Macross stand,VF-0S, Macross stuff

eyesonme78

May/June/July is going to kill me. Car Insurance, Summer Classes, and Fall classes that I have to all pay for in a close timeframe. 40 bucks for the stand does not fit in there, that and I don't see it right now as better than the acrylic stands I'm using now. I like them in flight. On a 1/48 I'd like to use the gunpod too.

The VF-0S definately, so Yamato will be inclined to make a good VF-0D, and at the same time I'll have a good display Gerwalk (I hope). The 1/60 GBP armor is the only GBP armor I'm going to buy. The cost of a GBP armored 1/48 is not soemthing I am willing to spend that kind of money on, especially since I'm not getting a 1/48 -J. 1/60 will be plenty sufficient there for me.

I would definitely get the launch arm but I wait to see how the final VF-0 would be like before buying it. You guys would need to consider whether to buy the 1/48 VF-1J Millia which is out now !!! Money ..money... I need more maney !!!

But if nobody buys the 1/100 VF-0S, then Yamato may think there is no market for a larger scale version  :huh:

Graham

i don't buy sub par toys. there is interest in a vf-0, just not that sculpt. I will not give my hard earned money for a toy which is the worst toy to come from a company who until now seemed to be improving their game and products.

If it takes a financial HIT to teach yamato to produce good quality products then let it be. I'm not yamato's keeper.

IN addition. there is not presidence of yamato making bigger toy lines due to the popularity or sale value of the smaller toy line.

If sellability had been an indicator of future releases we would have had the yf-19 fp years ago. ...

the 1/48 vf1 was a speical case.

this mentality will ruin macross products.

Edited by Ali Sama

But if nobody buys the 1/100 VF-0S, then Yamato may think there is no market for a larger scale version  :huh:

Graham

i don't buy sub par toys. there is interest in a vf-0, just not that sculpt. I will not give my hard earned money for a toy which is the worst toy to come from a company who until now seemed to be improving their game and products.

If it takes a financial HIT to teach yamato to produce good quality products then let it be. I'm not yamato's keeper.

IN addition. there is not presidence of yamato making bigger toy lines due to the popularity or sale value of the smaller toy line.

If sellability had been an indicator of future releases we would have had the yf-19 fp years ago. ...

Nah, its just marketing... If it looks like there is no market for one product, why introduce a more expensive version?

Toy companies always do this, they release a less expensive toy that the particular demographic would be interested in, and based on the sales of that item future plans are made. Think back to the GI JOE days, when they started making toys it was just $8 action figures. After sales went well, they introduced some $25 vehicles, six months later larger action sets were introduced, and after continuing great sales they released the USS flag. That was like a $400 toy, but they never would have made the thing if they hadn't had solid research behind the product line.

Example: 1/60 sales were good, so Yamato came to the conclusion that there was a market for an even more expensive version.

Graham

agree~ you say what I think~!

Graham

Nah, its just marketing... If it looks like there is no market for one product, why introduce a more expensive version?

Toy companies always do this, they release a less expensive toy that the particular demographic would be interested in, and based on the sales of that item future plans are made. Think back to the GI JOE days, when they started making toys it was just $8 action figures. After sales went well, they introduced some $25 vehicles, six months later larger action sets were introduced, and after continuing great sales they released the USS flag. That was like a $400 toy, but they never would have made the thing if they hadn't had solid research behind the product line.

Example: 1/60 sales were good, so Yamato came to the conclusion that there was a market for an even more expensive version.

Thanks for your input A1. I didn't know that's what toy companies do.

Graham

where are my larg scale m+ toys.

Graham

You expected large scale M+ toys after all the whining and bitching about the re-releases ? :lol::rolleyes: LOL

I will not give my hard earned money for a toy which is the worst toy to come from a company who until now seemed to be improving their game and products.

I assume you already bought the 1/100 VF-0 and carefully studied it´s sculpt and came up with that conclusion then ? can we have the advance review please ? <_<

Before you mark me as a 1/100 lover , I also WILL NOT buy the 1/100 VF-0 , but not becuase I pressume of knowing how crapy it is (if it were) but becuase I´m willing to wait for perfect VF-0D.

So we have the same excuse but independently of that you have no argument for saying this is the worst Yamato toy ever to be released and that they´re just releasing crap after crap.

until someone buys the actual thing we shoud reserve our opinions on the toy. ;)

Edited by Aegis!

