1/60 MAX Q-Rau ( LARGE Hobby Show pic ) !

GRAND CANNON

Doesn't look like the VB-6 to me. It's too cylindrical. When the VB-6 finally surfaces we will KNOW it with a full on pic.

That's just the angle the pic is taken at and the fact that the ship is also resting at an angl. But it quite clearly is the VB-6, the alignment of the cannons can be seen to be the same as the line art/proto pics and you can also see the battroid mode claw at the top right of the ship (in the image sense).

Fort Max

i can finaly see it as a koning monster after looking at the Dengeki Hobby scan.  my eyes hurt trying to figure out what the heck it was.

VB-6

Yeah, I kind of see it now. The "feet" are mispositioned then if that's the case it seems. It would be nice if the VB-6 was on display. It would be nicer if there was a pic of it though if it was there.

Maybe the next hobby show.

Edited by Anubis

Another interseting note is the prices listed for each Q-Rau.

They appear to be as follows:

Max - 10,290yen

Millia - 12,440yen or 13,440yen?

either way....that's a pretty good difference between the two!

Wonder why? 

........ No fig with the Max?  ( Can't imagine a pilot figure that is arguably "unlikeable" can add 2,000-3,000yen to a piece. )

......hmmmmmmmmmm

i think they lowered the price cause the $120 they were asking for was a bit steep. its fine for those in the japanese market but i believe that the lack of sales in the US might have caused the price drop.

the no figure might have something to do with it but i hoping they inlcuded the figure in the end and keep the price low. either way, i can't see me picking one of these up anyway, its just ugly IMHO and i rather save for 2 green versions instead of getting the max and 1 TV ver....but thats just me.

i foresee a green q-rau in the near future. they already spent the money on the molds and its not like they were going to stop with the millia and max....they'll pump out as many as the molds allow....just like the valks. ;)

I´ll definitely will get the Max Q-Rau as I´m very pleased with this toy (love my Millia Rau).

I hope the Millia Q-Rau is selling fine, and I wish the same for the Max release so we can see more enemy mechs in the near future. B))

i foresee a green q-rau in the near future. they already spent the money on the molds and its not like they were going to stop with the millia and max....they'll pump out as many as the molds allow....just like the valks. ;)

Hope your right and the green Rau sees the light of day.

Your have a point with the fact that Yamato has to use the molds, but a TV Q-Rau has a few differences (bulkier legs, antaena, eye piece, other panel lines and engravings). I doubt Yamato would only repaint the existing toy since they pay a lot of attention to the lineart and accuracy.

We can still hope!

I'd like to see a fully TV-accurate Q-Rau from Yamato, but if all they do is repaint it (and hopefully fix the antenna and eye piece), I'll get it.

Regarding the fact that there's no figure in this Max Q-Rau--maybe they'll make a good-quality pilot figure as an add-on, just as they're doing with Millia.

thanks, ewilen I just went there (to the link) that definitely is blue. those pictures in the thread look like purple to me anyway thanks-calvin

edit*>this is the blue? right?

post-4-1084833530.jpg

Edited by calvin

The shade of blue used in this one loks about right to me based on the couple seconds it's in DYRL.

The blue is correct from DYRL. It was a tad light and purplish and not that richer dark blue on Max's VF-1S or VF-1A.

I think the pilot figure will go the way of Millia's new figure set from CMS. I actually don't mind so long as they keep that sucker cheap.

I hope they do come out with the Purple Mass Production version DRYL as well as the Green TV version.

Damn those things NEED to be 1/48 scale to go with our Valkyries though! :D

Macross Super Dimensional and Uber Accuracy Club Member.

Edited by Neova

Am I the only one who thinks Yamato should just skip the DYRL CF Q-Rau and just go straight to a TV version (millia or CF)?.... Ever since I was a kid the Q-Rau has been my fav enemy, but the red, blue and purple just doesn't "do it" for me. I Hope bad sales of the DYRL versions (if that is the case) doesn't prevent Yamato from making TV versions, which I would like to think would sell better.... I really want a TV Millia Q-Rau!!!!

