New Aliens Vs. Predator featurette

glane21

Paul Anderson's Jedi mind tricks won't work on me! Does he really expect us to believe that AvP will really be all about the characters? :rolleyes:

*Waves hand* "You will dismiss the crapping acting, you will be stunned by the sub-par special effects." :p

Wow, actually that's kinda cool that they'll have Lance in this film, he's been a big part of these films for sometime, it's just WOW to see him doing this...I would of never thought of him as like the original Weyland owner, it's just.....mind boggling? Hope he dies.

At least the idiots have guns...

I remember back in the first thread about this movie that that was one of my main points of contention. Originally the plot was that "scientists" in an "arctic base" have fend off the Aliens and Predators... my mind immediately went to Alien3 mode where this group of "enlightened scientific minds" would have no guns, thus no means to protect themselves and you would have had basically a slasher movie.

Guns people. Guns.

The movie can not be that bad if the humans have the ability to shoot back.

(...but the clip of the guy emptying his G36 all over the place makes me think we will get a healthy dose of "selective aiming accuracy" in this movie)

(...but the clip of the guy emptying his G36 all over the place makes me think we will get a healthy dose of "selective aiming accuracy" in this movie)

I dunno about you, but if *I* were faced with an Alien (or more) in a darkened room, and it was coming towards me, I know that *I* would have my finger on that trigger for all it was worth :)

One thing we need, though, are the motion trackers. That was one of Aliens' better introductions. Just hearing that beep was pretty darn creepy :p

Too many Justin Timberlake and Elimidate type "pretty" ppl in it.

I'll pass.

:o

Justin Timberlake is the man! N*SYNC was a client of mine, and they totally impressed me... Bad ass guys.

Whats wrong with casting good looking people, would you rather see George Castanza, and Cosmo Kramer in the movie?

First off, the arctic setting makes me think they're ripping off Carpenter's The Thing.

"Take non combatant scientist types, and stick them in an isolated environment, OK, now fold in alien badguys." = horror ensues.

I also hate when they start folding pseudo relationships in. "Yeah, this dude's name is Weyland, and..and...yeaahhh, he's the dude that invented robotics, and....and.....yeaaahhhh, he made the robots look like him.....and oh yeahh, he's one half of Weyland - Yutani corp. If they went to all that trouble to fold in the Aliens continuity, then is Weyland also Dutch Schaeffer's long lost brother???? Yeahhh.

Second - Feh, the premise of this movie is gayer than gay. Where do you draw the line in the X vs X genre? Why not start doing Star Trek VS Star Wars, or NSync vs The Backdoor Boys etc etc ad nauseum.

Bottom line, I am convinced that you could sell Hollywood the premise of "My Bowels vs a Taco Bell Grande Meal" and they would dump millions into high tech special effects of how an order of nachos is mysteriously converted to a fart.

Well, when I saw the Predator holding that chestburster in his hand, I immediately began to pray that he was gonna draw out his wrist blades and chop that little bastard's head right off. That'd be worth the price of admission, alone. :D

Bottom line, I am convinced that you could sell Hollywood the premise of "My Bowels vs a Taco Bell Grande Meal" and they would dump millions into high tech special effects of how an order of nachos is mysteriously converted to a fart.

Gross! Sad part is, I can believe people would actually pay to see that.

As for AVP it may be fun as long as you don't expect it to be the greatest movie ever to hit the silverscreen.

Edited by GobotFool

Should be a decent mindless monster movie. I actually enjoy occasionaly watching movies where I can just shut off my brain.

I never have very high expectations for any movie based on the Aliens franchise. It's a real shame the Alien franchise only lasted a singe movie. The xenomorph was an inteligent solitary predator that adapted to it's environment, and was capable of learning and patience. Despite what Mr. Cameron may think, it did not run headlong down the hallway with a bunch of it's buddies.

It's always fun to watch Predators find new and inventive ways of killing things, though. :)

Awww....but I wanted marines with pulse rifles and smart guns. Oh well. At least Mr. Weyland is there. :lol:

Is this supposed to happen BEFORE the Alien and Aliens movies?

Awww....but I wanted marines with pulse rifles and smart guns. Oh well. At least Mr. Weyland is there. :lol:

Is this supposed to happen BEFORE the Alien and Aliens movies?