You expected large scale M+ toys after all the whining and bitching about the re-releases ? :lol::rolleyes: LOL

? you have me confused with someone else.

I will not give my hard earned money for a toy which is the worst toy to come from a company who until now seemed to be improving their game and products.

I assume you already bought the 1/100 VF-0 and carefully studied it´s sculpt and came up with that conclusion then ? can we have the advance review please ? <_<

sure. leg pegs are too large. Legs are nor proportioned correctly. too large for the frame. swaping parts is bad.

Before you mark me as a 1/100 lover , I also WILL NOT buy the 1/100 VF-0  , but not becuase I pressume of knowing how crapy it is (if it were) but becuase I´m willing to wait for perfect VF-0D.

i am willing to wait for a perfect transforming and anatomiclly correcty vf0.

So we have the same excuse but independently of that you have no argument for saying this is the worst Yamato toy ever to be released and that they´re just releasing crap after crap.

it is the worst. I loved my 1/60s and my 1/48s. the order of toys form best to worst as far as macross from yamato goes.

1/48 vf1s > 1/72 m+ > 1/60 vf1 > 1/60 qua ra > 1/100 vf0

I haev not seen enough pics of the monster. but ifit is as promsing as it looks it woudl go right after the m+ toys.

until someone buys the actual thing we shoud reserve our opinions on the toy. ;)

do you honestly need someone to eat this to tell you how it tastes?

Well, I'm sure I'll get at least 1 VF-0, and maybe a few stands.

On another note, regarding possible quality or lack thereof, of the VF-0...

From my experiences, and from what I have read, even on Yamato's WORST day, they could still beat even the BEST that Toynami/HG have to offer, the master piece o' crap.

This has gotta be true, since my entire valk collection is fueled/supplied by Yamato, thanks to fellow MWer reviews.

you have me confused with someone else

I posted multiple quotes , I was referring to whoever posted that coment on wanting large scale M+ toys.

sure. leg pegs are too large. Legs are nor proportioned correctly. too large for the frame. swaping parts is bad.

No , that means it´s not like a 1/48 not that the toy itself is badly constructed or painted or molded , etc... you can´t judge the functionality of the design by looking at it , you can just say that you either like or dislike the design based on your tastes but you can affirm it´s bad on all aspects of it.

i am willing to wait for a perfect transforming and anatomiclly correcty vf0

Ditto. I´m gonna wait for the bigger more detailed toy.

it is the worst. I loved my 1/60s and my 1/48s. the order of toys form best to worst as far as macross from yamato goes.

That´s according to your tastes ,as I said earlier , you can´t say your opinion is the right one cause everyone has a different opinion. MINE isn´t the right one , of course , my opinion is that this toy won´t be the BEST VF-0 toy ever cause it could always be optimised , but I CANT say it´s the best or the worst YET.

you have me confused with someone else

I posted multiple quotes , I was referring to whoever posted that coment on wanting large scale M+ toys.

that was me..... i

No , that means it´s not like a 1/48 not that the toy itself is badly constructed or painted or molded , etc... you can´t judge the functionality of the design by looking at it , you can just say that you either like or dislike the design based on your tastes but you can affirm it´s bad on all aspects of it.

yes I can and I have. I haev 1/60's scale. This is 1 more step from that in tha tyou have to remove the cockpit and nose. the vf1 and vf0 trasnform in a similar manner.

i am willing to wait for a perfect transforming and anatomiclly correcty vf0

Ditto. I´m gonna wait for the bigger more detailed toy.

yeah. I hope they fix alll the issues.

That´s according to your tastes ,as I said earlier , you can´t say your opinion is the right one cause everyone has a different opinion. MINE isn´t the right one , of course , my opinion is that this toy won´t be the BEST VF-0 toy ever cause it could always be optimised , but I CANT say it´s the best or the worst YET.

it looks like the worst. the 1/60's look better then it . I like my 1/60's. but i wont; buy anymore.

when you have shwo accurate sculpts like the 1/48 and the11b, then we get somthing which toynamie woudl do. if this toy is $20 i woudl consider buying it.

sicne it is all plastic and is of simialr value to an alternator and if you push it a spiderman. though the large spideman is abetter value imho.

From my experiences, and from what I have read, even on Yamato's WORST day, they could still beat even the BEST that Toynami/HG have to offer, the master piece o' crap.