Under the Max Q- rau i noticed the support/display stand is that the upcoming Yamato display stand ??

Indeed it is. :)

Am I the only one who thinks Yamato should just skip the DYRL CF Q-Rau and just go straight to a TV version (millia or CF)?.... Ever since I was a kid the Q-Rau has been my fav enemy, but the red, blue and purple just doesn't "do it" for me. I Hope bad sales of the DYRL versions (if that is the case) doesn't prevent Yamato from making TV versions, which I would like to think would sell better.... I really want a TV Millia Q-Rau!!!!

:rolleyes: Oh yes, you're not alone .... **chant** TEE-VEE....TEE-VEE....TEE-VEE **chant**

I think Yamato should skip the Max Q-rau. Its only seen for a few seconds and if ya blink you'll miss it. I do like my Red Millia Q-rau from DYRL. I'm glad Yamato made it. Its in some of my favorite parts of the movie so I dig it alot. I wouldn't mind seeing a purple one too.

I'd like to see a TV green Millia Q-rau too. Chances are it will happen. I would think Yamato will want to maximize the use of molds.

Sorry graham, I should haver paid more attention. I went to the compendium tright before I asked, but couldnt see anything labeled VB6. I guess i wasnt paying enough attention.

thos estands look pretty cool. Do we know a price on em?

Just to cast my vote: GREEN, GREEN, GREEN!

I don't care if yamato changes only the eye and antenna to save some bucks, as long as they make my green Q-rau.

Have you ever seen a Sherman tank painted red, purple or light blue? Come on! The Q-Rau is a killing machine, for crissakes.

Agreed... Heck, I wouldn't care if they left the antenna and eye DYRL style (not that those would be a big deal to change) What I really would like to see in a TV Millia Q-Rau are nice painted on markings and not crappy stickers... A TV version of Millia would be nice too, but I could live without.

.....And as someone elso said, why can't someone just take pics of all things Yamato instead of a couple of obscure shots? I'm hoping HLJ will have thorough pics.  :rolleyes:

And HLJ comes through!!

Oh my...wub.gif

http://www3.hlj.com/shs/sf/pictures/dsc04570.html

http://www3.hlj.com/shs/sf/pictures/dsc04571.html

.....And as someone elso said, why can't someone just take pics of all things Yamato instead of a couple of obscure shots? I'm hoping HLJ will have thorough pics.  :rolleyes:

And HLJ comes through!!

Oh my...wub.gif

http://www3.hlj.com/shs/sf/pictures/dsc04570.html

http://www3.hlj.com/shs/sf/pictures/dsc04571.html

heh. looks cool too bad millia keeps showing her butt on both pics :lol:

Side shot of the Koenig Monster. The completed model can transform into a sort of "pseudo-Gerwalk" mode, becoming essentially a big gun with feet!

I hope this doesn't mean they're going to leave out the battroid mode.

Also of interest:

http://www3.hlj.com/shs/sf/pictures/dsc04328.html

http://www3.hlj.com/shs/sf/pictures/dsc04329.html

VF-0B? Does the nose look pointier than the other VF-0's? And does the "Space Proving Wing" stencil signify that the VF-0 is going to finally get its fusion engines (and fly in space)?

Side shot of the Koenig Monster. The completed model can transform into a sort of "pseudo-Gerwalk" mode, becoming essentially a big gun with feet!

I hope this doesn't mean they're going to leave out the battroid mode.

Also of interest:

http://www3.hlj.com/shs/sf/pictures/dsc04328.html

http://www3.hlj.com/shs/sf/pictures/dsc04329.html

VF-0B? Does the nose look pointier than the other VF-0's? And does the "Space Proving Wing" stencil signify that the VF-0 is going to finally get its fusion engines (and fly in space)?

Yeah!!! I hope they DONT'T leave out the battroid mode!!! :(:unsure: