Who Draws a Better Superman?

Who Draws a Better Superman?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Who Draws a Better Superman?

• Jim Lee
    • Michael Turner
    • I don't like either

I don't follow the comics....but wtf...what's with Evil Superman with Matrix bullet stopping action and him pwning Batman?

Actually, i can't see anyway batman can win superman unless he has kryptonite.

I do!

supes%7E0.jpg

Just kidding... that's my poor man's version.

Alex Ross is my favorite Supes artist... so you knew better than to put him on the poll... :p

Lee and Turner are both great artist. I just can't get used to their stiff poses and gritty teeth expressions.

Edited by >EXO<

I too like George Perez's Supes style better. But I like his Wonder Womahn bettar! :p

IMHO, Jim Lee's art has somewhat gone down a few notches. I used to like his X-men and the early WildCATS comics... maybe his pencils is just ordinary without Scott Williams' precious inks... I dunno... but those were the good times. B))

Of "new" artists, I'd go with Ross. His work is revolutionary.

I'm also a softie for Frank Miller's rendering of Supes in Dark Knight Returns.

But to me, Superman's a classic, thus my pick is...

post-26-1083858741_thumb.gif

IMHO, Jim Lee's art has somewhat gone down a few notches. I used to like his X-men and the early WildCATS comics... maybe his pencils is just ordinary without Scott Williams' precious inks... I dunno... but those were the good times. B))

YUP! I think he started to lose it during his WildCATS stint. His Omega Red arc was probably his best looking book.

I too like George Perez's Supes style better. But I like his Wonder Womahn bettar! :p

Don't get me wrong, BOB. He's the best at drawing the DC women. My point is I'm a fan of the way Superman was drawn in the 80's. And when you think of Supes comics in the 80's, you think of Crisis on Infinate Earths. You think of Perez.

Ah yes, I was thinking Crisis on Infinate Earths, but didn't remember the name just now.

Yep. That was Perez who did the pencils as well as that famous poster. He said it was grueling and ended up hating some of the DC characters.

IMHO, Jim Lee's art has somewhat gone down a few notches. I used to like his X-men and the early WildCATS comics... maybe his pencils is just ordinary without Scott Williams' precious inks... I dunno... but those were the good times.  B))

YUP! I think he started to lose it during his WildCATS stint. His Omega Red arc was probably his best looking book.

I like Lee's Superman, but hes done great work since Wildcats. he did a pretty awesome Run on Gen 13 and the Divine Right Miniseries. the man just kick ass....

....mmmm....Jim Lee's Caitlin Fairchild.... :p:lol:

I'm actually gonna go with Stuart Immomen who just finished up Superman:Secret Identity (which if you don't have, BUY IT!!) Along with his realistic character style, the guy does AWESOME landscapes.

btw, the Godfall storyline was drawn by Talent Caldwell with covers by Mike Turner

I'm leaning to ward Lee's rendition. Not that Turner's was bad.

I don't regularly follow comics but I did follow Lee's little run with Batman recently. As for the story it seemed ok. I enjoyed Superman's appearance in the run. Like I said, I didn't follow comics too much.

Hrm. I'm a Jim Lee fan, mostly of his X-Men stuff... but neither really wow me here-- Lee's isn't bad, but a little "Eh.", and Turners' looks like one of the myriad of Jim Lee copycats, even though I do like how he draws musclature.

But his Superman looks positively... metro. What with them funky eyebrows. And not metro in the Metro-polis way.

-Al

Definitely Jim Lee. I've been a fan ever since his work on Punisher War Journal, and then on to X-Men and Wild C.A.T.s. I love his style. Somehow Lee manages to capture the internal detail well, yet he has a great eye for simplifying the frame of an object and providing a very simple silhouette. Just looking at the first picture of ole Sups in this thread, you can see how the art work blends into a beautiful merge of detail and edge as it approaches the outer edge of the character. Always loved that.

Alex Ross is my favorite Supes artist... so you knew better than to put him on the poll... :p

I used to like Lee when he illustrated for X-men and Wildcats myself but lost intrest along the way the same for Michael Turner during his Witchblade and Fathom days. I voter for neither.

IMHO Alex Ross is the Norman Rockwell of comic artist.

brclark.jpg

if any of yall haven't picked up the new Superman/Batman books with Michael Turner, they are worth it, with Jeph Loeb Writing....

Turner is bringing back Supergirl.....

...And his Princess Diana (Wonder Woman) is absolutely gorgeous :lol:;)

just to add, i am not a huge Alex Ross fan. sure he does awesome work, but he hates Kyle Raynor as Green Lantern...

Edited by Isamu Atreides 86

Nyeh. Not particularly impressed with Turner's Wonder Woman there, actually. She's lost the strong jawline and her classical Amazonian beauty, in favor of the minxious starlet look. She looks like a Gen 13 character doing wonderwoman cosplay. Artistic interpretation, I guess.

And Superman still looks meeetro in that panel. It's a bird. It's a plane. It's Thuperman.

-Al