Transfomers Energon

I have to say I hate armade. But for some reason I am really warming up to Energon.

I got Arcee and she's cool. But the latest find is the powerlink feature. Where you take two energon figures and they can combine. Most of the combinations are crap but I thought this one is baddassed. Saw this on Remy's World

Here is Prowl by himself.

prowl05.jpg

kinda bland.

He is supposed to combine with Rodimus but I dont like it.

prowl12.jpg

Then I saw this. You take two prowls and combine them together.

prowl16.jpg

prowl19.jpg

Here's Rodimus combined with himselfrodimus20.jpg

The range of motion looks severely limited on Double Rodimus. Now I know why I passed on the Armada and Energon figures. YUCK. Thank God the Binaltech line is around or I wouldn't be collecting TF's at all. :(

Translucent neon weapons.....Noooooooooooo! :rolleyes:

Graham

Ahh. What would a Tranny post be without a comment from the Anti-Tranny. :lol:

anyway... i think i'm going to stick with BinalTech's, Masterpiece, and select G1 re-issues.

how the hell is rodimus nicer then the macross plus toys? those are ADULT toys and though bvilly wong isnt really as respected as flex nishikawa nor as skilled, those toys he sculpted were a GOOD first attempt at attempting to create something to hard to create in toy form and still remain PERFECT variable. not to mention they conceal the fact that they transform much better than rodimus. I llike that rodimus figure and its price but comparing it to the macross plus toys is like comparing a diaper to 24 yr olds boxers.

I llike that rodimus figure and its price but comparing it to the macross plus toys is like comparing a diaper to 24 yr olds boxers.

For a second, I thought you meant, "24 year-old boxers" and that's just f-in nasty, man. You can't keep underwear that long! It's disgusting! :lol:

Seriously, though... Energon looks like a lot of fun for kids' toys. Not my scene now, like most folks I like the G1 reissues, Masterpiece, Binaltech.... but if I was 11, these toys would be way cooler than the last 10 years worth of crappy Transformers, IMHO.

So, let's all remember that these are great kids' toys and the more expensive stuff is for the older collectors. Doesn't mean you can't like both - but it's difficult to compare the different sensibilities and it's pretty pointless. I still love legos, but I don't compare them to the wood, tile and brick I use to build with now at home.

Today's lesson:

Perspective = good.

24 year-old boxers = gross as hell.

Hey Nick, can you post up pictures of arcee? I can't find the figure. I wanted to see the different transformations and close up pics of her. Thanx :p:lol::D

Help! My Energon Starscream toy fell from the top of my book shelf and didn't break.... No paint chips either......

Think I can get parts from HLJ or may someone can recast some parts for me....

Oh wait.....Nothing broke on him....... :p

Edited by Myriad

Help! My Energon Starscream toy fell from the top of my book shelf and didn't break.... No paint chips either......

Oh wait.....Nothing broke on him.......  :p

THe thing I hate about the Starscream is that he's jsut a repaitn of that G2 Transformer. He interlocks with the large B2 bomber lookign thing with a gatling gun.

Here Pat.

Pics of Arcee @ Remy's World

Edited by Solscud007

Oh wait.....Nothing broke on him....... :p

Well, does he look better now? :lol:

Couldn't resist..

Oh wait.....Nothing broke on him.......  :p

THe thing I hate about the Starscream is that he's jsut a repaitn of that G2 Transformer. He interlocks with the large B2 bomber lookign thing with a gatling gun.

Here Pat.

Pics of Arcee @ Remy's World

i know there was some resculpting but does starscream actually lock into dreadwing?

how the hell is rodimus nicer then the macross plus toys? those are ADULT toys and though bvilly wong isnt really as respected as flex nishikawa nor as skilled, those toys he sculpted were a GOOD first attempt at attempting to create something to hard to create in toy form and still remain PERFECT variable.

Eh? Weren't the Macross Plus toys from Yamato ripped off from existing Studio Halfeye designs?

Eh?  Weren't the Macross Plus toys from  Yamato ripped off from existing Studio Halfeye designs?

No, they weren't 'ripped'. Yamato paid Takashima-san of SHE to provide techical assistance with the design.

Graham

In terms of design aspects what are the major differences between the SHE model and YF-19. There has to be some as in fighter mode the SHE actually looks sleak, while the Yamato is all fat and tubby...

In terms of design aspects what are the major differences between the SHE model and YF-19. There has to be some as in fighter mode the SHE actually looks sleak, while the Yamato is all fat and tubby...

Yep, there are a lot of differences between the SHE & Yamato YF-19, they are far from the same beast: -

• Yamato has landing gear, SHE does not.
  • Yamato's gunpod can attach in fighter mode, SHE's cannot.
  • The rear of the lower leg of the SHE has a complicated 'Origami' type folding design. The Yamato does not have this.
  • The SHE has a correctly sculpted canopy shape, The canopy on the Yamoto is the wrong shape and features a rounded lower edge, instead of the correct straight lines and angles.
  • The Yamato has that annoying triangular shape gap in fighter mode where the nose hinges, the SHE does not.
  • Due to dispensing with the folding lower leg mechanism, the shoulders on the Yamato sit far too high in fighter mode, making it less sleek than the SHE.

Graham

Yep, there are a lot of differences between the SHE & Yamato YF-19, they are far from the same beast: -

• Yamato has landing gear, SHE does not.
  • Yamato's gunpod can attach in fighter mode, SHE's cannot.
  • The rear of the lower leg of the SHE has a complicated 'Origami' type folding design. The Yamato does not have this.
  • The SHE has a correctly sculpted canopy shape, The canopy on the Yamoto is the wrong shape and features a rounded lower edge, instead of the correct straight lines and angles.
  • The Yamato has that annoying triangular shape gap in fighter mode where the nose hinges, the SHE does not.
  • Due to dispensing with the folding lower leg mechanism, the shoulders on the Yamato sit far too high in fighter mode, making it less sleek than the SHE.

Graham

which begs the question, will these deficiencies be solved in the eventual Resculpt?

???

The Energon toys so far are a definate step up from the crap in Armada, with the definate exception of Optimus Prime. They're not perfect, but they are better.

BTW, I really like that Prowl+Prowl combo, although Remy should not have use Rodimus' gun in that shot.