I think this is supposed to take place present day :blink:

well, given that Weyland-Yutani had been firmly established for quite some time by the time "Aliens" rolls around, and given the fact that one of the guys in the movie helped found the company, it's highly probable that it would come before the others....

Second - Feh, the premise of this movie is gayer than gay. Where do you draw the line in the X vs X genre? Why not start doing Star Trek VS Star Wars, or NSync vs The Backdoor Boys etc etc ad nauseum.

The problem with that being is that AvP has been a franchise in comics/video games/etc. for YEARS now, going back as far as a decade for the original comic crossover.

Long before any of the other X vs X that you so rightly slag.

I hope those weren't the best parts of the film spliced together, cause it looks pretty good...

Any idea if the Predator is gonna be the good ol man-in-the-rubber suit version or a new and highly enhanced CG copy? The overall Predator design certainly seems to look better and darker than the first two.

Now all I need to see is the good ol shoulder caster laser targeting device... and the throwing disc... and the cloak effects...

awe forget it, I just want this movie to rock. :lol:

Second - Feh, the premise of this movie is gayer than gay.  Where do you draw the line in the X vs X genre?  Why not start doing Star Trek VS Star Wars, or NSync vs The Backdoor Boys etc etc ad nauseum.

The problem with that being is that AvP has been a franchise in comics/video games/etc. for YEARS now, going back as far as a decade for the original comic crossover.

Long before any of the other X vs X that you so rightly slag.

Yeah, I know the premise has been around for some time, but that doesn't make it any less lame. :lol:

With alien vs predator now adressed I wonder if we'll ever see, stuff like Robocop vs Terminator, Superman vs Alien (yes this was real), Terminator vs Superman (yes this was also a real comic) :ph34r:

Okay, at the end of Alien 3, that was supposed to be Weyland right?

Uhm, damn he's one well preserved guy, because Alien took place like 50 years after Alien. And we don't know how many years Alien is supposed to be in the future sooooooo.... :blink:

Uhm, damn he's one well preserved guy, because Alien took place like 50 years after Alien. And we don't know how many years Alien is supposed to be in the future sooooooo.... :blink:

Could be a descendant, like his great great grandson or something.

I never have very high expectations for any movie based on the Aliens franchise. It's a real shame the Alien franchise only lasted a singe movie.

Guh? Ok, you are officially the second person I know of on planet earth who does NOT like Aliens. Congratulations. :D

Uhm, damn he's one well preserved guy, because Alien  took place like 50 years after Alien.  And we don't know how many years Alien is supposed to be in the future sooooooo.... :blink:

Could be a descendant, like his great great grandson or something.

Even Lance Henrikson isn't clear on who he was supposed to be at the end of Alien 3. In the script and credits he's listed as Bishop II, which clearly implies that he's supposed to be another droid just like the first Bishop. However, in the film itself he identifies himself as a human, and this is supported by the fact that he bleeds red blood after getting conked on the head.

What's dumber is, if all the droids are supposed to "look like Weyland" then what the hell was Ash? Yutani? :rolleyes:

What's dumber is, if all the droids are supposed to "look like Weyland" then what the hell was Ash? Yutani? :rolleyes:

huh... I smell sequel material here.... first they show Weyland in the first AVP, then comes AVP2 a few years later with Yutani... nah.... can't imagine an "Ash" figure being influential in the formation of Weyland-Yutani...

Then again... Ash came waaaaaay after Bishop.. maybe by then android design was rethought and they went with mutiple varities of skins? After all, Ash was a next-gen android in the movie...

What's dumber is, if all the droids are supposed to "look like Weyland" then what the hell was Ash? Yutani?  :rolleyes:

huh... I smell sequel material here.... first they show Weyland in the first AVP, then comes AVP2 a few years later with Yutani... nah.... can't imagine an "Ash" figure being influential in the formation of Weyland-Yutani...

Then again... Ash came waaaaaay after Bishop.. maybe by then android design was rethought and they went with mutiple varities of skins? After all, Ash was a next-gen android in the movie...

Got that backwards, Bishop was the next gen droid.

No, it was just another Bishop android. If you look carefully after "85" bashes him with the wrench, you'll see that half of his head - especially around the ear - is sorta hanging off. It was just another company trick to try to get Ripley to turn over the queen.