they are working on the 2 seater 1:48s? Here's to wishful thinking.

*pushes panic button*

Ack!

*gets off the desk and stops jumping on the panic button...*

I wonder what it does anyway... :unsure:

*gets back on the desk and starts jumping on the panic button again...*

post-4-1085693464.gif

Careful Exo.... you know if you play with your MPC too much you'll grow hair on your palm and go blind! :D

I think the court is still out at Yamato on what to do next... since they (unwisely) severed their communications ties with some of their customers they have no way of knowing what it is we want next.

since they (unwisely) severed their communications ties with some of their customers they have no way of knowing what it is we want next.

Actually, since they severed their communication - we have no way of knowing if they know what it is we want next. They can always read Macrossworld.

That's clear as mud.

"Norton, I know... that you know.. that I know... that you been watchin' me."

:lol:

Im betting there wil be a 1S with Strike packs and a TV style Roy figure, a 1D, VE-1 and Ostrich before the line is done, as well as a CF and maybe Green Kakizaki 1A's. The 1/48 line does really well, and i doubt they'll let it die that easy.

since they (unwisely) severed their communications ties with some of their customers they have no way of knowing what it is we want next.

That's quite a leap there. Just because they are no longer in contact with our preferred sources does not mean they have "no way" of knowing what the market currently demands.

H