Shizouka Hobby Show: May 13-16

Graham

Sorry guys bt I am REALLY interested in the Ymato Zeorymer... anybody have any info? Size, price, release date, ABs, Diecast or PVC (god forbid)???

And to be honest. That VF 10 looks WORST than the previos images we saw... may be the same prototipe, but it looks like YAmato people posed on porpouse the show how UGLY the hip joints are.

Sorry guys bt I am REALLY interested in the Ymato Zeorymer... anybody have any info? Size, price, release date, ABs, Diecast or PVC (god forbid)???

It's only just debuted and it's a protoype, nobody knows anything more then wahat can be translated from the tag. :)

HLJ usually puts some notes with each pic they take so just wait for their report to go up tomorrow. :D

Fort Max

Looks like Priss will be part of Yamato's Story Image Figure line ie: Trading figures. The 2 figures behind her are Joe and Meg from Bakuretsu Tenshi.

That Priss looks like a 2040 version... Glad to see it, but I'd rather have an original series version.

Not to derail this thread, but the same page Shawn linked for the VF-0B has an awsome looking set of models from Bandai for Nausicca (with two more not pictured). Bottom of the page Wish the gunship was a bigger scale than just 1/72. But then again, like I need any more big models I have no time to build.

Cool. But where's my Megazone 23 stuff Yamato?? :angry:

n-01.jpg

Wow that thing is old. Well the model is. I forgot who made it but that has been made before. I dont think it was bandai though.

Not to derail this thread, but the same page Shawn linked for the VF-0B has an awsome looking set of models from Bandai for Nausicca (with two more not pictured). Bottom of the page Wish the gunship was a bigger scale than just 1/72. But then again, like I need any more big models I have no time to build.

Cool. But where's my Megazone 23 stuff Yamato??  :angry:

n-01.jpg

Wow that thing is old. Well the model is. I forgot who made it but that has been made before. I dont think it was bandai though.

I believe it was Bandai and this is a rerelease...

okay, wow!, then hmmmmm? I was hoping for a three mode display. :o does this mean they are still developing the other two modes? <_< and if so when do the "know guys" think it will release?

Edited by calvin

Whoa......it looks like Yamato is going to run a train on my wallet. Yikes.

Any news about Kaneda's bike? Is it going to be mostly diecast? I'm sure it'll be better than the stuff McFarlane released. :lol:

I was looking at that new photo with the monster in a enhancement program(inhances internet downloads)for viewing, anyway it looks like all the seams are shaded,kinda like model builders do when they pre/post shade? anyway was curious if this was done on the prototype or is that an origanal model from that guy now working for yamato? and does anybody have a guess on the release date, I count 4 items out there that we don't have-the armor 1/60,max Q-rau 1/60, vf-0 1/100 and the stands for all scales, oh and the 19fp....plus monster? so...dam and the new 1/60 miria figures so seven items out for us soon or later?

*edit children are now not going to college :huh: need money for yamato worship....

Edited by calvin

I will post more on my site. Sorry there wasn't more Macross. He didn't get a chance to take many pics because of all the people and time restraints and finally people yelling at him for taking the pics. He said the Yamato guy looked like he was going to burst a vein or something. :rolleyes: . here is a final shot of the Pinky St. Girls. man they are cool! I hope they do some of these figures of macross!

Thanks

Rob MN

Looking at the words printed on the Vf-0B legs it says ¨Space Proving Wing¨ , so i´m guessing the 0B is equipped with thermonuclear engines , and the serial number is 001 , Either way I REALLY hope this valk appears by Ep.5

Kinda reminds me of the F-14

Actually the VF-0B color scheme is reminiscent to the Mitsubishi F-2 Falcon-Zero prototype deployed by the JASDF Air Proving Wing(or Air Development and Testing Wing) at Gifu AB. Of course most F-2 have the blue scheme by now. Too bad the Blue Impulse wouldn't be getting them jets soon.

post-4-1084887902.jpg

Bit smaller than I thought it would be, ...

Damn, looks like it's pretty big to me. :lol:

I know someone asked this question before, but does the VB-6 have landing gear? I don't remember if the question was answered.

I can't imagine that it would do a "belly landing" every time. ;)

If he does indeed officially have landing gear of some sort, are there any pictures? Will the Yamato version incorporate them?

The Koenig looks promising even though it is hard to see with the dark paint job. I'm not sure if I like the brown but I will get over it. I'm happy about the size. It's big but not huge. I don't really want anything bigger than the 1/48's and don't want to pay a fortune.

Thanks for the pics, Monkey-N.

Bless you Monkey!!!

It really is the VB-6, and painted to boot! :)

It's huge too, easily matching a 1/48 VF-1. Look at it, then look at Millia's 1/48, then look at it again.

Looks great, the brown does seem a little off, but overall looks great. Maybe they'll adjust the paint tone since this is just a painted proto. Thye did fix Max's paint job after all.

I will buy at least two. I don't see a thing wrong with the sculpt in shuttle mode so far. I am curious about the landing gear as well. I don't remember seeing lineart for the gear anywhere in it's design works section. Even if there is no built in gear on the toy maybe it will just come with a rudimentary stand for shuttle mode. It would save on worrying about the gear sculpt and how it would affect the transformation.

It would be understandable in this instance because a) there is no gear lineart, and b) it could complicate the already complex structure of the mecha worrying about the landing gears.

Mine's going in the air on an acrylic stand (when I display the second one, first one's in gerwalk of course) so it's not really a big deal for me if there is no built in gear, especially if it helps the overall sculpt. Can't wait for gerwalk and destroid mode pics.

Now where's my f$#%*$ YF-19?

Edited by Anubis

post-4-1084868671.jpg

Never has a picture made me want to shove my hand through the monitor and grab something and run off screaming "Mine... Mine... Mine..." as much as this one does. Drool.............

When is this coming out? Anyone know? I won't feel right until I have one of those in my arms. LOL!!! (Its more one of those evil laughs then one of the funny kind.)

Off to lay down for a while...

Carl

P.S. Just noticed the sign even says "PHOTO" and still its hard to find a good picture of it. ;)

Edited by wwwmwww

Doesn't look like there's a gear built in from this one here.

That's why I think it comes with some form of rudimentary stand. Look at the simple thing propping up the nose. A similar part seems to be propping up the back end. A cheap way to satisfy the shuttle crowd and not complicate the sculpt any. Kind of smart given the nature of the VB-6. Where on the bottom is the gear supposed to go anyway? Without the froating head to dictate that, this is the easy solution. I doubt Yamato would have been allowed to just pick a spot for a landing gear. They had to get approval just to do the collapsing gunpods on the VF-1's.

My theory at least.

post-4-1084897241.jpg

This "no Photos" rule that Shizouka has seems a bit daft, why put something on display if you don't want it to be seen :rolleyes:

I can understand that they feel that allowing endless photos to be taken might hurt next years attendance figures but I can't imagine anyone who likes it skipping on going unless they had too. :D

Has anyone been to it before, is it as much fun as it looks or is it like E3 whwich gets slated by every games journo that goes.

Fort Max

Like I said before, I love seeing the No Photo signs. They are always there, and there are always pics.

Why do they bother?