This has gotta be true, since my entire valk collection is fueled/supplied by Yamato, thanks to fellow MWer reviews.

sorry but just becuase there are worst toys out there it does not make this one good.

sorry but just becuase there are worst toys out there it does not make this one good.

Yeah but just because there are better toys out there it does not make this one bad ;)

your judgement on the toy is utterly subjective, which IMO is a bad thing cause NO ONE, not even Grahams has had the opportunity to handle this toy.

If the toy works (i.e. transforms correctly and it´s articulation are fine) then it´s a functional toy.

All I´m saying is that you can´t judge how good the toy performs in terms o playability just by looking at how good the sculpt looks.

Mate , why do you even bother to whine about this toy if you won´t be buying it and you don´t care about it ? we both want the bigger version so why waste our time with this one ?

But if nobody buys the 1/100 VF-0S, then Yamato may think there is no market for a larger scale version :huh:

Graham

Then the 1/100 better look a damn sight better than that prototype pic.

Even then, I would be hard pressed to buy a 1/100 scale toy.

Damn guys.... if you don't like it.. BUILD A BETTER ONE.... For the love of God, we don't even have the thing in hand yet and people are already writing it off.

Starting to sound like a bunch of damn Robotech fans or something....

Yeah, doesn't take a marketing genius to realize that a crap product will do absolutely nothing for future product interest.

Do it right the first time around, and have customers for life.

Keep screwing around and no one will trust you.

**Truth be told, I wouldn't mind buying valkyries in a smaller scale except for the fact that I know Yamato will just end up churning out a crappy product for me. I got the 1/60 Super 1J which was cool enough. I followed that with the Max 1A and the original 11, both were just nightmares to handle. I then bought the M&M 1J's and they both had their share of problems ranging from loose landing gears to uneven wings. After reading about the problems of the 1D, VT, VE and 21, I just completely gave up on Yamato's smaller offerings.

If they can persuade me that they can actually make something small AND high-quality, then I'll re-consider.

Edited by imode

Yeah but just because there are better toys out there it does not make this one bad ;)

your judgement on the toy is utterly subjective, which IMO is a bad thing cause NO ONE, not even Grahams has had the opportunity to handle this toy.

If the toy works (i.e. transforms correctly and it´s articulation are fine) then it´s a functional toy.

All I´m saying is that you can´t judge how good the toy performs in terms o playability just by looking at how good the sculpt looks.

Mate , why do you even bother to whine about this toy if you won´t be buying it and you don´t care about it ? we both want the bigger version so why waste our time with this one ?

the toynamie mps have good funcitonality.willI buy one. No. it;s ugly.

forgot to add. honestly. a company should apreciate thsi feedback. there will be theos who will buy it but there are theo swhoa re nto happy. And they won't be in the minority. if they want to salvage this product they eith rneed to fix it or make it as cheap ss the alternators .

Edited by Ali Sama

MPC could have been a great TOY had its quality control problems been ironed out BEFORE production. that did not pick up till the max version came out and even now i hear of YF1R's having problems. with the 1/48 yes yaamto could destroy HG. if the VF-0 1/100 has tight hips unlike that of the 1/60 it can most likelky be a better toy than the MPC. transformation will probably only take 30 seconds form the way graham described it. its really jsut rearranding parts and changind the nose. nost nose and additional part just nose connected to something.

Besides, I think 1/100 scale is a little to small for perfect transformation, see Bandpresto and all the problems their valks have.

BTW Graham, congratulations on the incoming arrival.

EDIT: spelling, I really can't type tonight.

Edited by muswp1

MPC could have been a great TOY had its quality control problems been ironed out BEFORE production. that did not pick up till the max version came out and even now i hear of YF1R's having problems. with the 1/48 yes yaamto could destroy HG. if the VF-0 1/100 has tight hips unlike that of the 1/60 it can most likelky be a better toy than the MPC. transformation will probably only take 30 seconds form the way graham described it. its really jsut rearranding parts and changind the nose. nost nose and additional part just nose connected to something.

Yamato 1/48 could have been a great TOY had its quality control problems been ironed out BEFORE production. that did not pick up till the max version came out and even now i hear of vf1j's having problems.

that works too doesn;t it.

no it doesnt because the 1/48s problems are not as bad as the MPCs.

For the most part the 1./48s...some had missing parts, seam across cockpit, loose canopy, misglued seats.

the MPC it was backpack not attached to toy or broken off in box, LOOSE RATCHETS on volumes 1-3(most of them are loose), paint on all heads is rather ridiculous, visors are not painted good i mean, light shines through visors since paint is not opaque enough, diecast swing bars have smudges, head lasers bent inwards(skull 1 MPC), leg armor not staying on.

Thos problems far outway the problems on the 1/48. Id rather have a loose canopy, skull 1 1/48 with gap on cockpit rathe than a MPC skull 1 with LOOSE ratchets, mud smudges, and head lasers bent inwards and armor panel that wont stay on the leg armor pieces.

I dont know if you gto a 1.48 but i got a hikaru 1S and 2 MPCs and myt 1/48s quality is MUCH better than the MPC ever will be. MPC is a decent toy but is marred by bad qc problems.

oh and 1/48 Is a GREAT TOY. quality problems for the most part have been minimal on this board compared to 1/60s, MPCS, abnd VF11B ver. 1

Can't seem to find any on mine except for the slightly loose airbrake which i don't think is any of a problem at all compared to the MPC which i got out of curiousity despite all the bad reviews and true enough found myself ending up with fancy cardboard pakaging on the shelf display!

no it doesnt because the 1/48s problems are not as bad as the MPCs.

For the most part the 1./48s...some had missing parts, seam across cockpit, loose canopy, misglued seats.

the MPC it was backpack not attached to toy or broken off in box, LOOSE RATCHETS on volumes 1-3(most of them are loose), paint on all heads is rather ridiculous, visors are not painted good i mean, light shines through visors since paint is not opaque enough, diecast swing bars have smudges, head lasers bent inwards(skull 1 MPC), leg armor not staying on.

Thos problems far outway the problems on the 1/48.  Id rather have a loose canopy, skull 1 1/48 with gap on cockpit rathe than a MPC skull 1 with LOOSE ratchets, mud smudges, and head lasers bent inwards and armor panel that wont stay on the leg armor pieces. 

I dont know if you gto a 1.48 but i got a hikaru 1S and 2 MPCs and myt 1/48s quality is MUCH better than the MPC ever will be.  MPC is a decent toy but is marred by bad qc problems. 

oh and 1/48 Is a GREAT TOY.  quality problems for the most part have been minimal on this board compared to 1/60s, MPCS, abnd VF11B ver. 1

problmes are problems.

you forget nose cone falling down.

croocked skull

wing parts faling off with ease.

back packs breakang off.

I have 3 1/48's thank you. NO mpcs.

and this topic is just my wild imagination isn't it.

Edited by Ali Sama

But if nobody buys the 1/100 VF-0S, then Yamato may think there is no market for a larger scale version :huh:

Graham

That's my point exactly. That's one of the reasons I kept buying the 1/60. Keep the faith! :D

Vic!

No stand or VF-0 for me. Those stands need to be like $15 not $40 to get my attention and it's not that the VF-0 toy is small or plastic it is that I just don't like the designs from Macross Zero. Even if they make a ten foot tall super detail one I most likely won't buy it... the thing is just ugly in my eyes.

Graham

That's my point exactly. That's one of the reasons I kept buying the 1/60. Keep the faith! :D

Vic!

That's like buying Ford Pintos, to ensure that one day they would make the Mustang. :p

man oh man...toy isn't even out and we are all up in arms.

Honestly, I hear the naysayers...I am not floored by the sculpt, and I certainly would appreciate the scale being 1/72 or 1/60 (heck...the Hase's 1/72! ) But...on the other side I suspect they paid a lot for the license, it's a new sculpt, and they are in a brand new market (this isn't going to catch all the original Macross fans, and in the US the original Robotech fans who with the others might have stumbled on a VF1, crapped, and bought it (like I did years ago)) :)

So...if Yamato makes a nice toy...a decent toy...even at 1/100 scale...if the price is nice too I think it will be fine...and I hope it sells enough to make them want to build a 1/60 version which compares to the 1/48 in quality and fits nicely with my 1/60 toys. (1/48 would be nice too...but thats a big ole' bird)

man oh man...toy isn't even out and we are all up in arms.

Thank goodness... I must be losing interest in the toy threads... this is the first time I've seen this one. [iNSERT sigh of relief smiley here]

>EXO<*losing interest in the threads not the toys. :rolleyes:

Graham

I disagree. If it doesn't sell, all we can safely say is there is no market for 1/100 VF-0S. :lol: